AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-20, 03:31   Link #181
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier8200
While the theory that it is Guy in disguise is interesting I think that is very far fetched but then again so was Rock being the one to save the day. Guy fighting as lee and giving lee a rep is not the way that those two would want the word to spread. That hurts both of their character traits.
Of course it's farfetched...but it's way less farfetched than it being Itachi.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 03:45   Link #182
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier8200

In conclusion, the most sound reason is that Lee had the surgery, it was quite brief he got healed by a medic nin or something and he is traveling with others to help the current team. I dont think that he is alone. More than likely the person that saved Kiba was from his team and could very well be hinata. Maybe sakura or ten ten came along to help out the rest of their teams possibly ino.
That makes sense. If Lee didn't come alone I hope Shino is there, that could be who helped out Kiba. I can't see Sakura coming along, she's got no offensive abilities, but I could see Ino or Ten-Ten.

I hope Ino comes across Shikamaru's fight and watches him defeat a level 2 curse seal sound nin and realizes how much better he is then Sasuke. Go Shika!

Last edited by FlyByNite; 2004-03-20 at 04:23.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 04:00   Link #183
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... Ž_Ž

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
ive searched for the chapter, but cant find it, please help PM me or something
Loki_Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 04:12   Link #184
Synaptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
I was waiting anxiously for a translation, so I didn't bother to think about this for the 1/2 second necessary to critique it...people have put forth the crazy suggestions that either Orochimaru is disguising himself as Rock, (So NOT what is going on.) or that Guy sacrificed himself in some sort of life transfer...reverse metempsychosis, if you will.

I don't know why people didn't combins the two, and come up with the far more plausible solution...wait for it...

It's GUY in disguise.

It'd explain why they're calling him the Green Beast, it'd explain his different manner of speech, it'd explain why Kimimaro is actually worried about this fight, it'd explain why he didn't tell Naruto he was ok, it'd explain the speed at which he got there, and the state his body's in.

Even further, Guy has a reason to do so. Guy said if the surgery didn't work out...he'd sacrifice his own life for Lee's nindo. What better way to do it than AS LEE? Fighting as Lee, and gaining reputation for Lee...showing people his path. Of course, it'll only work for so long...

So, while it still is a dark horse conspiracy theory, at least back one that makes sense in terms of continuity.

That's not a Man you're fighting Kimimaro...

It's a GUY, Baby!
Very plausible theory. But, Gai would never do it to spread the word of Rock Lee....more likely, its a "if you cant be there to help your friends...i will do so in your place, just concentrate on getting through the surgery" scenario.
Synaptik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 04:32   Link #185
SurfD

Send a message via ICQ to SurfD Send a message via MSN to SurfD
I didnt bother to read the entire thread, so excuse me if this has already been mentioned, but:

AZURE?!?!?! WTF?! I thought Lee was the Green beast, whats up with throwing Azure (as in "Sky Blue") in there?!?!
SurfD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 04:55   Link #186
htpcfan
L1: Lazy Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfD
I didnt bother to read the entire thread, so excuse me if this has already been mentioned, but:

AZURE?!?!?! WTF?! I thought Lee was the Green beast, whats up with throwing Azure (as in "Sky Blue") in there?!?!
You should have went back one page at least. "Aoi", which was translated to azure, can mean both green or blue. I assume the translation team just took one definition over the other... but yeah, I think they should have went for green.

Maybe they don't know what Azure means, no? We all make mistakes...
htpcfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 05:22   Link #187
Opticz

ohhhh i wanna guess too =D

the reason why lee is recovered is because Tsunade gave him a Genesis Rebirth seal.

And also i think Sasuke will have 4 dots in his sharingan due to the positioning of the 2 he has now.
Opticz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 06:55   Link #188
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opticz
ohhhh i wanna guess too =D

the reason why lee is recovered is because Tsunade gave him a Genesis Rebirth seal.

And also i think Sasuke will have 4 dots in his sharingan due to the positioning of the 2 he has now.
Actually now that I've read the inane translation I'm pretty sure Rock Lee has NOT really recovered but is just forcing himself.

The way Rock Lee doesn't answer Naruto's question about his body on the last page of the chapter and also the line on the side of that page:'but has Lee's body recovered already?', combined with the fact Tsunade said the recovery would take a long time really seems to suggest he hasn't really been restored yet.

Last edited by a_nevels666; 2004-03-20 at 08:37.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 06:56   Link #189
ri0

Didnīt read all, so sry if it was already mentioned: What came to my mind, when I read the chapter is: Lee did something like Kimimaro... The power to move through your will (or something, donīt remember right). The both live for what they admire: Lee, being a great accepted shinobi and Kimimaro, be useful for Orochimaru.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 07:18   Link #190
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andii56
wtf?

as cool as Lee was, Naruto's worth as a story just dropped significantly. Kishimoto better have a very good explanation as for why Lee is there and looking very healthy. and whats with this new last ditch jutsu Shikamaru is talking about?? this whole "last resort that fucks you up" trend is getting WAY old...

meh
I love how people are threatening and bashing Kishimoto for this story element. What're you gonna do if he doesn't give a good explanation? That's right, you'll continue to read the manga like the sheep you are.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 07:34   Link #191
El Diablo

Send a message via AIM to El Diablo Send a message via MSN to El Diablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Diablo
I can't be bothered to read 208 again, but did Shikamaru actually that the Shadow neck bind was the jutsu he'd been practicing. I really can't remember.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 08:17   Link #192
Jn183

It was a surprise to see Lee. Nice lil touch, guess the operation went well. So, the fight almost everyone been hoping/looking for will come very soon. Woohoo
Jn183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 08:24   Link #193
Freestyler

do you really think that there's a chance that naruto chases sasuke and probably fight him in the 'long awaited battle of eternal rivals'?? Kyubi vs curse seal level 2?

damn is that's gonna happen then i'm gonna faint
Freestyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 08:37   Link #194
naantje
Annoyance :)

AMMAGAWD i screamed when i saw rock lee Wowowowowoow im so happy@@@!!!
naantje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 08:44   Link #195
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

arrrrrrrrrgh wait a sec, shikamaru has another new move!?!?
i almost wet myself when he pulled out neck bind thingy @_@;;;
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 08:57   Link #196
Sethi
StormRider

Nice Chapter, Shika still has a new move god damn the guy really trained all right, go and defeat Tayuya already, Shika Rules.
Now as for Lee coming i'm still waiting for the explanation in next chapter, but at this moment i am thinking that Lee didn't do any rehabilitation and instead came as fast as he could to help his friends, in which case perhaps Lee will die or become severely injured again, if he has full recovered as in a magic jutsu i'll be totally disapointed.
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 09:10   Link #197
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirCloud
It should be mentioned that there's a mistranslation in Inane.

From page six, Shikamaru says about Neck Bind, "But if I let go even once, I'll surely be killed."

Next page, he says "Yappa kono jutsu de kata wo tsukeru shikane na"

Kono means "this," so in reality, Shikamaru's saying "I guess I'll have to put all my effort into this jutsu," meaning Neck Binding, not any new "last resort."

Yeah... I registered on these forums just to say this. ;/
Ah thanks a lot, I was really struggling on this part!

Also I went with green for Aoi (Which as mentioned previously can mean either green or blue (usually blue)) Simply because it made context in the sense that Rock Lee usually wears green (although I'm not sure why the author didn't use "Midori" for green instead). Perhaps Gai gave Lee a new Blue outfit to symbolise his rebirth?

Anyway gonna go check out the Inane version to see how much I got wrong........
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 10:33   Link #198
xavier8200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyler
do you really think that there's a chance that naruto chases sasuke and probably fight him in the 'long awaited battle of eternal rivals'?? Kyubi vs curse seal level 2?

damn is that's gonna happen then i'm gonna faint

I don't think that it is going to be that much of a contest. Its going to be a Curse level 2 Sasuke (who is rested up) vs. A tired Kyubi Naruto (split his chakra between 10,000 bunshins as stated earlier).

I think that they wil fight. Sasuke will win and he will decide that he will go to Orochimaru to find more power. Honestly Kabuto and Orochimaru may even come out to get sasuke, I know that they have been waiting for a very long time and should no that something is up.

Something tells me we are going to see alot of more cameos from diferent characters.
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 10:51   Link #199
Asmedaus

I think I speak for the majority when I say that the next chapter is one of the most awaited in recent chapters.

I think that Rock Lee has gone through surgery and now is fightning while still weak from the after effects. It makes sense, given Rock Lee's personality. The next few chapters are going to be great. I can't wait
Asmedaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 11:01   Link #200
DNE
Kyo!

hmm, i dont know if anyones brought up this question yet, so.. err i was wondering where do u think sasukes heading??gone to find itachi or oro or something ?_?
DNE is offline   Reply With Quote