AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-15, 17:29   Link #41
Mr. Anon-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Wait, if some of you are claiming that Ichigo is just as, if not more, powerful than Aizen, then why can people sense Ichigo's spiritual force? By that logic, everyone else should not be able to sense Ichigo's power either...
Probably because Ichigo isn't in that state of power right now (I'll disregard the comparison with Aizen). In his fight with Ulq. he merely touched that "dimension/state of power" by becoming that form he is afraid of for a short time. In other words, just by tapping in that power (that he couldn't sustain like HogyHax Aizen now does.) Ichigo is aware of that power Aizen is in. Fear the Mullet and all that...
Now, IRC, Ishida, Hime and Ulq. didn't make any comments as to whether they sense anything from Ichigo vs Ulq as they were in a "WTF" state. Although I could be wrong.
Old 2010-12-15, 17:47   Link #42
Uchiha Soul

Quote:
Wait, if some of you are claiming that Ichigo is just as, if not more, powerful than Aizen, then why can people sense Ichigo's spiritual force? By that logic, everyone else should not be able to sense Ichigo's power either...
Exactly .. we cant say that Ichigo is as powerful as Aizen just because he sense his spiritual power, i mean its obvious that he is not, not even close. I cant come up with a theory now about why and how he did sense it but im sure its something related to his uniqueness, not because he is strong and dont forget that his entire life was planned by Aizen; im not gonna be surprised if destroying the cleaner to give Ichigo a chance to train was his plan too.

Let's just wait for the next ep, i feel it's gonna be a funny one
Old 2010-12-15, 17:49   Link #43
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Soul View Post
Exactly .. we cant say that Ichigo is as powerful as Aizen just because he sense his spiritual power, i mean its obvious that he is not, not even close. I cant come up with a theory now about why and how he did sense it but im sure its something related to his uniqueness, not because he is strong and dont forget that his entire life was planned by Aizen; im not gonna be surprised if destroying the cleaner to give Ichigo a chance to train was his plan too.

At the moment he wouldn't be and your right he isn't even close
Old 2010-12-15, 23:46   Link #44
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

So judging by everyones' responses, it seems like the only reason he can sense Aizen's butthax powers is because he has 'once' tapped into a super great power of absolute awesomness full of untapped [and uncontrolled] potential? (Yeah i know those aren't real words).

Seems like a pretty lame excuse, I wonder how Kubo is going to explain it, if he will ever.

So if this place they're in is sorta like the hyperbolic time chamber where it was described as being split from time and physical place or w/e, do the people within it still age? I'm assuming that's a yes? But essentially Ichigo can spend the next 10 years of his life training here and mastering his hollow form before waltzing out of there to sh*t on Aizen right?
Old 2010-12-15, 23:51   Link #45
sayde

Quote:
So if this place they're in is sorta like the hyperbolic time chamber where it was described as being split from time and physical place or w/e, do the people within it still age?
Yeah. But since Ichigo's living body is elsewhere, only his spirit would age.

Quote:
But essentially Ichigo can spend the next 10 years of his life training here and mastering his hollow form before waltzing out of there to sh*t on Aizen right?
In theory, yes. But we might learn of some limitations to the amount of time they can stay in there next episode.
Old 2010-12-16, 00:07   Link #46
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Yeah. But since Ichigo's living body is elsewhere, only his spirit would age.

In theory, yes. But we might learn of some limitations to the amount of time they can stay in there next episode.
Oh yeah...I forgot about the whole fact that his body is still lying in limbo in karakura town or w/e it's called :O. Good catch, I totally missed that, I would've said he does age simply because biologically your cells still age and die regardless of what time dimension you're in... (i think)

edit:
Btw I love your sig, I was thinking of doing the same until I got on here and saw that someone already beat me to it haha
Old 2010-12-16, 01:31   Link #47
sayde

Quote:
edit:
Btw I love your sig, I was thinking of doing the same until I got on here and saw that someone already beat me to it haha
You can use it if you want. I wanted to change my sig anyways.
Old 2010-12-16, 03:24   Link #48
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Soul View Post

I don't think the implication was ever that Ichigo is AS powerful as Aizen. Everyone has only ever talked about his potential, meaning that whatever power limit he does possess he hasn't reached it yet.

That being said, Kubo's point was pretty clear - Ichigo has far surpassed those who previously were way ahead of him in terms of power (his tutors - Urahara, Yoruichi and Isshin).

The fact that he CAN sense Aizen's current power level while the others can't feel it at all (since it is so far beyond their current levels) indicates that if Ichigo isn't at Aizen's level, he's close enough to understand how outmatched they are.

That's why he remains their "only hope" (Unohana's words) of defeating Aizen. He'll get there in time, through some hax power up no doubt
Old 2010-12-16, 07:40   Link #49
ronin myael
lost ronin

aahhhh...the drama continues...too bad urahara failed to make a dent on aizen's invincible "armor". why does aizen have to be so goddamn indestructible? and for what? so ichigo's victory against him would become more epic? i kind of wish that some of the other guys could chip in as well. ichigo doesn't have to carry all the burden. stupid kubo!
Old 2010-12-17, 08:42   Link #50
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
So judging by everyones' responses, it seems like the only reason he can sense Aizen's butthax powers is because he has 'once' tapped into a super great power of absolute awesomness full of untapped [and uncontrolled] potential? (Yeah i know those aren't real words).

Seems like a pretty lame excuse, I wonder how Kubo is going to explain it, if he will ever.

So if this place they're in is sorta like the hyperbolic time chamber where it was described as being split from time and physical place or w/e, do the people within it still age? I'm assuming that's a yes? But essentially Ichigo can spend the next 10 years of his life training here and mastering his hollow form before waltzing out of there to sh*t on Aizen right?
Yes, but i think Ichigo will not train his hollow form, since Ishin told Ichigo that they will put the focus on perfectionizing Ichigo's Zanpaktou. Ishin has no mask [from all we know so far], so he would not know how to train that part either. Maybe his attack will become more powerfull, though i doubt this will be the only thing that they will train because Ichigo needs something serious to even get near Aizen's power.

Maybe some other transformation of the Zanpaktou, maybe im just beeing silly now
Old 2010-12-17, 08:55   Link #51
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I'm not talking about this episode, Ichigo is lame in his construction (Kubo's failure) as a shounen hero.

I follow the manga, so i'm speaking about everything, not only this episode. If he saw Urahara, Yoruichi and Isshin defeated by Ai-chan, that doesn't mean anything, then he is mindf*cked by Gin's words and he does nothing, he is fighting there without realizing that his sisters and friends are in danger?... so... what the hell Kubo?... i posted this when i read these chapters and i repeat it again.

About Gin's words and Isshin's training, i will save it for the next episodes...

Luckily i don't read/watch Bleach for Ichigo... Gin took the words from my mouth.

i thought that ichigo's reaction was realistic. if you were placed in a situation that you think is hopeless, when the people you think stronger than you are defeated, would you still have the courage to fight? i think not. unlike naruto who never seems to run out of positiveness, ichigo does get depressed, he worries, he gets scared to the point that he's pissing on his pants. i don't call that cowardice, that's how people react when they are pushed to their limits. but ichigo does snap out of it when somebody knocks some sense into him, something that we can relate to as well when our friends or loved ones remind us of what is truly important.

one of the things that pisses me off with most shounen heroes is their seeming fearlessness. most people are not fearless, we do get scared, we get discouraged, we lose faith in ourselves and in other people sometimes. are you fearless? are you so positive all the time that even when you're up against a monstrous enemy you won't cower in fear and still believe that you would win? that's what i like about ichigo you know. he's not like most shounen heroes. except for his lack of interest in girls, i'd say he's one of the most realistic shounen characters in terms of personality.
Old 2010-12-17, 11:58   Link #52
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i thought that ichigo's reaction was realistic. if you were placed in a situation that you think is hopeless, when the people you think stronger than you are defeated, would you still have the courage to fight? i think not.
The problem here is that Bleach is FICTION... so reality doesn't really matters.

But... even that is pointless, because Ichigo is a character with no background, he is a boy who isn't interested in nothing at all... what are Ichigo's motivations in life?, NONE. To the point that even in the manga Kubo wrote about it (i'll save it for later though).

What is Ichigo?
A boy with a secret past, even he doesn't know it.
A boy with certain power and the one and only Getsuga Tenshou.
And that's all.

I'm not talking about how "real" is Ichigo, i'm just talking about how BORING AS HELL he is.

Luckily, Bleach offers more characters and (some) plot that still i like.
Old 2010-12-17, 12:53   Link #53
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
The problem here is that Bleach is FICTION... so reality doesn't really matters.

But... even that is pointless, because Ichigo is a character with no background, he is a boy who isn't interested in nothing at all... what are Ichigo's motivations in life?, NONE. To the point that even in the manga Kubo wrote about it (i'll save it for later though).

What is Ichigo?
A boy with a secret past, even he doesn't know it.
A boy with certain power and the one and only Getsuga Tenshou.
And that's all.

I'm not talking about how "real" is Ichigo, i'm just talking about how BORING AS HELL he is.

Luckily, Bleach offers more characters and (some) plot that still i like.
yes, it is fiction but there are several fictional stories that use reality as basis. so why can't kubo create a "realistic" personality for his character? to you he's boring, but to others he's not. other people actually think he's cool. and if you've watched japanese dramas or read japanese novels you'll see that dark, indifferent and brooding characters like ichigo are quite common.

do you know why most manga/anime characters are 15-year-olds? it's because in japanese culture 15 is a landmark age, it's when kids stop being kids and take the next step into adulthood. at 15 they enter high school and by the time they graduate, most of them find jobs and live on their own. so when you encounter a 15-year-old character in a manga, novel, movie, etc. that might seem too mature for you, remember that the writers don't really think of them as kids anymore even though technically they are. there's symbolism behind it. it's a culture thing. probably why ichigo doesn't act like most normal teenage boys. same reason why zangetsu's material form is an old dude in black with rockstar hair and shades. ichigo's soul looks like that, that's just his personality.

what are ichigo's motivations? his family of course. what drives him is his desire to protect his loved ones. he has always blamed himself for his mother's death and wished that he was strong enough to stop it. really? he doesn't have any interests at all? if i'm not mistaken he's into rock music. he called sado chad because it sounded cool, it reminded him of chad smith, the drummer of red hot chili peppers. that seems like an interest, don't you think? the reason why he only knows getsuga tensho is simply because he never had time to train. he only trained for 10 days under urahara, he achieved bankai in 3 days, learned to harness his inner hollow in about a month, what do you expect? naruto trained longer than that. hell, he had at least 3 years when he trained under jiraiya!

don't get me wrong though, i'm not defending kubo in any way. i think he has turned his manga into pure crap over the years. but i do think that his concept of bleach is interesting at the very least. and he at least created some pretty cool characters, and that includes ichigo. but that's just me. it's just too bad that bleach had to come to this. it had so much potential at the beginning.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-12-17 at 14:48. Reason: do not spoil other series in the Bleach thread...
Old 2010-12-17, 14:40   Link #54
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

^Oy Ronin, i'd edit your post bro, thanks for spoiling a naruto fact in a BLEACH forum. Gah!!!
Old 2010-12-17, 17:11   Link #55
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

I doubt this weeks episode will top last weeks. I mean, Yoruichi's entrance just made my evening last week, and I doubt they can one up her sexiness this week.

I'll watch regardless :P
Old 2010-12-17, 22:30   Link #56
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
^Oy Ronin, i'd edit your post bro, thanks for spoiling a naruto fact in a BLEACH forum. Gah!!!
i did? which part? as far as i know that was already revealed in the anime several episodes ago. if did then i apologize for that.
Old 2010-12-18, 21:07   Link #57
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Hmm, so if I just peel the skin off of the tasty yet rottening banana that is Bleach, the point of this episode was to create an even more beautiful, fabulous, demonically-angelic version of Aizen for guys to fap to and gals to fingerbang to?
Old 2010-12-18, 21:26   Link #58
secretzfan
*Fansubber

This Aizen form was merely fan service I knew that when I saw my sister fall in love with Aizen totally differently
Old 2010-12-19, 11:52   Link #59
Kookee2k2
OBJECTION!

call her momo and stop it with the Aizen luv
Old 2010-12-19, 21:34   Link #60
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Momo come up here a cry to Aizen