AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-22, 08:35   Link #4061
tsunade666

I think fianma's right hand or holy right is the one he meant that was used to seal the demon away and leads into a 1000 years of peace. Their is still no info about Imagine breaker aside that terra knows it but got killed by aqua and fianmma probably knows it too.
Old 2010-08-22, 08:44   Link #4062
Not Random
看著看著你來來去去

Would that mean Fiamma is at least 1000 years old? Terra said that Imagine Breaker existed before under a different name, so I assume that would mean that IB is at least as old as the sealing of Satan.
Old 2010-08-22, 08:45   Link #4063
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I think fianma's right hand or holy right is the one he meant that was used to seal the demon away and leads into a 1000 years of peace. Their is still no info about Imagine breaker aside that terra knows it but got killed by aqua and fianmma probably knows it too.
Could somebody whose read the novels confirm this? Everywhere I read says tha Fiamma stated that Imagine Breaker was the Holy Stone which is part of the reason he wants it.
Old 2010-08-22, 08:47   Link #4064
tsunade666

someone mentioned this in the light novel thread. At first I thought also that fianma said that it's about Imagine Breaker but someone clarified that the one he meant holy stone is his own holy right.
Old 2010-08-22, 09:08   Link #4065
Plant42

Quote:
someone mentioned this in the light novel thread. At first I thought also that fianma said that it's about Imagine Breaker but someone clarified that the one he meant holy stone is his own holy right.
Yes, I have been tried to post about this long time ago(about last month) but too lazy to do that.

It might be a misunderstanding cause by mistranslation, there aren't such thing like "Holy Stone" mentioned in the story.
I've skim through vol.16(Jap ver.) to check about this and found that what he's mentioned between his conversation with the pope is the 'Holy Right' not 'Holy Stone'(and this is the first time where the name of 'Holy Right' appear inthe story)

For that paragraph
「あらゆる奇跡の象徴たる『聖なる右』。どんな邪法だろうが悪法だろうが、問答無用で叩き潰し、悪魔の王を地獄の底へ縛り付け、一〇〇〇年の安息 を保障した右方の力。そいつを完璧に引き出せる『右腕』があるとしたら、その内部構造を知りたいとは思わな いのか?」

It is (Right) not (Stone).
Old 2010-08-22, 09:20   Link #4066
tsunade666

honestly I can't tell much the different. Aside that the horizontal bar is lower for right and it's in the top for stone..... maybe that's why theirs a misinterpretation but they are still all moon runes to me.
Old 2010-08-22, 10:23   Link #4067
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

^ Like you said the only difference is that the first stroke for the Kanii are in slightly higher positions, which would explain why someone mistook the Kanji for 'right' as 'stone'. Also, just for future referrence, the Kanji for Right (右) is pronounced 'Migi' while the Kanji for Stone (石) is pronounced 'Ishi'.
Old 2010-08-22, 10:37   Link #4068
tsunade666

what's holy then? _______ Migi = holy right of over hax fianmma vs a normal highschool student that always says "Fukou da"

I wonder when will he say that punch line again. I haven't encounter him saying that since he arrive in Russia.
Old 2010-08-22, 11:15   Link #4069
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

So the whole Holy Stone thing was a mistranslation all along? So then I wonder what Imagine Breaker is if it's something that existed before?

Also, a question, what exactly did Izzard think in Vol.2 when he created that dragon? Maybe that could give some insight into what IB is?

Spoiler for Vol.21:

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2010-08-22, 13:09   Link #4070
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

We were never shown his thoughts I think, he just thought Touma was a demon and that's what his arm became.
Old 2010-08-22, 17:11   Link #4071
oldmanpoo

So, from what I've gathered so far, Aiwass is technically not an "Angel" as Christians would view it, but something similar in a number of ways. Angels utilize Telesma, while Aiwass presumably (correct me if I'm wrong) uses some form of AIM-derived energy (or perhaps he/she created it herself, and that led to The Book of the Law, which is used possibly to promote AIM-based ESPer abilities in Academy City). Beyond those discrepancies, though, none of the other descriptions I've been able to read about Aiwass from the novels seem to indicate Aiwass is in any way ranked above Archangels, especially in terms of strength. It's very vague, actually, so we know few details.

Am I missing anything?
Old 2010-08-22, 21:33   Link #4072
tsunade666

Aiwass likes to play things

No not so far. His different from Christians angels which is been supported by the believers and Telesma based angels as for Aiwass he can be created by AIM but still we can't deny the fact that he can be both Telesma and AIM. Because Crowley did built the telesma occult thing and book of law is reveals info of it. With it's angelic language. But as of now Aiwass was manifested from AIM and AIM and Telesma contrast each other. So it's still questionable on how or who AIWASS! IS!!

vol 21. Styl is luckily still ALIVE.
Old 2010-08-23, 00:49   Link #4073
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Erm no, the book of law isn't written in angelic, it's just very well coded.

And Aleister's cult thingy is call 'thelema' not the telesma of the Angels that we know.
Old 2010-08-23, 09:22   Link #4074
Miraluka
Banned

Isn't explained if the book of laws is written in angelic or not, from a pointo of view thoso who doesn't know what angelic is will think is very well coded.
Old 2010-08-23, 10:25   Link #4075
tsunade666

but it's been explained I think that the book of law had the secrets of angels on it. I mean Crowley write it with the help of Aiwass. It sure to holds those forbidden spells and knowledge. And it being related to angels. We can just assume that it's written in angelic ways.

If Accelerator gets his hands on it. He probably can start to decipher it. He did start to understand the angelic language.

So it's thelema and not telesma. But it looks the same or almost the same so I thought its the same.

EDIT:delete my rant grrr
Old 2010-08-23, 17:24   Link #4076
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I think we can safely assume that the author's version of the book of law is similiar to the real life one, in that case with that exception of Aiwass, no other angels were mention.

Of course, depends if you consider Aiwass an angel or not, but that just going around in circles again.
Old 2010-08-23, 19:48   Link #4077
Miraluka
Banned

Just to rememeber:
Vol.19, Chapter 4 地獄へ誘う二つの怪物(can be translated as "The Two Monsters that Tempts People into Going to Hell") Dragon(≠Angel).
In that chapter Aiwass appears.
Old 2010-08-24, 17:14   Link #4078
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Volume 8 Chapter 4 Part 3 updated.
Old 2010-08-24, 17:23   Link #4079
Miraluka
Banned

Yeah, now the albino boy is so close to appear.
Old 2010-08-24, 21:27   Link #4080
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Replying to Tsunade's question here since it's off-topic in S2 thread:

Quote:
fifth rank? then what's the number of the rankings for now? in best selling novels? haruhi isn't really my favorite so I don't care much but I like full metal and shana.

the cast is just superb.
1) Slayers: 12 million sold in all (40 novels)
2) Majutsushi Orphan: 12 million sold in all (33 novels)
3) Record of Lodoss War: 10 million sold in all (22 novels)
4) Fortune Quest: 10 million sold in all (30 novels)
5) Toaru Majutsu no Index: 9 million sold in all (23 novels)
6) Full Metal Panic!: 8 million sold in all (20 novels)
7) Shakugan no Shana: 7.5 million sold in all (22 novels)
8) Kino no Tabi: 6.6 million sold in all (16 novels)
9) Suzumiya Haruhi Series: 6 million sold in all (9 novels)
10) Zero no Tsukaima: 4.3 million sold in all (21 novels)

So yeah, I can definitely see Index becoming #1 bestselling light novel in Japan in the next year or so.

Source here.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen