Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-05-22, 15:31   Link #1
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Punch Out!! - Wii

No thread for this game? :/

The game just got released in France. We bought it and, even if I still haven't played to it myself yet, it's awesome.

The game is beautiful even on our big TV. I love the animations and voices (Glass Joe speaks in french, haha XD)

I am currently watching my father who's playing to it right now (and even if he played to the original game, he has some difficulties right now XD)

I will try it myself later

Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 15:39   Link #2
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

From what I heard and read, it seems this game is really great 8/10 on Gamekult who is know to be one of the most severe french website about video games ! So I will buy it tommorow even if I can't play to this game for the moment (too much work )But, as soon as the holyday come, I will clearly enjoy it to the fullest

*watch the video*

I want this game now O_o ! But I can't play to thus game now O___o !....T____T
Old 2009-05-22, 15:43   Link #3
Narona
Emotionless White Face

The music/sounds/voices are so awesome
Old 2009-05-22, 16:23   Link #4
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Punch Out isn't Punch Out without its official theme song

HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 16:31   Link #5
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

The more I watch these videos, the more I want the game I'm torturing myself And thanks for the vid HayashiTakara
Old 2009-05-22, 19:14   Link #6
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEaL8HqufFI

This video should seal the deal.
Old 2009-05-23, 01:38   Link #7
Blackbeard D. Kuma

So, for those of you that have played this game, do you think it is better than its predecessors Punch Out and Super Punch Out for the NES and SNES, respectively? I'd like to hear your thoughts.
Old 2009-05-23, 10:27   Link #8
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

I really do want this game, but with much bigger things coming out in a week's time, I'm wondering if this really is worth the $50.
Old 2009-05-23, 21:41   Link #9
holyalexander
holy alexander

i really love this game ever since it was released on SNES..
holyalexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 22:59   Link #10
Windy
Smug AF Birb

Send a message via MSN to Windy
I have this in the US and while it is truly an incredible game, I would say the price tag should be more around $35 or $40US for the amount of game content.

I felt like crying when I lost to Title Defense Glass Joe. x.x I never thought I would lose to him of all people.

To answer someone earlier's question, this game is more enjoyable than NES PO and Super Punch-Out, and has a difficulty level on par with the original (In Title Defense anyway)
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 23:20   Link #11
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Is that Macho Man Randy Savage doing the voice of Super Macho Man?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 16:17   Link #12
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
So, for those of you that have played this game, do you think it is better than its predecessors Punch Out and Super Punch Out for the NES and SNES, respectively? I'd like to hear your thoughts.
My father, who played to all the games of the series, said that this one was his all time favorite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
I really do want this game, but with much bigger things coming out in a week's time, I'm wondering if this really is worth the $50.
IMO? it really worths $50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy View Post
I have this in the US and while it is truly an incredible game, I would say the price tag should be more around $35 or $40US for the amount of game content.

I felt like crying when I lost to Title Defense Glass Joe. x.x I never thought I would lose to him of all people.

To answer someone earlier's question, this game is more enjoyable than NES PO and Super Punch-Out, and has a difficulty level on par with the original (In Title Defense anyway)
I disagree. There are much more contents in this one than in the other games of the series. Don't forget that not all the people played to the other punch out games, and a lot of people will already spend quite some time in the first mode, before even starting the Title Defence Mode. There are also the challenges for every boxers. And even if the two players mode is not the best mode ever, it's still quite fun when you play with your family (like me )

The game is quite polished too (musics, graphics, sounds, voices, cutscenes, animations etc.)

If this game doesn't deserve to be sold at $50, then a lot of games on the three consoles don't deserve it either (and there are a lot of games that are not as good as this one).

So far, I will only complain about a few things :

- The two players mode could have been better.
- The balance board support is crap.
- I don't play Online, but I guess that some people will complain about the lack of online modes. No leaderboards either for your Times.
Old 2009-05-25, 13:34   Link #13
Windy
Smug AF Birb

Send a message via MSN to Windy
Leaderboards are pointless when all boxers have a set minimum time that they can be beaten at. All of the top times would be that, except for cheaters of course.

But yeah, there are a lot of games on other consoles that dont deserve the top retail price tag *COUGH HEAVENLY SWORD COUGH*
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote