AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-04, 11:19   Link #81
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I would just like to see a proper retelling of the final arc since truly the last OVA didnt do it justice.

Of course I wouldnt mind seeing a redone epi 30 as well. Best. Fight. Ever.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 11:32   Link #82
ditn

Has there ever been news about remake or doing the last arc.
I don't think any news has ever been said about that and i have given hope up that it ever will happen ^^
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 00:11   Link #83
Vicious108

Animated Jinchu has always been my number one dream when it comes to anime, but yeah I really don't think it'll ever come true either.

A darn shame when other older anime like Kenshin keep getting remakes and new releases these days, but oh well. I'll always have the amazing manga to read whenever I desire, and that's what matters.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 11:40   Link #84
ditn

One of the problems i see is that they would have to remake the entire anime.
Dragonball kai can just reshow the old episodes and cut out the filler,not alot of work and still big money(dragonball z after 20 year is still going very strong)
Kenshin can't do this because they would have 50 episodes old animation and then new animation.
Still i couldn't understand why they didnt do it because its probaly very popular^^
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 11:58   Link #85
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditn View Post
One of the problems i see is that they would have to remake the entire anime.
I dont think they need to remark the entire anime since like Endless said most all fans only wish for the Jinchu arc to be properly animated. Yeah it would be new animation to the old style but Im totally cool with that. Considering the end of the Reflections OVA wasnt even manga based that arc deserves something better.

The manga is still in my top 3 faves of all time. Man I wish Watsuki could do something epic like that again.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 12:22   Link #86
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I dont think they need to remark the entire anime since like Endless said most all fans only wish for the Jinchu arc to be properly animated. Yeah it would be new animation to the old style but Im totally cool with that. Considering the end of the Reflections OVA wasnt even manga based that arc deserves something better.
Problem is unless it were an OVA series Jinchuu wouldn't make sense without the context of the first two arcs of the series. And there is far, far too much to Jinchuu to cram it into just a few OVAs. At this point the only way we'd ever see Jinchuu given a proper treatment is if the whole thing was re-done.

One thing to keep in mind is this isn't necessarily out of the question. Slayers was resurrected for two 1-cour shows, and Fullmetal Alchemist is getting an entire re-working as well. If the anime industry is looking to make some $$ right now then a re-make of a series that was proven to be popular and a good source of revenue is far from out of the question. Rurouni Kenshin was without a doubt one of the most popular and successful series from the 1990's, so it's possible. Far from certain, that's for sure, but possible nonetheless.

I, for one, would welcome such a re-work depending heavily on the voice casting.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 17:47   Link #87
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't see this as a problem. Sunrise just jumped right in to the Inuyasha Final Act arc, not worrying about the earlier episodes. If RK wanted to pick off immediately after the Kyoto arc (thus bypassing all the anime filler) I think the fans would be fine with it.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 19:28   Link #88
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Inuyasha had the benefit of only a few years between the end of its last series and the beginning of its Final Act presentation. It is still far fresher in peoples' minds and still generating revenue.

Rurouni Kenshin has been off the air for over a decade and there hasn't been anything new since the abomination that was Seisouhen.

Little bit more of a problem with context there if you ask me. Granted, fans of the series wouldn't care, those are the only people who would watch. If we are to ever get more RK animated I can all but guarantee whoever does it will want a larger audience than those few who remain as faithful fans of a 10+ year old manga/anime series.
Old 2010-01-05, 19:50   Link #89
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think you're underestimating how iconic a property Rurouni Kenshin is in Japan. Plus, you'd be guaranteed a licensing deal as its also hugely popular in Europe and the US.
Old 2010-01-06, 08:54   Link #90
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Even if you're right and the potential for revenue for it is that big, why would they want to limit things to just Jinchuu? If RK were that popular and that much of a guaranteed lucrative endeavor, then why not re-make the whole thing and also bring onboard a slew of new fans and generate a ton of new merchandise?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love more animated RK no matter what form it took. The series in both manga and anime is one of my personal all-time favorites. I'm just very skeptical of any animation studio right now undertaking a project that would, in essence, be not much more than a service to its die hard fans.

For what it's worth, I do hope you're right and I am underestimating the series' staying power. But then I can't help but think of so many other similar series that are similarly deserving of more animated content and likewise have big global fanbases yet have not seen any further animation. Twelve Kingdoms, Escaflowne and Berserk come to mind immediately, just to name a few.
Old 2010-01-09, 23:02   Link #91
Vicious108

Eh I'm not so sure they'd have to re-do the whole thing in order to animate Jinchu in a TV series form. Look at Hajime no Ippo, a new season aired this year seven years after the original. It's not as much as Kenshin, but it's still a long time.

And I don't see the problem in delivering it through an OVA series. Another classic fighting shounen even older than Kenshin, Saint Seiya, got 31 OVA episodes released thirteen years after the original series ended. That would certainly be enough to cover Jinchu.

Though I'd much prefer a TV series, since the wait for the OVAs would be far too painful.

And speaking of the voice casting for such a remake, I wonder if there's anyone worthy of replacing Hirotaka Suzuoki as Saito...
Old 2010-01-11, 16:32   Link #92
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
And speaking of the voice casting for such a remake, I wonder if there's anyone worthy of replacing Hirotaka Suzuoki as Saito...
Two words for you: Jouji Nakata

The real question is, could they get Mayo Suzukaze to be Kenshin once again? That might be a deal breaker for a lot of fans, myself included.
Old 2010-01-11, 17:51   Link #93
Vicious108

Jouji Nakata is a great seiyuu, but I'm not sure his voice would fit Saito very well. It's a bit too deep for him.

Personally I'd give it to to the less well known Ken Narita, since I've always thought his voice sounds very similar to Suzuoki's.

Oh, they'd definitely have to get Mayo Suzukaze to reprise her role. It just wouldn't be Kenshin without her.

And I don't think they'd have any trouble doing it, considering she voiced him again just four years ago for the PS2 game Rurouni Kenshin: Enjou! Kyoto Rinne. Which was even Suzuoki's last work as a seiyuu.
Old 2010-01-11, 18:06   Link #94
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I would gladly take an adaptation of the Jinchuu arc with any seiyuu, old or new, though of course it'd be vastly preferable to get the originals back as much as possible. Mayo Suzukaze gives one of the all-time great voice performances in this role, no doubt about it.
Old 2010-01-11, 18:44   Link #95
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Perhaps we should put it this way: Are there any characters we'd rather re-cast for their voices, and if so who would we like to see do them?

I will say I'd like to see a re-cast for Yahiko. Miina Tominaga seemed kind of weak for his role. I'd like to see Tetsuya Kakihara do him personally.

Also, first person to seriously suggest Hirano Aya loses, btw.
Old 2010-01-11, 19:00   Link #96
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Hmmm - I really didn't mind Miina Tominaga as Yahiko, actually. Yahiko really comes into his own in Jinchuu, too, so that's a pretty critical role. If you were going to recast it, I think I'd vote for Paku Romi.

As for who I'd like to see recast, that's a tough one. TBH I was pretty happy with all the original actors, at least as far as I remember. A few of the supporting cast (Yutaro comes to mind) didn't work for me, but in general I was more than pleased with all the mains.
Old 2010-01-11, 21:05   Link #97
Vicious108

Agreed that Yahiko's original seiyuu could've been better, but I'm not sure who I'd want to replace her, since I'm no good with seiyuu that are good at playing kids.

My main and pretty much only real problem with an otherwise outstanding cast was Kaoru's seiyuu. It's no surprise Kaoru is her only role in anime cause she's really not very good IMO. Terribly annoying voice and her "Kenshiiiiiiiin!" screams made my ears bleed.

Not sure who I'd give it to though, maybe Satsuki Yukino.
Old 2010-01-11, 21:53   Link #98
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
My main and pretty much only real problem with an otherwise outstanding cast was Kaoru's seiyuu. It's no surprise Kaoru is her only role in anime cause she's really not very good IMO. Terribly annoying voice and her "Kenshiiiiiiiin!" screams made my ears bleed.

Not sure who I'd give it to though, maybe Satsuki Yukino.
I'm trying not to say Kugimiya Rie, but Kaoru is just tsundere enough at the start for it to be a reasonable fit. I'll need to look up some other VA's I know who have enough of a range to do action, drama, comedy and romance well.
Old 2010-01-11, 22:17   Link #99
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

How about Haruka Tomatsu (Aoba in Cross Game, Nagi in Kannagi)? She's delivered some marvelous performances lately, and she's the right age.
Old 2010-01-22, 20:07   Link #100
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

started watching this show again form the kyoto arc. planning to watch a lot of older shows as this anime season is full of crap.

1. kenshin vs saito is still one of the 2 best anime sword fight i have seen.
2. saito is surprisingly a funny character i like how the managka bound all the seperate story thread into the kyoto arc.
3. probably a combination of both but after not watching it for a few years and the crap that has been shown in the last yr, RK looks even better then i remember.

Tags
action, historical, shounen