AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-05-02, 10:56   Link #61
MrBrown

Yes, he was masturbating.

He'll do it again too.

This time it was for his ex-girlfriend, next time it'll be for Nanoka. <.>
MrBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 14:20   Link #62
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerattacks
@Harorulez

Wow this is very amazing. Is it just something some people made for fun or will it be a live action? Cause it looks really professional.
They are the works of some Koikaze fanatics. They have very good location scouts. Speaking of the platform scene, it was amazing. I spend 99.9% of my time in Tokyo so I have never seen a platform made of wooden structure and that platform structure closely resembles the anime scene, good work indeed. Unfortunately I do not know which station the picture was taken.

The location of the OP ending was good too. They took it at a railway beside the sea in Kamakura in Kanagawa prefecture right below Tokyo. I took that railway once three years ago. In order to match the scene in the anime the picture shown at the site was a mirror of the actual location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrown
Yes, he was masturbating.

He'll do it again too.

This time it was for his ex-girlfriend, next time it'll be for Nanoka. <.>
Hmm. Groundless joke is no fun to any serious audience.

Note: The manga availibity in Japan is now improved. There was certain demand following the anime release. Now a large bookstore near my house has significant stock of all 4 volumes displayed at the center of manga section unlike 2 weeks ago that only 2 of Volume 1 were available. All the volumes are now reprinted.
Old 2004-05-02, 16:34   Link #63
MrBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRoRuleZ
Hmm. Groundless joke is no fun to any serious audience.
Ok, maybe I remember it wrong. >.>
Old 2004-05-02, 17:10   Link #64
TronDD
Team the box!

Are the 4 volumes the complete story or is that all that has been written so far?
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 23:43   Link #65
MrBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
Are the 4 volumes the complete story or is that all that has been written so far?
Complete. The story is finished with vol4.
Old 2004-05-03, 01:23   Link #66
Budweineken
Crap

So how many volumes, if anyone knows. have been covered so far by the anime? I hope they cover every volume...
Budweineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 01:37   Link #67
TronDD
Team the box!

I read the first 4 chapters. They were covered in the first 2, maybe 3, episodes. But they've already skipped some stuff.
Old 2004-05-03, 01:41   Link #68
Budweineken
Crap

Alright thanks for the info...also if you possibly can... can you post in a spoiler tag what was skipped up to this moment? But if you think that it will covered later on don't... thanks in advance if you can...

I'm just glad that i decided to what this one boring night... i wasnt planning on giving it a shot... but it has me caught at the moment
Old 2004-05-03, 02:05   Link #69
TronDD
Team the box!

I doubt the stuff they skipped will be covered later. They completly cut out 2 scenes with their mother.

Spoiler:

I'm really tired right now, but I think that's right.
Old 2004-05-03, 02:11   Link #70
MrBrown

After I had read the manga, I was quite surprised they skipped those parts about their mother. She's a pretty important character, so it'd be a shame if they totally left her out of the anime.
Old 2004-05-03, 02:17   Link #71
TronDD
Team the box!

And at the very least, it was some interesting character development. I plan to read the manga as I watch the show so I don't miss things like that. If the scanlations can keep up, anyway.
Old 2004-05-05, 04:19   Link #72
marin

Maybe they're saving the bits with the mom for something special later?
marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 12:40   Link #73
TronDD
Team the box!

They may introduce the mother later, but the specific scenes in the manga won't happen. Unless it's a flashback because they were relavent to things that already happened in the anime. Nanoka obviously isn't going to go home for her teddy bear now that she's already given it to her brother, for example.
Old 2004-05-06, 13:44   Link #74
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Episode 5 ends at the end of chapter 7, the final chapter of Vol. 1, and the last 8 minutes of the anime are heavily adapted from that chapter.

Episode 6 begins from the middle of chapter 10 from Vol. 2 and ends at the end of chapter 11. 2 1/2 chapters are skipped including many scenes of their mother. I can safely say that the mother will have no role in the anime at all.

To clearly understand characters development, complete manga volumes are a must see.
HaRoRuleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 02:37   Link #75
Budweineken
Crap

Episode 5 was awesome... none of the episodes dissapointment... I like how every episode brings psychological and emotional themes
Old 2004-05-08, 00:41   Link #76
Autumn

I like the anime a lot so far, even Koshiro's little incident did not freak me out.

Its interesting to see how in the first episode, he was said to be this cold guy, that do not have really deep feelings for anyone. And thru the episodes we saw his turmoil and his resistance to the idea of having deep feelings (not necessarily romantic) for Nanoka, and has become so emotional.

One thing i am wondering is, is Koshiro in the beginning only putting up a facade of detachment, due to maybe the trauma of his parents divorce. Or has Nanoka really affected and changed him to a more passionate person.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 00:48   Link #77
TronDD
Team the box!

Well he obviously has some kind of problem dealing with emotions. He keeps going rapidly back and forth from a nice brother to a jackass. I think this is the first time an otherwise detached man has had real feelings "from the bottom of his heart" (as his ex said) and can't deal with it properly because of his own internal issues and the fact that it's his sister.
Old 2004-05-14, 16:18   Link #78
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

The subbed episode 6 is not out yet.

Episode 7 represents chapter 12 and 14 from the manga volume 2. Chapter 13 was completely dropped out.

Spoiler:

In conclusion, only half of the materials from volume 2 were used to make the animation (episode 6 and 7).
HaRoRuleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 05:20   Link #79
Devin

Woa.... That's all i have to say. This is the most realistic anime i've ever seen. Everything seems just so real, especially the voice acting, they sound just like regular real life people. The emotions they express are genuine as well. I am very impressed with this anime...

In my opinion, this anime has the best voice acting ever...
Devin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 07:06   Link #80
TronDD
Team the box!

Nice to see another fan show up. Too bad the fansubbing has slowed on this series.

I'd like to see this actually get released in the US. Dispite it's supposed licensing, I still have my doubts.

The realness of this series (and the topic incestual romance) would make it difficult for American consumption, I think.

Tags
romance, seinen