AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-10-31, 18:35   Link #3261
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
I wonder when Washington will get an NFL team again.
What, don't like having to go to Landover?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 18:43   Link #3262
Alchemist007
*Author

Glad the Ravens picked out the other birds. Shaving it pretty close there.
Old 2011-10-31, 22:59   Link #3263
LusterFlare
Lost.

Hahaha, Chargers botched the snap; let's see if this costs them the game...

EDIT: Annnd it does, albeit in OT. This really closes the gap in the AFC West.

Last edited by LusterFlare; 2011-10-31 at 23:21.
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 23:13   Link #3264
Kyuu
=^^=

Dammit... I lost to the Chargers kicker:
http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/boxscor...&version=quick

Nevertheless, LOL @ Rivers. He derped just as hard as Romo today.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 23:22   Link #3265
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Hm, the Chiefs have gone from the running for the 1st overall pick to being tied for the division lead.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 00:09   Link #3266
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Hmm, So Todd Haley isn't just a pi$$ed off Timber-Department Manager at Home Depot, he can actually coach a bit eh?
Old 2011-11-01, 00:31   Link #3267
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Now that SD@KC finished, let's see how I did:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Indianapolis at Tennessee, Winner: Tennessee. Justification: Obvious. Indianapolis has high standards to aspire to in the "Suck for Luck" competition, so they can't afford a win here.
About as expected.

Quote:
New Orleans at St. Louis, Winner: New Orleans. Justification: What I said for Indianapolis also applies for St. Louis, so Obvious.
If there's anything that can be said about this, its that Rams really know how to throw a spanner into the works every now and then.

Quote:
Miami at New York (Giants), Winner: Miami. Justification: My contrarian pick of the week, because strange things sometimes happen.
Yeah, the Deadfish came too close and Manning lived way too dangerously for the Giants streak of victory to be going on much longer after this week.

Quote:
Los Angeles at Carolina, Winner: Carolina. Justification: though the Dons aren't all that likely to move to LA until 2013, they still suck so this is a loss for them. This also makes the NFC South look a bit more feisty.
Dons are looking a bit feisty, that's good for when they start playing in LA.

Quote:
Arizona at Baltimore, Winner: Baltimore. Justification: Ravens have no offense, but the Cards have nothing…
Raves also be living too dangerously, gonna make em fall hard somewhere down the road.

Quote:
Jacksonville at Houston, Winner : Houston. Justification: The Texans are going to make the playoffs this year, a win here supports the narrative I have going.
Went as planned.

Quote:
Washington at Buffalo, Winner: Buffalo. Justification: Buffalo has no Defense, but the Redskins aren't going anywhere…
I stand corrected, Buffalo does have defense, somehow.

Quote:
Detroit at Denver, Winner: Detroit. Justification: Detroit finally manages to get it's fifth win, but since it'll be a narrow victory coming at the end of the game, there'll still be this big feeling of inadequacy surrounding the Lions franchise. Meanwhile said narrow loss win only inflate Tebow's strange legend in Denver even further.
The Lions more or less annihilated the Broncs, which went against my prediction, while Tebow's strange legend grew further and become memetic, which does go with my prediction.

Quote:
New England at Pittsburgh, Winner: New England. Justification: Rapistburger can't into Tom Brady, and also expect Pittsburgh to begin a three game losing streak here.
So Rapistburger CAN into Tom Brady, I was wrong here. It's starting to look like Pittsburgh is playing the role I had anticipated New England here in my narrative for this season, which potentially makes the Super Bowl very interesting…

Quote:
Cleveland at San Francisco, Winner: San Francisco. Justification: The Browns are shit, expect the Niners to give 'em a good bashing.
Browns got bashed, though not as much as everyone here probably expected. Oh well, a wins a win, no matter how ugly it is.

Quote:
Cincinnati at Seattle, Winner: Cincinnati. Justification: Will people stop treating the Seahawks as anything but the mediocre team that they are?
There, Seattle is a bad team now, deal with it. The implication of the Bungles doing good also has some rather interesting implications should they get to the Super Bowl…

Quote:
Dallas at Philadelphia, Winner: Nobody. Justification: Both teams are shit, so who gives a fuck? Expect Choko to throw at least three interceptions and for Philadelphia's fans to riot in the stands while nobody cares.
Let's see, Philadelphia fans rioting? Check(Since when have they ever not rioted?). Tony Choko throwing Interceptions galore? Check. Sunday Night Blowout? Check. Victory by the Eagles after a bye Check. Da Iggles further stirring the shitbowl that is the NFC East and ensuring that only one team in the division has a record over .500 at midseason. Fucking Check. Enjoy you're mediocracy NFC East fans, because this is things are going to be for a long time.

Quote:
San Diego at Kansas City, Winner: Kansas City. Justification: The AFC West is a charnel house, and the Chargers aren't good enough to dominate the division anymore, a loss here would leave the division up for grabs for everyone halfway through the season.
Exactly as planned…
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 02:24   Link #3268
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I know you have something against Romo, but 1 interception is "galore" to you?

Meanwhile, just realized Dallas and Rams switched places this week (Dallas won 34-7, Dallas lost 34-7)

Regardless, I enjoy your snippet reviews
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 03:08   Link #3269
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I know you have something against Romo, but 1 interception is "galore" to you?

Meanwhile, just realized Dallas and Rams switched places this week (Dallas won 34-7, Dallas lost 34-7)

Regardless, I enjoy your snippet reviews
Yes, because it confirms the bias I have against him. Besides, the NFC East teams are overdue for a major rebuild from the bottom on up. And yeah, I'll be doing these snippets every week until the Superbowl.
Old 2011-11-01, 09:00   Link #3270
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

How the flock are Kansas City 4-3....Cassell is throwing 2 interceptions a game for several games in a row and his yardage is average at best. If anything, seems more like opponents being fumble/interception friendly against them! 6 picks on the Raiders and then 2 picks and several fumbles on the Chargers. I could perhaps agree on defense winning games for Kansas but not their offense.
Old 2011-11-01, 12:11   Link #3271
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
How the flock are Kansas City 4-3....Cassell is throwing 2 interceptions a game for several games in a row and his yardage is average at best. If anything, seems more like opponents being fumble/interception friendly against them! 6 picks on the Raiders and then 2 picks and several fumbles on the Chargers. I could perhaps agree on defense winning games for Kansas but not their offense.
They're fucking lucky, that's what.
Old 2011-11-01, 22:16   Link #3272
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Ehhh...Iggles can get right back into this. The vagiants' schedule is brutal. As for the rest of the NFC East being mediocre, we'll take it . As for Philly rebuilding, it's always in a state of flux. When Donovan was there, we had a lights out defense under JJ but our offense sucked. Now Philly has the #1 offense in the league and its defense bites (well, aside from vs. the cowboys, but...they're the cowboys, so it doesn't count). If we could put 2 and 2 together...
Old 2011-11-01, 22:32   Link #3273
Kyuu
=^^=

KC... after starting 0-3... they won 4 straight. In that stretch, they womped on the Raiders, by shutting them out. That was a strange aberration. But it seems: KC has gotten into the groove defensively, with the help of a decent running game. If y'notice, they allowed the Chargers yesterday to drive into the red zone, only allowing just one TD, keeping the game close. Now, I'm curious as to KC's turnover ratio.

As for the remainder of KC's schedule:

Dolphins - W
Broncos - W
@ Patriots - toss up
Steelers - W
@ Bears - toss up
@ Jets - W
Packers - L
Raiders - W
@ Broncos - W

Chiefs could potentially get up to 9-10 wins on the season.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 00:15   Link #3274
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Kansas City beating Pittsburgh and New York Jets?!

That has better not happen...

I give them 4 wins more, 5 at best.
Old 2011-11-02, 01:04   Link #3275
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Kansas City beating Pittsburgh and New York Jets?!

That has better not happen...

I give them 4 wins more, 5 at best.
Yeah, I agree with you on that. Hell, the Patriots and Bears games should be marked as probable losses, and the Raiders game should at least be a tossup, considering KC's win against them last came under the bizarre circumstances of occurring when two of the Raiders best players (Sebastian Janikowski and Darren McFadden) were out with injuries, and when the quarterback situation was still in flux.
Old 2011-11-02, 23:22   Link #3276
Samari
World's Greatest

Maybe this was already talked about. I just found it hilarious:

Oh and just for kicks I never got tired of this Eagles fan wishing Ronnie Brown got cut after that boneheaded play he made against us in week 4.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 23:32   Link #3277
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

They tried to trade him just before the deadline to the Lions for Jerome Harrison, but it was nullified when it was discovered that Harrison had a brain tumor during the physical.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 04:31   Link #3278
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

lol Nickelback

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...rn=nfl-wp11074
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 11:45   Link #3279
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
It'll be interesting to watch the halftime show. I'll be willing to bet you'll hear some boos in the crowd.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 13:06   Link #3280
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Whoever wrote this article - I curse you with a boot to the head for comparing Nickelback to Pearl Jam....How utterly sacreligous....5 seconds of Pearl Jam utterly demolishes freaking Nickelback's entire career. My sympathies, Detroit. That is one raw deal.

Tags
american football, sports