AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi... - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 7 11.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 26.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 37.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 18.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-11, 08:56   Link #21
Sides

^^ Rika kissing the mic was hilarious.
Flashback gave us more info regarding Yozora and Kodaka's past.
The duet between Sena and Yozora, in separate rooms, was nicely done, but the recycling of scenes and visual inconstancy of some of the characters gave me the impression that they had to scale back the production costs.
Overall good episode.
Old 2011-11-11, 09:21   Link #22
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

okay! I'll just need to wait for character song.... lol

never expect a karaoke scene can be this good (I read the manga and find out it's boring but the anime just done it lots better)
too bad... I want Kobato to sing too....

love Yozora and Sena's face when they find out they're going to sing alone... lol
and of course Yozora's jealous face in the end is the best....
C'mon Kodaka!! try harder to remember your childhood friend... lol
and also Yozora's bullying is getting worse... poor Sena... xD

Spoiler for quiz:
Old 2011-11-11, 09:22   Link #23
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It was another funny episode but I'm starting to get annoyed at Yozora bullying Senna like that. I don't mind when Senna is talking back and holding her own but it's irritating when Yozora just brutally humiliates her. It's just not funny.
Old 2011-11-11, 09:33   Link #24
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It was another funny episode but I'm starting to get annoyed at Yozora bullying Senna like that. I don't mind when Senna is talking back and holding her own but it's irritating when Yozora just brutally humiliates her. It's just not funny.
Agreed. That's why Kodaka should tell her to shut up.
Old 2011-11-11, 10:09   Link #25
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Kobato!!! OMG! my saccharine levels hit red... so cute sleeping peacefully on her brother's back despite the constant bitch-fighting around her

That aside from obsessing over kindergarden math, and sleeping on her brother's side... I need a BD-extra Sleeping with Kobato and Kana-chan occasionally delivering irresistibly incomprehensible sleep-talking (border-line stoner) line

But, unfortunately, that was the almost only good part of the episode, the storytelling dragged a lot, if not being all over the place in this episode. Up until now introducing characters gave to the episodes a focus, and I should have guessed based on the previous one, that moving away from that formula would give the writers a lot of problems to deliver 2-3 chapters per episode. Also Rika's mic kiss finish, and Yukimura's blushing being featured in the preview, lost their impact in the actual episode, though the "I might become a masochist, if talk to me with that voice" was quite a good line... thumb up to Rika > Yomi-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Agreed. That's why Kodaka should tell her to shut up.
Komuro had a more radical solution

Spoiler for bitching problem solved:

Last edited by Malkuth; 2011-11-11 at 10:21.
Old 2011-11-11, 10:26   Link #26
ion475
にこにこにー

Not a bad episode. Can't give a 10 just b/c according to preview, we're already moving to Vol. 3...

At least for once the Yozora-Sena bickering is actually funny. Rika is Rika and need to appear MUCH more, Kobato still doesn't appear enough, Yukimura is Yukimura as usual, aka nothing outstanding.

Still doesn't change the fact that they'll skip half of Vol. 2...I guess they want to move all the way to Vol. 4 with 12 episodes (Don't see why, though, especially when end of Vol. 3/beginning of Vol. 4 is the turning point...)
Old 2011-11-11, 10:55   Link #27
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

@Yozora's usual insults:

Back to the episode: Kobato is so dang adorable which made it alone worth to watch the episode. Her grabbing, asleep, lightly the shirt of her Onii-chan at the beginning was cute . Poor Rika when Kodaka didn't get the hint of a duo karaoke trip (although it might be healthier for him on how it turned out). As a great anti-fan of mathematics I didn't find the the riddled arrival times funny despite how much of basic maths it is and Kobato seemed to agree on this idea. The karaoke competition between Sena and Yozora was the only point where I could actually see that something friend-ish is between them, too bad Yozora had to ruin it again on the open street (see picture above).
Sena's "Whether Kodaka visits my house or visits my father, it has nothing to do with you, Yozora" totally owned Yozora at the end.
The small reminiscence of both about Kodaka during their karaoke scenes was quite good.
Old 2011-11-11, 11:19   Link #28
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Not so much in the comedy department, unless you are sociopathic to laugh at Sena and Yozora finding themselves alone in their own karaoke booths after their little plan backfired.

But it is much more important when you realize that, touch by touch, the episode shows you how Kodaka is far from being the weakest link of the group and is important to both Sena and Yozora. While Yozora started the club, it is Kodaka who by his presence and actions in past weeks helped to stick the group together. Without him, it is quite clear that Yozora and Sena would have quite the mother of all clashes and made the club implode.
Old 2011-11-11, 11:36   Link #29
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Ah Sena...always 1 upping your opponent in the end. The duet was beautiful though if unintentional...

I wonder how Rika even functions as a normal person...no wait, she doesn't and thus owns everything else

Quote:
kindergarden math
She's not that young you know....she needs coaching from Rika would be...interesting
Old 2011-11-11, 11:59   Link #30
Malkuth
Banned

^ I know that Kobato is almost legal, but I can not treat any of Kana's characters more than pet-intelligent, therefore cute

Plus, Kobato, along with Nanako and Aoi this season keep reminding me how much I miss my cat instead of my last girlfriend
Old 2011-11-11, 12:35   Link #31
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
due to several skipped chapters, Yozora's bullying in the anime can be considered as already toned down. the funny thing is that she mentioned 'acting' as one of their activities before Rika joined, though none of those were adapted into the anime .

that aside, pretty well adapted episode I'd say, because of the insert song scenes for Yozora & Sena, it fleshes things out better.
Old 2011-11-11, 13:19   Link #32
KLGChaos
The Shermain

This is definitely my favorite anime of the season.

Yozora is still unlikable, though. She goes way too far with her tormenting of people-- to the point of where it's just not funny. Surprised to hear Kodaka singing. Usually, it's all about the girls singing in these types of shows. I thought the montage with Yozora and Sena singing a "duet" in separate rooms was cool.

Best part of the episode, though, was when Sena got her revenge on Yozora by saying her father wanted to meet with Kodaka and said it was a secret to make Yozora jealous. It spoke volumes at the end how everyone started moving on, but Yozora was sort of left there by herself. Kodoka may thank her for starting the club, but at the end of the day, she's still the one who's going to be the loneliest because of the way she is.
Old 2011-11-11, 13:40   Link #33
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Meh, still like Yozora..and everyone else. :3

Wow, can't believe they jumped to the karaoke ep already. It was pretty enjoyable too.
Old 2011-11-11, 13:44   Link #34
Malkuth
Banned

^ Ah! you meat-lovers, Yozora just tries to do everything by the/her book, while Sena, like any privileged bends rules (i.e, lies/manipulates/distorts truth) to her advantage... poor Yozoras out there

EDIT: Poor, but still deserves the Rei-bitch-slap
Old 2011-11-11, 14:35   Link #35
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I like the contrast between Team Kodaka and Yozora/Sena. He caught them off guard when he decided to pay for the remaining people. Nice comeback by Sena, though. I was expecting Yozora to butt in and demand he'd stay at her house as well (though I wouldn't be surprised if it would actually come to that later on).

At least he managed to get along better with Rika and Yukimura than it seems with Yozora and Sena.

Too bad Kobato didn't get screen time singing, though somehow, I suspect she's not all that good at it.
Old 2011-11-11, 15:15   Link #36
AzureWrath

Has there been any great HanaKana songs?
Old 2011-11-11, 15:25   Link #37
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

My oh my, the irony.

Yozora Mikazuki and Sena Kashiwazaki, the first two members to actually take the club seriously, are doing the exact opposite to what their trying to achieve. Their not making friends, but rather rivals. When I saw both of them in their seperate booths alone, I really felt sorry for them when they heard Kodaka Hasegawa sing. I guess it was the facial expressions and the obvious fact that they had ended up alone, when it was those two themselves that brought up and organised the idea...I can't help but feel that these two are what's going to cause the serious drama in future episodes. The others like Kodaka and Rika etc are getting along fine, and Yozora Mikazuki and Sena Kashiwazaki are getting in the way. The two that wanted friends the most are the ones who are still being left out by their own actions.

I wont be surprised if Kodaka finally confronts them both or if the other members of the club complain, because episode 6 certainly showed that they really can be friends if they take it seriously. Surprisingly, Kodaka had a good singing voice :P Rika's actions with the mic was...unsettling XD and I just love Kodaka's younger sister with her cosplay and acting
Old 2011-11-11, 15:55   Link #38
Silverwyrm

As a novel reader this episode was pleasing, rather than just cutting stuff (which they did less of but not the point) they added some original parts that better streamlined it for the time spent, or perhaps even improved on the original a bit.
Old 2011-11-11, 17:07   Link #39
Malkuth
Banned

Sena/Yozora take the club seriously... or just want to get under Kodaka's pants
Old 2011-11-11, 17:14   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath View Post
Has there been any great HanaKana songs?
Only the best song of all time, Renai circulation.

Se~no!