AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-07, 05:21   Link #801
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

My biggest and possibly only complaint of the show is that it's way too short. And a few eps in the middle straddled from being pure filler while slightly tying with the main theme.

Then again, ufotable spared no animation expenses for the show while it lasted.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 04:59   Link #802
sovietmisaki
Metal Gear SSSPAAARRRTAAA

0_o man I hate missing out on good series like this when they air, I guess it's time for me to get more involved into the anime and manga community after 8 years of being left behind (well maybe excluding the time period of maybe 2003 to mid 2005 though I didn't really participate in the community much) though I would like to deem GU-Manabi Straight as a marathonable series (gee I keep making up new words...) even if it takes a turn for a different mood... I seriously need to stop marathoning and watch the episodes as they become available. it seems to me that there was a turntablist using low frequency scratches during the quick character transitions in some episodes. though for some reason, the atmosphere created by manabi caused the song "Fight the Power" to pop in my head repeatedly (likely with the combined effect of the scratching)
sovietmisaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 10:07   Link #803
Jiji
*Scanlator

Not to veer too far off-topic, but you're definitely not alone, sovietmisaki. I'm even participating in the community a bit, but I have little time to watch anime, so I'm WAY behind on tons of series. Even this one: I've only got a couple of eps left to watch. >.> Hmm...maybe it's time to finally finish this one today. Yeah...
^_^
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 11:49   Link #804
Oxtail

When are other animators going to realize the pure awesomeness that is gradient hair?
Oxtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 15:55   Link #805
ellifeedn
Thinker

I heard this is a very good series and decided to check it out. Hopefully I'll be able to download all the episodes and avoid the same mistake as the one I made with Gakuen Alice.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 18:31   Link #806
stewie0814

Hmm, i saw this a bit ago, good stuff, had this melancholic feeling to it. Good for a change if you only watch action/drama things.

*aaah seiohh ...
stewie0814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 03:04   Link #807
supuhaznpbrein

This is a great show, and the main reason I decided to pick it up was because of Yui Horie. But the main reason I'm posting in this thread is because a few weeks ago, I found an amazing wallpaper of Manabi Straight and I can't seem to find it again. It was a shot of all the girls on an airport at night. Does anyone know what wallpaper I'm talking about?
supuhaznpbrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 02:18   Link #808
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by supuhaznpbrein View Post
This is a great show, and the main reason I decided to pick it up was because of Yui Horie. But the main reason I'm posting in this thread is because a few weeks ago, I found an amazing wallpaper of Manabi Straight and I can't seem to find it again. It was a shot of all the girls on an airport at night. Does anyone know what wallpaper I'm talking about?
Unfortunately, don't know, I don't think I've seen that one--but there are a few good wallpapers on the site of the Manabi PS2 game here:
http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/ps...ries_kabe.html
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 11:48   Link #809
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I have a question regarding the Manabi Straight OVA.

Spoiler for major plot spoilers:

And by the way, this OVA really completed most plot holes and loose ties in my opinion since it is from Momo's perspective. Sure it stands out from the regular story, but in my opinion it did exactly what I wanted - it told me why Momo hangs around the student council members. Her explanation at the end of the episode was priceless, and it made all the difference.

Well, that, and now we know how well Momo stalks.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 11:54   Link #810
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I didn't even know there was a Momo OVA. >_<!
Old 2011-12-08, 05:17   Link #811
Kyuu
=^^=

Oh, look. I bump this thread. That's because I just finished watching this series.

Took me to the 2nd or 3rd episodes to find its charm; and that feeling carried me all through the rest. On top of that, I felt something surreal about this series. This I can't explain. Overall. Nothing felt rushed. The pacing was fine. Humor was applied with subtlety, where appropriate.

Then this... "anime depression" thing when a series ends... non-existent. The last episode was a good closure episode.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 21:44   Link #812
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Better check out the OVA apparently hard to find but is available in Youtube. I find it sort of funny in 4 years, they went from cute Moe anime to very dark and depressing Fate/Zero, I mean it's totally different people directing it.

I thought this anime had a big heart too. Basically it wasn't just 5 girls they put the attention on but the teachers who were quite important to the plot.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, school life, seinen, ufotable