AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-05-15, 16:27   Link #41
Alchemist007
*Author

Did Minato just stab a bomb out of existence? Because that's pretty cool.
Old 2013-05-15, 16:39   Link #42
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crassa View Post
@itachi how can you actually say that? While an Earth Jutsu consists of different techniques from weak to strong you can't compare it to Izanagi that needs the genetic traits of the Sage of the Six paths.
it was a joke... because the elemental affinities are now a joke and kabuto turned bloodline limits into a joke... ah nevermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Btw, is Jubbi going to turn into its Kid Buu version or something? I was getting that insinuation from this chapter - or maybe I'm just imagining things.
haha i thought the same thing. it would be pretty interesting if the juubi's last form was small and compact. i mean, we have already seen the giganticism of it so why not something new?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Did Minato just stab a bomb out of existence? Because that's pretty cool.
i think he teleported it somewhere else, but we didnt see where it went. hand it to unlimited chakra i guess, but it was pretty cool
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 16:48   Link #43
sayde

So with Minato present, does that mean they no longer need to worry about bijuu bombs? I swear, between Shikamaru and all the planning that took place this chapter, I feel like I got trolled at the end there.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 16:52   Link #44
Eragon
Still Alive

^ Kishi is taking trolling classes with Kubo - guess who the teacher is.
Old 2013-05-15, 17:26   Link #45
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Does Sakura know that the 4th was Naruto dad? Because if not, she better have some sort of reaction to hearing him call the 4th as such. Knowing Kishi, he'll butcher her character even more and make it seem like she's falling for him due to being the son of a Hokage, though.
IF and only IF the 6th movie was cannon, would Sakura know.
On that note, I think there are only a select few who know that he is the son of the fourth
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 17:42   Link #46
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
It was supposed to take 6 months for a normal person to manage to crumble a leaf held in your hand, that's the absolute most basic test of elemental jutsu affinity there is. The author doesn't give a damn is all.
-I just assumed that since most of the ninja alliance is comprised of Chuunin-level or higher shinobi, they were able to get the general grasp of things. Course, that still doesn't mean they should have been able to take clear-cut instructions from Kurotsuchi's daddy when that giant WTF monster was looming over them with a doomball the size of Mt. Everest!
Old 2013-05-15, 18:13   Link #47
nacer666

I think somebody,either naruto or sasuke,will get a rinnegan and revive the whole cast including the hokages.
nacer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 18:28   Link #48
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminion Lancer View Post
-I just assumed that since most of the ninja alliance is comprised of Chuunin-level or higher shinobi, they were able to get the general grasp of things. Course, that still doesn't mean they should have been able to take clear-cut instructions from Kurotsuchi's daddy when that giant WTF monster was looming over them with a doomball the size of Mt. Everest!
I thought that six months thing was just to master it wihout wasting chakra.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 18:51   Link #49
sayde

Quote:
lol
Anyways, I almost feel like its a waste to debate this now. It's as if Kishi himeself realized how much tension having every shinobi use an earth style technique would cause among the fanbase. So instead of redrawing the panels and coming up with a new scenario, he thought, "DAMN! Wait a minute. OH!!! THAT's RIGHT! I JUST REVIVED DAT DUDE DIDN'T I!? I KNOW!!! I'll just copy and paste from chapter 502! Yeah...that could work..."

So what was a build up to what could've been one of the best demonstrations of alliance teamwork turns into yet another lesson of how 1 man >>>>>>>>>>>>>> everyone else.

It's okay though. I love that shit. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't keep up with various works of shonen to see teamwork.
Old 2013-05-15, 19:06   Link #50
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
So what was a build up to what could've been one of the best demonstrations of alliance teamwork turns into yet another lesson of how 1 man >>>>>>>>>>>>>> everyone else.
It was taking everything they had just to not get wiped from existence, and there's a time limit. Making shields only gets you so far.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 19:11   Link #51
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It was taking everything they had just to not get wiped from existence, and there's a time limit. Making shields only gets you so far.
I'm not gonna disagree. And I'm not complaining about it either. Just stating an observation.
Old 2013-05-15, 19:14   Link #52
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
It's okay though. I love that shit. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't keep up with various works of shonen to see teamwork.
That's why I like DBZ. It does not pretend to be about team work. It's a one man skit. This whole rage is because this war pretends to be about teamwork and then Naruto goes all "Bu ya Bitches!"

Not saying the alliance is a complete waste of time. It did its part at the start of this sham of a war but, after the introduction of troll-Madara, Kishi should have just got rid of the alliance or at least thinned down their number considerably - at least then this would feel like a war rather than a zombie killing game.
Old 2013-05-15, 20:32   Link #53
Sasheks

Assuming the ninjas who pulled off the wall jutsu have earth affinity, they should be able to learn a 'basic' techniques rather quickly. If they have learned earth element beforehand, it seems plausible.
Old 2013-05-15, 20:45   Link #54
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

BTW It will be somewhat amusing if after finding out that he's the son of the 4th Hokage the village parents start tossing their daughters at him. This will cause a huge obstacle for Hinata and only the local lords will be able to solve it... at this point they decide it would be too dangerous to marry him off to Hinata because the Huga clan would grow too great and decide that he will marry .... dun dun dun! Ayame the ramen girl!
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 22:18   Link #55
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
That's why I like DBZ. It does not pretend to be about team work. It's a one man skit. This whole rage is because this war pretends to be about teamwork and then Naruto goes all "Bu ya Bitches!"

Not saying the alliance is a complete waste of time. It did its part at the start of this sham of a war but, after the introduction of troll-Madara, Kishi should have just got rid of the alliance or at least thinned down their number considerably - at least then this would feel like a war rather than a zombie killing game.
lol i found myself laughing and agreeing to this post.
Old 2013-05-15, 23:45   Link #56
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
I think Kishi, given how much panel time was given to the plan, was showing that without Shikamaru's earth wall and Kirabi plan, most of the Alliance would have been killed by the biju bomb before Minato could hax it away. But at the end, it just seemed he went for the "look here is Minato, let's all fap to him" angle.

My problem isn't about Kishi's crapping on teamwork. It is more about the total lack of drama and tension in this manga. Now we have immortal Hokages with unlimited chakra entering the field. With good guys Sasuke and Orochimaru with them. Against an immortal Hashirama DNA powered Madara and Cthulhu. Even DBZ was more subtle than this.

That said, 100% of the Alliance is useless outside of Shikamaru, Kirabi, Kitsuchi, Darui, Mifune, Choji/Choza, and I dare say Ino. The rest can go home. Okay, maybe Sakura can stay since Naruto needs his own White Mage.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 04:01   Link #57
Sasukemaru
Banned

Lol...I don't think some of you realize the Alliance was not supposed to put up a fight this chapter, from what I read...They were desperately trying to come up with a way to survive a single attack this whole chapter.

What did you expect? The alliance to spend the entire next chapter trying to figure out a way to land a single ineffective blow? Then the chapter after that trying to stop the next attack? Come on now, it was fairly obvious they were doing everything in their power just to stall and keep from being obliterated while praying for a miracle. Enter Minato.

I don't see what the problem is with the alliance using earth jutsu tho. Many ninja in the series can use multiple elements, just look at Kakashi. He can see a water dragon, copy and paste. Not a big deal...

Besides the author went out of his way to stress the point that the shield each ninja produced would be extremely weak. Have you ever tried to rip a single sheet of paper? Have you ever tried to rip 500 sheets of paper at once? I think that was the point being made here.
Sasukemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 04:07   Link #58
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

The only bad thing about Minato arriving first will mean, he gets defeated first by the juubi or Madara. Thus reduce his fame or coolness.

The final conflict is being set up between Hashirama and Madara.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 05:21   Link #59
itachi-san314

Quote:
aizen?

Quote:
tru dat. i really dont give a crap about teamwork either. i like naruto for the independent badassness. i'd take minato teleporting a juubi-bomb over a boring mudwall made from alliance teamwork any day of the week
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 09:41   Link #60
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
aizen?
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!