AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-23, 03:30   Link #221
isak

Quote:
Originally Posted by neco411 View Post
Finaly finished vol 5 of the light novel and the ranking battle at the end was really infuriating...

1. All those restrictions where prety much directed to Rias' group so how the hell can you call that a fair fight. Thats giving a huge handicap for the other group to exploit. Honestly if I was the openent I would refuse to fight with such lopsided conditions... how could you ever feel good about winning with that inequality.

2. The worst offence was Ise being defeated by Saji's ability. The author basicaly had to break the rules of his own universe to make that happen... it was crearly stated that in the fight with the Phenex team that any ability or spell used set by a defeated player would vanish once that person was defeated and forced to leave the playing field... so how the hell did Saji's bility persist past his deafeat? Thats totaly a rip off and a lame way to remove Ise from the match.
1. Had to placate Serafall so I'm not shocked those rules were there, can't have Rias's massacre them in a few minutes flat which would have happened with no rules and have serafall attack Rias cause of Sona getting beat so easily.

2. In volume 4 life 3 Azazel mentions that absorbstion line can be REMOVED from the gear for a short time. An hour at most passes between battle and issei kicking the bucket. That's not much time now is it!!

Last edited by isak; 2012-06-24 at 10:54.
Old 2012-06-23, 13:50   Link #222
neco411

Even then the limitation on Gasper is unjust, sure he has problems controling his freezing abiltity but since its only on things he can see using him would create an impenatrable wall. Just stick him in a coridor and keep him pointed towards the enemy. His time freeze does not damage or detroy the soroundings so theres no point to tie both his hands. The fight just felt so much like the Phenex fight in the nature on the unfairness of it. This is prety much what happens in the next rating game which ends up becoming a terrorist attack... Gasper uses his freeze ability along with Ise and they prety much wipe out half the oponents withought them even being able to lift a finger to counter.

As for his teather and Vitra, Saji does not get his curse ability or Vitra until a book or two later when Azezel combines all the Vitra items into his body and revives Vitra in his sacred gear. As for emotions I think thats a bit of BS, basicaly your saying the other players resolution to battle are garbage and their just not up to par. Lets just take the battle with Phenex where the point that abilities disapear when the player is removed from the playing field, Kiba used his sword birth on Ise who boosted it and deafeated 1/4 of Pehenex evil peices but after Kiba was defeated it all disapeared. In that instance all the Rias' team was prety pumped up and determined since they knew what was on the line, and even then Ise was so determined that his Boosted Gear even evolved and applied all the power and spirit into gifting the sword birth. After the ability was over its also no longer connected to Kiba, its a seperate entity from him at this point. I'm still firmly on its a plot flaw on the the writers part.

Its also mentioned that the rating games are held in a diferent dimention (Why causing overwelming and colateral damage is ok in these places)... if your removed from the dimention and returned to the real world it would make sence that you can not maintain an ability across a dimentional barrier, that and their more or less past out when your loose in combat.

Yes Ise uses his mind reading ability later on but those are not rating games but actuall life and death combats. Rias does give him permision to use it in those cases. Its still a huge loss in a rating game. If a faction forfeits cause it chooses not to fight because the openent posess an overwelming ability then it would still count as their loss in rating game standings. Ise's new ability does not strip them naked like Dress Break does so its not like hes exposing them publibly.. mind you he still uses dress break a lot. Point is if their going to forfeit it makes more sence on the dress break ability then a mind reading ability if your only talking about being exposed.
Old 2012-06-26, 22:26   Link #223
fazri
blacksun king

thanks for the translation who ever the one who working on the vol 5.

but i want ask where the picture on when koneko down with showing her cat tail and ear?
Old 2012-06-26, 23:32   Link #224
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazri View Post
thanks for the translation who ever the one who working on the vol 5.

but i want ask where the picture on when koneko down with showing her cat tail and ear?
That would be Eternal Dreamer and if you mean where does that pic goes, well that goes at the end of life 2
Old 2012-07-12, 09:59   Link #225
zzhk
Summary Machine

If anyone is interested, I did a quick summary of the Ophis side story in the Social Group.

A fun little story with Church Trio antics, more glimpses at the Student Council characters, and Rias playing matchmaker, to mention a few highlights.

As usual, Akeno has some of the best lines.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
Old 2012-07-12, 13:44   Link #226
ccie20012

@zzhk
Thanks.!!
Spoiler for 12.5:
Old 2012-08-25, 22:43   Link #227
G147

@ccie20012
I agree on that.
Well from the way Ophis describes the Occult Research Club is actually quite accurate especially for this [The cheap silver-haired older sister with poor character].
Old 2012-08-25, 22:54   Link #228
Chelydra

That Ophis chapter was epic. And Asia totally got the shaft in that speech. A blonde sister. Akeno did well in that speech too
Old 2012-08-25, 23:51   Link #229
Nihgthawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelydra View Post
That Ophis chapter was epic. And Asia totally got the shaft in that speech. A blonde sister. Akeno did well in that speech too
I think she meant sister as in a Nun thou who knows.
Old 2012-09-12, 06:00   Link #230
n0m@n
C-Z

Information from volume 13

Spoiler for Volume 13:
Old 2012-09-12, 06:10   Link #231
Akumasama
Feminist

Congrats on getting the volume ^^. Thanks for the info, nom.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-12, 06:42   Link #232
n0m@n
C-Z

I thought I would get it on friday because amiami didnt send me a email. But I realised there was a ship notification sent to the spam box lol.
Old 2012-09-12, 07:47   Link #233
Akumasama
Feminist

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
I thought I would get it on friday because amiami didnt send me a email. But I realised there was a ship notification sent to the spam box lol.
I was wondering about that lol, any chance of taking pictures of the illustrations and uploading them?
Old 2012-09-12, 08:05   Link #234
aswad

@Nooom tank you for da all hard work
Old 2012-09-12, 08:09   Link #235
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Thanx n0m@n
Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-12, 08:51   Link #236
NeutralZero

Thanks...
And it's kinda amazing that from second to the fifth place were occupied by Hindu Gods...
Old 2012-09-12, 09:29   Link #237
blade82

thanx n0m@n but about vol.14 i tought it'll be centered around the magician and the vampire so Gaspar instead of Ravel
Old 2012-09-12, 09:41   Link #238
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
thanx n0m@n but about vol.14 i tought it'll be centered around the magician and the vampire so Gaspar instead of Ravel
Hm.. it seems like Ravel will be the main heroine for volume 14, but this next "arc" is magician and vampire arc? Or maybe they just decided to completely ignore what they wrote in V14's afterword?

I was hoping that we'd get some focus on Xenovia and Rossweise :<
Old 2012-09-12, 10:02   Link #239
XFire
150% done

Quote:

Spoiler for Volume 13:
.... plenty of cool stuff in there, but something sort of stopped me part-way through.

Indra is five!?! I though he was like two or something.
Old 2012-09-12, 10:05   Link #240
JAGI_X

Quote:

Spoiler for Volume 13:
So Sirzechs realize that his son now is growing up but he will not be mad at Issei right.

Tags
harem, school life, shounen