AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-24, 11:33   Link #1021
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
While confusing, I still enjoyed the ending, strange as it may be. It's weird that we'll never know who Msyu is, which leaves a pretty big hole in the series imo.
Old 2011-06-24, 11:39   Link #1022
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
We don't even know from the ending we saw. We can only assume that she will be alright since the economy is spared. She looked pretty depressed after doing her internship at a local kids school. I think the viewer is supposed to assume that she couldn't get any jobs after doing the internship and she became a depressed shut-in of a NEET. It's just too bad they couldn't flesh out the explanation better.
That makes perfect sense. I was confused about her since they made it look like she really went crazy; the bad kind of crazy.

I thought she might have disappeared since the (temporary) erasure of the Financial district and the midas money from existence might have changed a lot of things. However, since everyone else, including people that previously died/disappeared are fine, I guess she's alright as well. I suppose I'm just trying to find cracks in that overly happy ending which I'm having a hard time disgesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpax View Post
So let's look at this scene:
Spoiler for Hanabi = MSYU?:

Doesn't she reminds you so much MSYU? I get the feeling, at least for me, Hanabi was Kimimaro's future. The fact that the little boy didn't see Kimimaro in the end of episode means that we can assume Kimimaro is currently and totally invisible to present world. Moreover Hanabi was enjoying her time working with the kids in the park and when she passed by Kimimaro and yeah when she walked along Kimimaro, he was about the shout "Hanab-" but he didn't. So this clearly shows that (at least to me), and he is aware of that his future is now safe . She was right before his eyes and the idea of she is doing alright makes Kimimaro feel at ease. So that's why he said that at the very last minute of ending "I should have smiled, to the future" while looking at the picture that he holds. Because in the past he had worry-fart personality and didn't even get the chance to smile because of his troubles. But after the battle in FD, now everything turned out to be alright and there is no need to worry about his future since its in good hands even though his present taken as collateral and now invisible. In short I totally reject the idea that MSYU is his daughter but Hanabi who he cares, worries a lot and loves her. As for Q being Mikuni’s sister, well, let’s just say it wasn’t a surprise because of the circumstances he went through in the past. Lastly I agree that the ending could be different rather than concluding with bittersweet ending. Because it leaves a bit bad taste in the mouth.
As was already said above, the woman in the park wasn't Hanabi, it was only somebody who looked like her. What we saw was Kimimaro's imagination. If you go back a few moments earlier, before Kimimaro noticed her, you'll see this woman clearly isn't Hanabi. Furthermore, Masakaki referred to the woman Kimimaro saw as "someone who ressembles the woman you loved".

As for her likeness to Msyu, I don't really say it, but it doesn't really matter anyway. An asset doesn't always (and in most cases, don't, otherwise it'd be disturbing considering the appearances of most assets) look like the person you hold most dear. Need I remind you Msyu was the splitting image of the asset of Kimimaro's father? How do you explain that if Msyu is supposed to look like Hanabi?

The anime very much hinted at Msyu being Kimimaro's daughter, and if the official website even confirms it, I see no reason to doubt it.
Old 2011-06-24, 11:45   Link #1023
Forsaken_Infinity

Arrghhhhhhhhhh..... what the hell just happened????

Oh well, despite all the freaking confusion yada yada, the ending satisfies me for the LAST LINE ALONE. That was probably the best way to end this confusing series that was all over the place. They needed at least twice as many episodes as they got to bring this one home properly imho.

But well, all's done and I can't say I didn't enjoy it. I will give it 7 out of 10 for being innovative despite all the risks associated and for having some really awesome concepts. It's a surprise that this even got made so I guess I can't be complaining too much about the lack of episodes yada yada.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 11:47   Link #1024
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Is there another instance of himself running around? How is his future safe if he's invisible?
For instance when Mikuni used dark card in order to preserve present day and people that lives in the current time as a result Midas Bank used the future of Japan as collateral. So people began to disappear from present world because there is no tomorrow for them. As for Kimimaro's case; he defended if there is no tomorrow without possibilities then there is no use to live in current world so he wished future back and after he returned everyhing normal, as a result of using dark card, he had to lost something great from his life as collateral. So even though he reverted back everything normal and left future with endless possiblities to current generation, Midas Bank take his existance as collateral from present world now he is invisible to everyone. I think it's pretty plausible collateral that he had to paid off in exchange of better future for Japan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As was already said above, the woman in the park wasn't Hanabi, it was only somebody who looked like her. What we saw was Kimimaro's imagination. If you go back a few moments earlier, before Kimimaro noticed her, you'll see this woman clearly isn't Hanabi. Furthermore, Masakaki referred to the woman Kimimaro saw as "someone who ressembles the woman you loved".

As for her likeness to Msyu, I don't really say it, but it doesn't really matter anyway. An asset doesn't always (and in most cases, don't, otherwise it'd be disturbing considering the appearances of most assets) look like the person you hold most dear. Need I remind you Msyu was the splitting image of the asset of Kimimaro's father? How do you explain that if Msyu is supposed to look like Hanabi?

The anime very much hinted at Msyu being Kimimaro's daughter, and if the official website even confirms it, I see no reason to doubt it.
Who looked like her? But she even has exact same mole under her eye. She was also together with children and children called them as teacher. That's some resemblance they share in common. I also like to mention that she is not living in the same house she used live before so I still think that that girl was Hanabi or anyways it's also just my imagination.

That's right anime really hinted at Msyu being Kimimaro's daughter in the previous episodes where Kimimaro saw some flashback that he is being in the hospital and holding the baby's hand with his finger. But at this point what intrigues most is that if she is Kimimaro's daughter why did she gave him kiss on the lips. That's what bothers me bost to tell you truth. And I also question that why Kimimaro's and his fathers assets looks so much a like? What his father tried to protect most? Which person he cared most in this world? If he cared Kimimaro then why his assets outer appearance doesn't spitting the image of Kimimaro? Well he looks like a bit girl so I don't know what to say lol. Lastly I just stated what I concluded from watching these moments at the end of episode. So if offical website even confirms it, then yeah there is no doubt she is his daughter but this situation leaves more questions on my mind.

Last edited by Qpax; 2011-06-24 at 12:06.
Qpax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 11:56   Link #1025
hamstar
just passing by

Masakaki said it was the future kimi preserved. It could very well be that the whole epilogue sequence was a dream. Notice that before the epilogue Kimi is on his bed laying down when he is visited by the gawd of the FD. The whole wandering through future Japan is just an extension to the dream he is having. This explains why he doesn't go noticed by anyone. It also explains how the currency has swapped over to USD overnight (which is seemingly impossible). It actually all makes sense if you interpret the crappy epilogue as a dream of future things to come. Terrible epilogue is still terrible though.
Old 2011-06-24, 11:59   Link #1026
ipodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
This ending was so memorably I couldn't resist the urge to blog about it. Folks can read it here and comment there or here if they so choose. I can't believe this show was what finally got me to summon up the desire to blog about something again, but here we are.
In Paragraph 4, it should read a mediocre "fare," not "fair."

I think the blog entry sums up the series, particularly its ending, nicely.
ipodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 12:18   Link #1027
hamstar
just passing by

I think we are being a bit hard on the show. I think most of us would be hard pressed to resist watching the final episode after seeing a great episode #10. Must of re-watched that one 4 times and was patiently waiting for the 11th.
Old 2011-06-24, 12:51   Link #1028
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
That's right anime really hinted at Msyu being Kimimaro's daughter in the previous episodes where Kimimaro saw some flashback that he is being in the hospital and holding the baby's hand with his finger. But at this point what intrigues most is that if she is Kimimaro's daughter why did she gave him kiss on the lips. That's what bothers me bost to tell you truth.
Because she's merely a representation of his future, not necessarily his future daughter in the flesh. Takako/Q seems to be a case where Takako, an already existing person, somehow literally became an Asset capable of acting independent of her Entre at times (based on Jennifer's reaction in ep 10) for reasons only Kenji Nakamura would know. So Msyu the Asset who wants Kimimaro's lips is just a girl who happens to look like his tentative offspring.
Quote:
And I also question that why Kimimaro's and his fathers assets looks so much a like? What his father tried to protect most? Which person he cared most in this world? If he cared Kimimaro then why his assets outer appearance doesn't spitting the image of Kimimaro?
Again, just because someone has a person they care about doesn't mean their Asset will take their appearance. If that were the case I'd shudder to imagine who Sennoza's important person was to end up looking like that in Asset form . Kimimaro's father's Asset looking like Msyu could have represented the exact/similar future Msyu meant to Kimimaro. A father having an Asset that resembles his future granddaughter sounds reasonable. It still means that he was fighting for Kimimaro's future... or maybe he just wanted grandkids that badly.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 12:59   Link #1029
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Good kind of WTF: Evagelion (original series), you can actually have discussion on the plot

Bad kind of WTF: This, utterly makes no sense at all
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 12:59   Link #1030
Sumeragi
Banned

No one has anything to say about "creative destruction"?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 13:32   Link #1031
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
It's weird...I still feel like I'm one of the only ones that saw this kind of ending coming a mile away. In any case I definitely don't feel the kind of disappointment a lot of others seem to feel because I didn't really have any expectations at all and haven't since about the time the whole financial collapse plotline just sort of...happened out of the blue.

The show had been hovering between a 2/10 and 3/10 on my ol' anime list for the past 5 episodes I would say and never managed to exceed 6/10 at even the series highest point (which I will argue were the individual story lines that showed how losing duels affected people around Yoga) so this episode is just what I'd call keeping with an already set standard. It was really a wholly appropriate way to end the show if you ask me.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 14:17   Link #1032
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

I enjoyed this episode but i feel really stupid because i have no idea what in the world just happened but despite that it was enjoyable
Old 2011-06-24, 15:16   Link #1033
tsunade666

I enjoyed the fight and it looks like good ending when he bought the future back but mashu was gone and so as the financial district or so it seems but it isn't and if Q is Takako. The little sister of Mikuni then Mashu should be Hanabi but the pierot of financial district said she isn't Mashu.

It's good ending if its less confusing. Either way I enjoyed the show.
Old 2011-06-24, 17:26   Link #1034
maplehurry

Can someone confirm who's the family that came out of the house at the end? The nameplate of the house is not subbed so I am not sure. My guess is it's the prof's family since that would be the only thing that makes sense of the whole scene.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 17:51   Link #1035
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
Can someone confirm who's the family that came out of the house at the end? The nameplate of the house is not subbed so I am not sure. My guess is it's the prof's family since that would be the only thing that makes sense of the whole scene.
It probably wasn't subbed because there are several ways to romanise the name - Nagata / Osada / Ozada etc etc...

The professor's name was Ehara (江原) though, IIRC...

(And that was Hanabi's house before Kimimaro 'reclaimed' this particular 'future')

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 18:13   Link #1036
hamstar
just passing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
It probably wasn't subbed because there are several ways to romanise the name - Nagata / Osada / Ozada etc etc...

The professor's name was Ehara (江原) though, IIRC...

(And that was Hanabi's house before Kimimaro 'reclaimed' this particular 'future')
This confirms my theory that what Kimi saw at the end was a dream of the future to come. Either that or Kimi is physically transported to future Japan. Where else did that kid come from? The toddler must of been 5 years old, this shows that considerable time has passed by since 'C' passed through Japan. Hanabi probably moved out after college and is living independently now (or maybe still in the same room living as a depressed NEET lol).
Old 2011-06-24, 18:25   Link #1037
Bri

Facinating last episode. For the first time the anime showed that there is at least one person in their staff with some notion of economic theory.

For those without a background in economics, a global idea of what happened. As not everything is made clear in the last 2 episodes:

Yen loses all value due to near instant hyper-inflation. Yen convertability is suspended on short notice so people and companies can't resort to capital flight. As the currency has lost all value, all debt and savings are wiped out.

Assuming those savings are not restored when dollar is implemented as new currency. The result is that the Japanse government gets rid of the whole national debt (most of which is held by domestic investors) at the expense of the Japanese household and corporate savings.

Japanese banking sector is now cleaned of all bad debt as their balances are zero. Reboot of the banking sector ends the credit crunch.

Pegging the new coin to the dollar (actually it is the dollar) can and probably will off-set deflationay expectations.

(These are the two main causes for the debt deflation spiral that resulted in Japans sluggish economic performance for the last two decades).

Essentially there has been an enormous intergenerational transfer. The elderly lose their pensions and the households all their financial assets(which hurts the rich and rewards those in debt). The most valuable assets people have left are their remaining productive years and their children. Hence the all the children shown at the end as birthrates explode (no pension savings means people have to rely on their kids and grandkids again to help them in old age).

It's an interesting (albeit very cruel and risky) theoretical scenario. It's hard to pull off in the real world given the panic it would cause on the worlds financial markets. Although this scenario has happened, to some extent, in post-WWII Europe where some countries implemented new currencies to undo unfair profiteering from the war and collaboration.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 19:28   Link #1038
Peanutbutter

Seems like the official site has some info that was not shown.

Can anyone share them here?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 20:09   Link #1039
Dextro
He Without a Title

This show had so much untapped potential due to the restrictive 11 episode format. Just another 2 episodes would probably be enough to give us a little more closure than what we got but sadly NoitaminA is like this and clearly someone had to beg a lot to even get this green-lit (how else would you explain what appears to be an embracingly low budget).

Anyway I'm wondering: are there any related works to [C] planned? Manga? Novels? Short Stories? Anything?
Old 2011-06-24, 20:13   Link #1040
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Having thought about the ending a bit more, I wonder if the creators were trying to raise questions along the lines of Critical Theory. We all take the current economic system for granted, but it hasn't also had the form it has today. Can we truly say that this is the best system? The only system that works - or at least, that will work once we get it right? Can we truly get it right, or will the someone always screw it up by using the system in the wrong way?

Critical theorists would emphatically say "NO", and seek to overturn the entire system and establish a new one. In terms of this, 「C」's ending seems to suggest that 'actually, the current system can never be completely overturned, though it can be changed'.

=====

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
This confirms my theory that what Kimi saw at the end was a dream of the future to come. Either that or Kimi is physically transported to future Japan.
Another way to look at it is that this is the present leading to one of the possible futures that Masakaki was talking about at ~22:20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
For the first time the anime showed that there is at least one person in their staff with some notion of economic theory.
You do realise that they weren't actually trying to make an anime that accurately represented economic theory, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Seems like the official site has some info that was not shown.

Can anyone share them here?
A LOT of info actually. I did translate a tiny bit (see link above); will see about the rest when I have time - though if anyone else want to share, feel free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Anyway I'm wondering: are there any related works to [C] planned? Manga? Novels? Short Stories? Anything?
Not that I know of. Though I haven't exactly checked all that carefully...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-06-25 at 04:56.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, finance, noitamina