AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-10-23, 20:49   Link #41
Raxial
CG / Color

Send a message via AIM to Raxial
omg, your cg is incredible! Your lineart needs a little improvement, but of course its just practice and it'll get better and better. I love the cg work though. I especially like the hair. Keep up the good work!
Raxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 21:59   Link #42
JERI

not bad, don't see anything wrong with it.
JERI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 04:54   Link #43
get_a_life
hentai! banzai!

Send a message via AIM to get_a_life
your rendering skill is phenominal! but your line work is really not up to par. since you're already good at cg-ing, practice more on drawing. you can keep cg-ing and adding in new techniques but your line art will always be the same if you dont work on it.

i kind of noticed your drawing skill is a little weaker than your cging mostly bc you're "over cg-ing" your drawing. dont hide your weakness with your other strength. strengthen your weakness. also dont cheat your drawing bc in the end, you're only cheating yourself.

take some time off to study some anatomy especially with the parts you hate--like you admitted: hands/feet. trust me it'll help a lot with the way you're rendering. dont over simplify things.

keep up the good work.
get_a_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 17:59   Link #44
fantD
³²¹¿Ğeath[§]

Send a message via AIM to fantD
Quote:
Originally Posted by get_a_life
your rendering skill is phenominal! but your line work is really not up to par. since you're already good at cg-ing, practice more on drawing. you can keep cg-ing and adding in new techniques but your line art will always be the same if you dont work on it.

i kind of noticed your drawing skill is a little weaker than your cging mostly bc you're "over cg-ing" your drawing. dont hide your weakness with your other strength. strengthen your weakness. also dont cheat your drawing bc in the end, you're only cheating yourself.

take some time off to study some anatomy especially with the parts you hate--like you admitted: hands/feet. trust me it'll help a lot with the way you're rendering. dont over simplify things.

keep up the good work.

You're exactly right! i know line art is my weakness and i'm still trying to improve. Cging is much easier since it allows a much more degree of freedom imo. As I see it, line art, sketching, techniques and such take a much longer time to develop and improve so i'm still working on it. Considering that my total drawing experience has been a little under 1/2 a year, i do kinda regret not giving more attention to the fundamentals.
fantD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 22:43   Link #45
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
my line art is about 6.5/10 imo
but my cg skill is 0/10
thats average of...... nevermind. -__-
and how did you become so good at cg? take any classes?
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 03:34   Link #46
fantD
³²¹¿Ğeath[§]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sOnJoOL
my line art is about 6.5/10 imo
but my cg skill is 0/10
thats average of...... nevermind. -__-
and how did you become so good at cg? take any classes?
I'm not sure, never took any art classes before. Maybe its just practice
Old 2004-11-14, 19:53   Link #47
fantD
³²¹¿Ğeath[§]

another cg. This started as a background project for my software apps class by I couldn't resist adding a character here so I took a sketch and cg'ed it having missed photoshop coloring for 2 weeks. Well, back to practicing lineart for another few weeks.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/12266422/
Old 2004-11-14, 22:10   Link #48
Raxial
CG / Color

Send a message via AIM to Raxial
again, I really like the cg, and this time even most of the lining looks really good, especially the hands. The face seems a little off, but I can't really help with advice on that :/
Raxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 22:19   Link #49
anime-otaku
Lazy Guitarist

Send a message via AIM to anime-otaku Send a message via Yahoo to anime-otaku
FantD , I definitely think you have good potential with CG, And I do see slight improvements here and there, I agree with Get_a_life, your weakness is your lineart.

Really work on it, You spend lots of time on a piece with CG, but why not take some time off from CGing and just work on improving the lineart with the same ambtion and commitment you put into your CG pieces? I got a good feeling something good will come from it.
anime-otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 16:52   Link #50
fantD
³²¹¿Ğeath[§]

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime-otaku
FantD , I definitely think you have good potential with CG, And I do see slight improvements here and there, I agree with Get_a_life, your weakness is your lineart.

Really work on it, You spend lots of time on a piece with CG, but why not take some time off from CGing and just work on improving the lineart with the same ambtion and commitment you put into your CG pieces? I got a good feeling something good will come from it.
yea, unfortunately, most of my line art is done with vectors on the pc. My sketches imo look better and more fluid surprisingly. Actualy, i spend more time practicing lineart in general now. This cg didn't take very long at all, maybe 6 hours. I think i'm going to use a light table from now to pencil ink lol.
Old 2004-11-15, 17:10   Link #51
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

I wanna see sketches!
Old 2004-11-15, 20:57   Link #52
fantD
³²¹¿Ğeath[§]

heres me random sketch with a slight color edit in photoshop. I got no clue what those things on her arm are lol

enjoy
Old 2004-11-16, 17:23   Link #53
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Nice. The hand seems a bit large and the thing on her head doesn't seem to affect the hair, thus it looks as if it's not actually on her head, but around the head (larger than the head, not touching the hair).
Old 2004-11-22, 17:31   Link #54
fantD
³²¹¿Ğeath[§]

wohoooo, new sig image thingy... well its based off my old one except with lots of added junk I've learned over the past 4 months.