AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 29 29.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 19.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 24.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 13.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 8.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-04-02, 04:42   Link #81
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
So when will be season 3 out?
3 yrs from now, if we're lucky.
next should be Shana 3rd, and then Railgun 2... and after that, Index III. lulz
Old 2011-04-02, 05:54   Link #82
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
But did he completely cancel Ars Magna when Izzard chopped off his hand?

Spoiler for :
No he didn't cancel it using his imagine breaker. He just bluff and scared the guy.

Ars magna had a demi-god power but if the user's thoughts are messed up then it's useless. That's why Izzard had those needles thing to stab himself to calm down and avoid unnecessary thoughts inside his brain.

Well if you see a guy with chopped off arm and still laughing maniacally and smiling like some evil overlord you might ended up like Izzard. Wetting his pants.
Old 2011-04-02, 06:00   Link #83
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
No he didn't cancel it using his imagine breaker. He just bluff and scared the guy.

Ars magna had a demi-god power but if the user's thoughts are messed up then it's useless. That's why Izzard had those needles thing to stab himself to calm down and avoid unnecessary thoughts inside his brain.

Well if you see a guy with chopped off arm and still laughing maniacally and smiling like some evil overlord you might ended up like Izzard. Wetting his pants.
I think it's debatable cuz u can hear IB working and I also don't think he was off track with his thoughts when shooting the mass production of blades at touma.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 06:05   Link #84
Seiryuu

I hope it doesn't take 3 years. From what I've heard the novels are plenty far along for them to just keep going without having to add filler, and this season concluded with a seriously major cliffhanger, far bigger than season 1. If they take too long getting started a lot of people will be angry (I can't be the only one).
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 06:07   Link #85
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
I hope it doesn't take 3 years. From what I've heard the novels are plenty far along for them to just keep going without having to add filler, and this season concluded with a seriously major cliffhanger, far bigger than season 1. If they take too long getting started a lot of people will be angry (I can't be the only one).
By the time it starts I'll be in college. Gahhhhhhhh!
Old 2011-04-02, 06:23   Link #86
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Assuming Railgun 2 and Shana 3 would be out first... And that it's one of them per Fall season... And there's no other big titles line up... That's a minimum of 2 years of waiting time.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 06:35   Link #87
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Very good season finale.
Can't wait for the next series.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 06:40   Link #88
Ushio the Omega

How people gave this high marks is beyond me a very painful 1 out of 10. Far too rushed and the pacing was the worst I can ever remember seeing. A true disappointment of an ending to an above average anime, though I do wish Toma's annoying speeches weren't so retarded and such self righteous tripe.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 08:07   Link #89
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

While this episode was rushed. I did enjoy seeing the SS novel animate.

I was I nice way to end the season. I'm sad they didn't animate the prologue of the next volume like season 1, but either way I look forward to Index III whenever it will be announced.
Old 2011-04-02, 10:42   Link #90
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
And really Touma going on a speech about being a level 0 when you have such a special ability just sounds fake. The key points were true, but he shouldn't act like he's a normal person when he's not.
Touma may have Imagine Breaker, but in the eyes of society he's a delinquent, which puts him in the same situation as any member of Skill-Out. So what if he has this special power, people still treat him as bad student. He has gain no special favors for having that power so essentially he is a Level 0.

Then you would say 'but he can protect himself using this power!', but isn't that the point of Skill-Out? The so-called armed group of Level 0s that can take on Espers? They have guns and various weapons, essentially they have 'power'.
Old 2011-04-02, 11:12   Link #91
tsunade666

plus him having the imagine breaker ability seems to be not known by all. Touma was surprised when Tsuchimikado knew about his ability and if they knew Touma really did had that kind of ability then the urban legend of someone having an ability that can negate the other ability wouldn't just be an urban legend at all. His ability is pretty rare or rather it's only one among the world.

His been registered as a level 0 or an idiot in terms for the curriculum. And level 0 is equal or same as powerless. The system scan wouldn't register something that doesn't show any effect at all or maybe too weak to detect.

I can even bet none of his classmates except for Tsuchimikado knew about imagine breaker or even Komoe sensei. If his school or at least inside his class knew about his ability then a rumor about
Spoiler:
wouldn't started or even be spread like wild fire in one of the SS.
Old 2011-04-02, 12:00   Link #92
zaeraal

Please people stop puting Touma into "powerles people" level, he absolutely and clearly does not belong there. First of all - his power CAN be measured : qoute from light novel, vol 16 :
Quote:
All sorts of chemical formulas are jumping all over the place, from the brain processing capability that’s calculated from the amount of oxygen taken in and the amount of carbon dioxide taken out, to the power of his right hand that’s calculated from the AIM dispersal field that’s scattered all over Academy City.
Meaning if they want to put him a level, they can, but won't do it for political or other reasons. Secondly - you can't compare a power that can beat the strongest esper of AC, which not even a nuke would faze, with some weapons those level 0 deliquents use. Thirdly - he has a special protection and treating from Aleister, unlike other level 0 that are DISPOSABLE junk (in terms of AC treating)
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 12:02   Link #93
bizzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I think it's debatable cuz u can hear IB working
That's because Izzard imagines the sound.
bizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 12:08   Link #94
eiyuu99

Imagine Breaker also has no effect against conventional means from fists to guns.
It is essentially a Joker card, with limited range.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 12:16   Link #95
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Please people stop puting Touma into "powerles people" level, he absolutely and clearly does not belong there. First of all - his power CAN be measured : qoute from light novel, vol 16 : Meaning if they want to put him a level, they can, but won't do it for political or other reasons. Secondly - you can't compare a power that can beat the strongest esper of AC, which not even a nuke would faze, with some weapons those level 0 deliquents use. Thirdly - he has a special protection and treating from Aleister, unlike other level 0 that are DISPOSABLE junk (in terms of AC treating)
...You know, power of his right hand means the force or strength it produced =_=

F=MA?

I'll address this again, so what? It doesn't change his situation as a borderline student in a society that judges people on their academics. Sure he defeated the strongest esper, but only a hand full of people know about that, was he somehow raised to a higher social status? No. He went back to his normal life and force to go through homework and struggling grades. Does Aleister's protection get him into a better school? Better living conditions? No. Hell, it doesn't even protect him from a group of thugs!

That was what Skill-Out was whining about, that they are looked down upon by people, and they use that to justify their attacks on Espers. If all they do is hurt people, then of course everybody would look down on them. What? You think they're the only disposable people? THere are tons of Level 0s that doesn't have Aleister's protection to live their normal lives instead of hurting people.

THen you ask yourself, why did they become disposable? They could have lived longer lives, but they instead chose to conduct this operation in the middle of open war with the Church, risking the lives of innocent civilians for their goals. They've sealed their own fate, they made themselves disposable.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-04-02 at 12:27.
Old 2011-04-02, 12:32   Link #96
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Please people stop puting Touma into "powerles people" level, he absolutely and clearly does not belong there. First of all - his power CAN be measured : qoute from light novel, vol 16 : Meaning if they want to put him a level, they can, but won't do it for political or other reasons. Secondly - you can't compare a power that can beat the strongest esper of AC, which not even a nuke would faze, with some weapons those level 0 deliquents use. Thirdly - he has a special protection and treating from Aleister, unlike other level 0 that are DISPOSABLE junk (in terms of AC treating)
Just cuz he does amazing stuff like that doesn't make him powerful. I=His IB is convenient. Its like Luffy from one piece. How the hell does a rubberband man beat Enel, one of the strongest Characters in One piece? Cuz he is conveniently made of rubber.
Old 2011-04-02, 13:05   Link #97
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

So outside of delicious milfy action, what exactly happened in this episode?

Is this the Adventures of Accelerator and Friends now?

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 13:16   Link #98
zaeraal

I don't want to continue this discussion here, because it is fit more for Touma thread, but i could not resist to reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...You know, power of his right hand means the force or strength it produced =_=

F=MA?

I'll address this again, so what? It doesn't change his situation as a borderline student in a society that judges people on their academics. Sure he defeated the strongest esper, but only a hand full of people know about that, was he somehow raised to a higher social status? No. He went back to his normal life and force to go through homework and struggling grades. Does Aleister's protection get him into a better school? Better living conditions? No. Hell, it doesn't even protect him from a group of thugs!

That was what Skill-Out was whining about, that they are looked down upon by people, and they use that to justify their attacks on Espers. If all they do is hurt people, then of course everybody would look down on them. What? You think they're the only disposable people? THere are tons of Level 0s that doesn't have Aleister's protection to live their normal lives instead of hurting people.

THen you ask yourself, why did they become disposable? They could have lived longer lives, but they instead chose to conduct this operation in the middle of open war with the Church, risking the lives of innocent civilians for their goals. They've sealed their own fate, they made themselves disposable.
Sry if i sounded like i was puting him in the same category as those level 0 deliquents, but my intention was the exact opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Just cuz he does amazing stuff like that doesn't make him powerful. I=His IB is convenient. Its like Luffy from one piece. How the hell does a rubberband man beat Enel, one of the strongest Characters in One piece? Cuz he is conveniently made of rubber.
(i Don't watch one piece so i wont comment on that)
He can be anything but not powerless. Some facts : you can't have a power that is effective against everything and can do anything, because that would be the most hax thing possible, aka the god power. Meaning that EVERY power has some sort of drawbacks, weaknesses and thinghts it just CAN'T do. Take as an example a kinetic field made by telekinesis, it sure can block punches, bullets and all other sorts of physical attacks, but it is COMPLETLY ineffective agains temperature, electricity, radiation... See, Touma's power also has thinghts it can block and thinghts it can't, it's just the way the power works. I hope that we both agree at this point, that imagine breaker is a POWER like any other, with it's good and bad points.

And now how to measure a power - we have basically 3 types of power - offensive, defensive, supportive (or combinations of them) and each of them is measured differently. Most people follow the offensive type and measure the power by "how much dmg it can do", but tends to forget, that defensive powers are measured by "how much it can stop" and supportive by "how much it can help". IMPORTANT note here : in AC, esper levels and their powers are ALSO measured by this formula. Meaning if you have a defensive type power, like nitrogen armor, you are measured by how much you can block by it. And i think, all would agree, if i say that Touma's power is completly defensive power (with some supportive effects) and thus should be measured by how much he can block/dispel/cancel with it. And with that, we can clearly say, his power is strong, which makes him, as the wielder of that power, also strong.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 13:26   Link #99
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I don't want to continue this discussion here, because it is fit more for Touma thread, but i could not resist to reply.

Sry if i sounded like i was puting him in the same category as those level 0 deliquents, but my intention was the exact opposite.
Er, no, that's not what I mean either

Okay restart everything- Touma may have this power, but his life is no different from the life of any other Level 0, minus the heroics. He knows what being a Level 0 is like because that's what everybody is treating him and having Imagine Breaker doesn't change that. That's the point I've been trying to make.

Skill-Out claims to protect powerless people that can't protect themselves, they use their numbers and weapons. Touma protects people as well, but he only has his right hand to do it. Ignore the actual strength of their 'power' because it's situational, when you break it down, both are the same. But somewhere down the road, Skill-out started commiting hate crimes lashing out on any and all Espers (refer to Railgun).
Old 2011-04-02, 14:26   Link #100
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I want to remind people again future event spoilers are not permitted in Episode threads. This means that you cannot use your knowledge of the novels or manga to:
  • talk about what might happen in Index III, or Railgun II.
  • provide additional information about what's happening in the story (or with the characters) now based on what you know will happen down the road
  • engage in debates or discussion that require someone to have read the novels/manga to participate

This sort of discussion is forbidden even behind spoiler tags. Please consult the Spoiler Policy for more information. There are other threads in this sub-forum where such material can be discussed.

If anyone encounters a post that breaks this rule, please report it. Thank you...

Tags
final episode thread