AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-03, 10:30   Link #1561
rulfo

You got a point about originals being a huge risk. Reminds me of Gonzo and how they fell off the map.

In any case though they seem rather adamant with this. So I think for the mean time there wouldn't be any Kadokawa shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Well, they've done two TBS/Pony Canyon shows in a row. Out of their two announced projects, one is a TBS/Pony project (Chuunibyou) and one is unknown, but assumed to be TBS/Pony.
Unknown? Am I missing something else?
Old 2013-04-03, 10:37   Link #1562
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Unknown? Am I missing something else?
No production committee has actually been revealed for Kyoukai. We're all assuming it's the KyoAni/PC/(Lantis)/TBS one from Chuunibyou/Tamako.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2013-04-03, 10:45   Link #1563
rulfo

Ahh I see. Well it's more or less confirmed that PC is gonna be involved in this. Unless they net new ones.

On a side note. I'm ok with Ishidate on a directorial debut but I wish it would be going like this.

Chief Director: Yasuhiro Takemoto
Director: Taichi Ishidate

Then again I'd be more happy if Takemoto took the director spot.
Old 2013-04-04, 11:24   Link #1564
Warm Mist

I had a blackout in my city for two days, and I come back to this.
I called it :P

Now awaiting staff info (Ishidate x Kamoi pretty please).
Old 2013-04-04, 12:51   Link #1565
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
Also, in bad news for the studio it seems like Kazuya Sakamoto no longer works at Kyoani. It's rare seeing a veteran from the Inuyasha times leave Kyoani, but Yoneda also left not so long ago so... I wonder if there's some sort of circumstance, or if those are just personal decisions.
Alas, this leaves a spot for a new episode director. I'm curious as to who will be promoted.
A 'Kazuya Sakamoto' was credited for Jojo #22 and today the name appeared for Photo Kano ED (lol).
Old 2013-04-04, 17:20   Link #1566
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Makes me wonder though, will this lead to the end for KyoAni Kadokawa projects?

KyoAni seems to have moved on from any Key works. I don't they'll be touching any of Key's materials in a long time(still praying hard that Planetarian does get handled by them).

Then again I could be wrong. Still no sponsors announced for this. Kadokawa backing this up will be kinda awkward. An LN company backing up another LN company's project?
I pretty much doubt we'll ever see another Key show done by KyoAni. It looks like Key was actually waiting for quite some time to get Little Busters animated by them but in the end had to go with "plan B" and figure out an alternative since KyoAni and the other Committee members were going for other, more lucrative properties.
Old 2013-04-04, 22:42   Link #1567
Westlo
Lets be reality

I don't think the KyoAni staff wanted to invest 18 months into Little Busters lol..
Old 2013-04-04, 22:47   Link #1568
whitecloud

Hahaha...I don't think kyoani will ever sever the relationship, after all money is the the number one strongest relationship...beside kyoani has a lot of experience and proven track record of making a lot of key series..the only one that I know that kyoani back off from is only little buster I think?

That since they already have several project under their wing, such as tamako market, chuunibyou

I'm hoping they would make another key work soon...maybe after kyoukai no kanata and chuunibyou 2 which is maybe next year?

What do you guys think the best for a comeback? The one good enough for kyoani style of sobfest..? Rewrite?

@ westlo not just 18 month...at around 52 episode that separated by 2 cour break...if they want to make it right...most likely
Old 2013-04-04, 23:39   Link #1569
4Tran

Kyoto Animation is publishing their own light novels now, so they have a ready source of Key-like stories to produce without having to go back to that old partnership. If this venture is successful, they are much better off financially, and they have more creative control of the shows they make. It's much preferable to making anime off of someone else's work.
Old 2013-04-05, 10:00   Link #1570
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I don't think the KyoAni staff wanted to invest 18 months into Little Busters lol..
B-But Planetarian will fit well into a movie. It's not that long!

Granted I hope they don't push through with the drama cds and others. For me the Kinetic Novel was potent alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Kyoto Animation is publishing their own light novels now, so they have a ready source of Key-like stories to produce without having to go back to that old partnership. If this venture is successful, they are much better off financially, and they have more creative control of the shows they make. It's much preferable to making anime off of someone else's work.
Yes it's definitely better. BUT it's a double edged sword. They get a huge cut if they pull it through, they get quite the repercussions if it performs poorly. Now it's only a matter of time and luck if they will be blessed with such materials.
Old 2013-04-05, 13:55   Link #1571
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
No grand prize awards were given out for any of the categories in the fourth Kyoto Animation award. Three encouragement awards were given in the novel category, but none in the scenario and manga categories.

The three titles are:
Phantom World by Soichiro Hadano
Manzai Special Course! by Aji Miyaku
Aimless Wandering, Reckless Heartbeat by Kouji Doogu

Old 2013-04-05, 15:10   Link #1572
4Tran

Quote:
Yes it's definitely better. BUT it's a double edged sword. They get a huge cut if they pull it through, they get quite the repercussions if it performs poorly. Now it's only a matter of time and luck if they will be blessed with such materials.
While there are larger risks associated if you're primarily financing an anime work, the commensurate rewards make it a worthwhile proposition. This is especially true if product seems marketable. Besides, there's nothing keeping Kyoto from finding funding partners for their original and semi-original works.

Working in a partnership with Key again seems much less attractive in comparison. And this is true both financially as well as creatively. Kyoto Animation is in a pretty enviable position right now, so why would they want to move away from that?
Old 2013-04-05, 16:41   Link #1573
Write
Banned

I'm glad Kyoto is adapting their own material. It's something I'd like to see more of.
Old 2013-04-07, 07:12   Link #1574
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

welp, no haruhi for 2013 then.
Old 2013-04-07, 08:40   Link #1575
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
No grand prize awards were given out for any of the categories in the fourth Kyoto Animation award. Three encouragement awards were given in the novel category, but none in the scenario and manga categories.

The three titles are:
Phantom World by Soichiro Hadano
Manzai Special Course! by Aji Miyaku
Aimless Wandering, Reckless Heartbeat by Kouji Doogu
I remember reading somewhere that they changed the prize description a little and removed the "anime adaptation" in the grand prize?

Is this true?
Old 2013-04-07, 11:09   Link #1576
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
I remember reading somewhere that they changed the prize description a little and removed the "anime adaptation" in the grand prize?

Is this true?
Yeah, there's no "anime adaptation" mentioned on the page at all. The only prizes are monetary, but given that two "encouragement award" winners are now anime projects/published (out of 10 total from 2010-2012), I can't see why people wouldn't want to at least try.

Old 2013-04-09, 08:54   Link #1577
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Yeah, there's no "anime adaptation" mentioned on the page at all. The only prizes are monetary, but given that two "encouragement award" winners are now anime projects/published (out of 10 total from 2010-2012), I can't see why people wouldn't want to at least try.
Ahh thanks. I got confused when someone still said that the contest was in some form a "con" just because no one still won the grand prize which they believed was the anime adaptation and such.
Old 2013-04-09, 11:44   Link #1578
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Ahh thanks. I got confused when someone still said that the contest was in some form a "con" just because no one still won the grand prize which they believed was the anime adaptation and such.
A lot of people view the contest as a "con" since there hasn't been a grand prize winner. This simply means there's not been a submission that has been worthy in the judges' eyes as being "grand prize" worthy. Even looking at the revised version of Chuunibyou, I can understand their concerns. It's decent, but not great. Just because there's a grand prize doesn't mean someone has to win it. In 18 contests, there have only been 5 grand prize award winners from the Sneaker Bunko awards for example.

Old 2013-04-13, 19:33   Link #1579
Ragecry

No more news? Or is it just me lacking a sense of research to know?

And by the way, no matter how much research, I couldn't find any positive/negative answer on the webz if Tamako will get a dub.. Anyone got news on that too?
Old 2013-04-19, 03:11   Link #1580
Warm Mist

So this thing...
http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/countdown/
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Any insights? Doesn't seem like either of the two planned projects, and I'm really struggling with those silhouettes, but I don't think it seems like a sequel of anything either.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-04-19 at 15:28. Reason: added images tag
Closed Thread

Tags
studios