AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-28, 09:52   Link #7721
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
That depends on how the timeline would react to something like that. Personally, I doubt that Aisha's tunnel can transport to the present era, someone that "originally" wasn't meant to exist in that time.

After all, it would be a quite huge change in the world's history.

In other words, I don't think that something like that is going to happen.
Well the thing about Uldin, is that he isn't known for much in history. I only get vague information of him on the internet. So it could be possible, it would be interesting.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 10:03   Link #7722
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Uldin *IS* Attila (if Erica's suspicions are correct regarding the connection of Tyr's sword).

Besides, the title "Attila" simply means "universal ruler" in Turkic language.

Furthermore, the sudden death of Attila the Hun (in 453 CE) could be explained as the King of the End's doing.
By the way zzhk-san, thanks a lot for all the hard work you have done for this series and all the others. I love mythology so this series is my favorite, also love how all the Kings, so I apriciate you taking the time to translate it so everyone can enjoy it.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 10:25   Link #7723
Gore17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Makes me curious how mankind dealt with gods between the purge around 1100 and Bobby's becoming a godslayer. ~600 years without a single campione sounds tough, even if we assume that the rate at which Godou runs into gods is abnormally high.
Who says no god-slayers were born? Being a Campione is a dangerous life, they probably all died.
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 10:36   Link #7724
kazzuya13

It just occurred to me that Ruska is the "1st wife" while Clotilde is the "4th wife" meaning Uldin And Godou brought their 1st and 4th wives respectively. Erica and Ena would have a huge advantage against Yuri and Lily because they have stuck in the past for than week already and neither Yuri nor Lily has that much alone time with Godou and furthermore because of the time difference they won't have a clue.

It would have been interesting if there is no time difference because it would make a pretty good set-up cause cause for example Godou have been out for over a month (my estimation before they go back to the present with "no time difference"). It would definitely be hell when he returns home and face the wrath of Shizuka saying you have been gone with four girls(I think that Lily and Yuri won't return to japan unless they brought back Godou) for over a month you are worst than grandpa and grandma is definitely in tears looking at you.
Old 2013-06-28, 12:17   Link #7725
thunder123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi judging by the context. If the "gifts" were considered he would have 4 distinct powers instead of 3. Both gifts at this point revolve around the same ability. Which is the dark star thing, aka the "third authority" from the quote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Circe's gift is part of the third, so the second is probably Ama no Murakumo. Which was explicitly stated to not be a proper authority. Whatever. (I hope I didn't make this up on my own. again.)

What interests me more is the usefulness of Circe's gift. It's described as a grimoire, a "guidebook to using goddesses' powers". When Godou used a grimoire in V8, funny things happened. So I wonder... will funny stuff happen with this gift, too, when Godou isn't also using the Goat or the Warrior incarnations?
Quote:
Ama no Marukmo no Tsurugi can be considered as Godou's second authority, it has been mentioned that Circe's gift alone is not considered strong enough to be called an authority,
Thx for the answers but I feel a little disappointed I hope the author just state it is a gift next time (if there is a next time) instead of writing misleading things such as "feel a great weigh on the back"
thunder123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 13:22   Link #7726
kazzuya13

I just read chapter 7 of volume 14 however there is nothing written about Uldin being strong by the [sword] so it is still possible for him to use his [Bow] authority.

Even though Godou was heavily injured why didn't he use the [Camel] authority. It is possible he could have less damage when he crash landed if he were to use it. And beat Uldin.
Old 2013-06-28, 13:27   Link #7727
Raziel07

The injuries werent that severe, an arrow to the shoulder and another to the leg, nothing that gruesome, what was nailing him was the poison
Raziel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 13:29   Link #7728
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post

Even though Godou was heavily injured why didn't he use the [Camel] authority. It is possible he could have less damage when he crash landed if he were to use it. And beat Uldin.
Godou was also poisoned, due to Uldin's arrows and there is nothing suggesting that the [Camel] would be capable of purifying it.

So, even if Godou has used it ... there is a possibility that it wouldn't change anything about the outcome of this fight - since, even if he would manage to survive the crush landing, the poison might have spread enough, so that Godou wouldn't be capable of continuing to fight.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 21:08   Link #7729
rickiminato

what is the Sword of the Beginning and the End?
so the volumen 15 of campione are trying to stop salvatore doni for not to change the past
Old 2013-06-28, 21:19   Link #7730
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
what is the Sword of the Beginning and the End?
so the volumen 15 of campione are trying to stop salvatore doni for not to change the past
It's the sword that Athena has managed to create, based upon the Divine Blade of Salvation, and left the knowledge of how to create it, within Godou's body.

Godou first used it, in volume 13, with the help of Yuri ... and now, with the help of the ability that Circe has given to Godou ... he can use this "blade" on his own.

As for volume 15 ... well, Doni has already changed the past, since he has "founded" France, in a earlier time, then it was supposed to happen.

So, I would say that it's going to be about stopping Doni from further messing up history, although there is nothing preventing the author from further complicating the situation, in the next volume.
Old 2013-06-28, 22:08   Link #7731
kazzuya13

Quote:
Godou was also poisoned, due to Uldin's arrows and there is nothing suggesting that the [Camel] would be capable of purifying it.

So, even if Godou has used it ... there is a possibility that it wouldn't change anything about the outcome of this fight - since, even if he would manage to survive the crush landing, the poison might have spread enough, so that Godou wouldn't be capable of continuing to fight.
It took a long time for the poison to take effect in the first place. And if he had used the [Camel] at the very least he could manage one last attack at least. Furthermore it never said that the said poison could kill a godslayer it could only make them faint and the [Camel] has an attrubute of resilience that means he could endure the poison much better than normal.
Old 2013-06-28, 22:14   Link #7732
Mars Mode

i think the reason is a simple one, he was surrounded and using the autorithy of the Goat was the better option, I think one of the reasons why he could use the Dawn archives with so much ease is exactly why he was using the Goat.

And for the Camel it asks for a mortal injury at least to activate itself. If I understood correctly.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 22:36   Link #7733
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
i think the reason is a simple one, he was surrounded and using the autorithy of the Goat was the better option, I think one of the reasons why he could use the Dawn archives with so much ease is exactly why he was using the Goat.

And for the Camel it asks for a mortal injury at least to activate itself. If I understood correctly.
I meant when he was riding the dragon and he is ordering the dragon to crush land.
Old 2013-06-28, 23:34   Link #7734
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post

I don't think that it matters, in which authority Godou was in, before he used Circe's ability ... the ability has been already unlocked by Yuri, before he traveled to the past, and I think that it's time duration or effectiveness in using it, hasn't got any relation with Verethragna's authorities.

As for the reason why Godou hasn't used the [Camell], it might be simply attributed to ... Godou's own inexperience ... in other words, that even if Godou has made some considerable progress in his combat capabilities, he still hasn't reached a point, where he can easily recognize the fact that it would be a good idea to change the authority that he is using.
Old 2013-06-28, 23:34   Link #7735
Mars Mode

As I said mortal wound, if the poison is only enough to make him faint I dont think it counts as mortal, besides he was supressing the black star a thecnique he is barely controlling.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 00:03   Link #7736
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Ok I need some clarification.

1 - Is [Dawn's secret archives] an authority or is something similar to the gift bestows by Athena?
2 - [Dawn's secret archives] described as an impromptu grimoire, a guide for controlling a goddess' powers, so does this mean he could use Circe powers that was shown in vol 13?

I wish the author would collaborated a bit more info as what [Dawn's secret archives] actually do.
All I know so far is it helped Godou to create the black hole ability, but surely it could do more than that right. Let hope in next vol it tell us a bit on the [Dawn's secret archives] ability.

On the high note, I can’t wait for the rematch of Godou vs Doni.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”

Last edited by mike211; 2013-06-29 at 00:33.
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 00:47   Link #7737
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post

1 - Is [Dawn's secret archives] an authority or is something similar to the gift bestows by Athena?
2 - [Dawn's secret archives] described as an impromptu grimoire, a guide for controlling a goddess' powers, so does this mean he could use Circe powers that was shown in vol 13?
1. It's something similar to Athena's gift, since it has been mentioned that it is too simple to be considered an authority.

2. Maybe, but I think that he needs knowledge about those powers, contained in his body, before he could use them. Since no one has thought Godou how to use Circe's powers, and the person herself, is already dead ... I think that the possibility of Godou being capable of using them, is pretty low.

It definitely has a promise of becoming more, then the capability of using Athena's gift ... but for that to happen, Godou probably needs to either learn some magic techniques related to Earth Goddesses or beat a few more of them, and "steal" their knowledge in someway.
Old 2013-06-29, 01:33   Link #7738
isadin801

Anybody know when the next volume is coming out?
isadin801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 01:43   Link #7739
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by isadin801 View Post
Anybody know when the next volume is coming out?
Nope, considering the fact that the author is also working on another novel at the same time, it might take some time, before the next volume is out.
Old 2013-06-29, 02:37   Link #7740
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post

I wish the author would collaborated a bit more info as what [Dawn's secret archives] actually do.
All I know so far is it helped Godou to create the black hole ability, but surely it could do more than that right. Let hope in next vol it tell us a bit on the [Dawn's secret archives] ability.

On the high note, I can’t wait for the rematch of Godou vs Doni.
Technically, it's an authority since he got it like one in V13.

However, for a full authority it's effect is very weak. At least that's what Godou says when he uses it. That's why we (and he? don't remember clearly) call it a gift.

We do know it's likened to a grimoire and with Goat + Secret Archives of Dawn, Godou can use the Sword of the Beginning and the End on his own because that's what he did.

Now, there are a few possibilities:

1: The Archives are like a regular grimoire, they don't give him skill at manipulating magic energy and the Goat was a necessary part of the equation. Instead the archives give Godou Circe's "attributes" or "properties" (="goddess", which she threatened to steal the Black Sword with in V13) and the "spell formulas" so that he can cast quite a few of her spells if he can also manipulate magic energy well enough.

Without help manipulating magic energy (Goat, Warrior), his casting attempts would end up similar to V8.

Downside: Not getting help with manipulating magical energy is VERY limiting and inconvenient. Also, it's a very roundabout way to using the Black Sword...

2: The archives are not like a regular grimoire. They don't give knowledge of specific spells, but Circe's "attributes"/"properties" and skill at manipulating magic. The Goat wouldn't have been necessary to use the Black Sword.

This is much more convenient when using the Black Sword, but very limited in every other way... Godou currently wouldn't be able to use it for much of anything else.

3: The archives do all of it. Skill, knowledge, "attributes"/"properties". Now, this would be very powerful, possibly broken, which might contradict Godou's thought that it's too weak for a whole authority.

4: it's complicated~~

Currently, there's no decisive indicator as to which one it is.

As for new volumes, next month a new volume of Jou-chan's other series will be released. I haven't seen anything else announced yet. I suspect October +/- 1 month, but I wouldn't want to predict the series.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem