AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-31, 13:58   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Claymore Chapter 82

Welcome to the monthly discussion thread for Claymore, Chapter 82.

The thread was created before the chapter was published. Usually false spoilers start to appear early so (naturally) people always need a place to discuss them.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Old 2008-07-31, 14:07   Link #2
tenken627
what Yagi said

Thank you Skyfall.

Going to add the spoilers that I found so far and posted on the Chapter 81 thread to make them easier to find.

Please add more when you find them.

I took out the spoiler tags since people got annoyed last time, and this is the Chapter 82 thread where they shouldn't be necessary. If you don't want to read spoilers, fake or real, please don't read below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Here is a spoiler from I believe 2CH with a really really rough translation from crappy "Google Translate". Maybe someone who can read Japanese can translate it more accurately.

Quote:
26 :作者の都合により名無しです:2008/07/27(日) 21:07:21 ID:/NxTYowr0
バレ
組織本部で会議
ガラテア討伐に向かったミアータとクラリスだけでなく、ルネまでもが消息を絶った現状を重く見 て
龍族討伐のため大陸に向かわせていた精鋭部隊を一時的に帰還させることになった
一方リフルはダフとともにルネの拷問をおこなっていたが、ルネはリフルの軍門に下ることも覚醒することも拒 否
余裕のリフルは「仲間になりたくなる、ならざるを得ない…」と意味深な発言をしながらある物体 を見せる
蠢く謎の物体を目の当たりにしたルネは恐怖を感じながらも懐かしさや心を惹かれる何かを感じ取 っていた
更に場面変わり、複数の龍族の死骸の上に腰を下ろす三人組みの戦士のシルエット
その三人組みの前に黒服(オルセ)が現れ、実験島での任務を伝える
反抗的な態度をとる戦士ノエル、それを小馬鹿にする戦士ソフィア
そして組織が生み出した最初の戦士、ピサロ
三人組の顔UPで終了

Crappy Google Translation:

26: Due to the authors名無し: 2008/07/27 (Sun) 21:07:21 ID: / NxTYowr0
Bale
Organizational meeting at headquarters
Galatea punitive and went MIATA Clarice, as well as to the whereabouts of Rene is also seriously looking at the current situation絶った
Long punitive group for the continent was moving troops to return temporarily to bring it to
Meanwhile RIFURU Duff is done with Rene torture, but Rene is RIFURU軍門descend in the wake of the denial
RIFURU relaxed, "longed to be a colleague, must be…" and meaningful remarks while showing an object
蠢くto see the mystery object Rene feeling of fear and a sense of nostalgia in the hearts attracted to what had been a sense
In addition, changing scene, several people dead on Long sat down with a silhouette of three fighters plaited
Before the three plaited black clothes (ORUSE) appears, the mission to convey the island experiment
Rebellious attitude Noel fighters and the fighters Sofia小馬鹿
And the organization created the first warrior, Pissarro
Three men face end UP
Quote:
Judging from the really bad Google translation, the spoiler seems to go like this (from what I can make out of it) in better English:

The setting first takes place at Organizational headquarters with the MiBs gathered. They are talking about Miata and Clarice, who went to kill Galatea. The spoiler does not say whether or not they are aware that the two and Galatea have joined the Ghosts.

The MiBs are also seriously talking about Rene's (Lune) disappearance, which is an obvious concern since she is their Eye.

The line: "Long punitive group for the continent was moving troops to return temporarily to bring it to" refers to the transfer of soldiers (Claymores?) to the main continent? And those soldiers have temporarily returned to the Claymore island?

That part isn't clear.

Scene shift to Riful and Duph torturing Rene (Lune). It seems that Rene is still resisting against Riful. Riful relaxes and says "longed to be a colleague, must be…" (ally?) and shows something to Rene. Rene feels fear and a touch of nostalgia deep within her heart upon seeing that object.

Scene shift to a place showing 3 silhouettes of Claymores. Orsay appears in front of them with a mission. The 3 Claymores turn out to be Sofia, Noel, and "Pissarro", the first ever Claymore.

Quote:
Alright, this spoiler is dedicated to Enara, since we don't want her to get lost.

From 2CH:

169 :作者の都合により名無しです:2008/07/31(木) 18:27:55 ID:u7wVeQnY0

バレスレより

クレイモア
ルネはリフルに拉致され、両脚をひざぐらいからもぎ取られた姿で吊るされている
協力すれば解放すると言い、「7年前の拾い物」を用意する
それはラファエラとルシエラの融合体で、対面座位みたいな格好でシャム双生児みたいな感じ
休眠状態にあるそれは外部からのいかなる刺激にも反応しないため
リフルは妖気読みに長けた戦士に内部からの干渉をさせる計画だった
ミリアは戦いの前にやり残した事のある者は、それを済ませるように言う
クレアは西に向かうっぽい

Google Translate:

169: Due to the authors名無し: 2008/07/31 (Thursday) 18:27:55 ID: u7wVeQnY0

From BARESURE

Claymore
Rene was abducted by RIFURU, both legs and his knee was ripped apart much from the吊るさ
Liberation said the cooperation should "hand over seven years ago" to provide
Rafaela RUSHIERA It is a fusion of body and face to face, looking like a sitting position feeling like Siamese twins
It is a dormant state from outside, not react to any stimulus
Youki tadayou RIFURU read the schemer fighters from interference in the internal plan.
MIRIA fight before the unfinished matter of a quick way to say it
Claire is a bias towards the west
Old 2008-07-31, 14:08   Link #3
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
All right! The chapter 82 thread is a go! So far we have two spoilers from 2chan, both probably fake. I prefer the first one over the second personally, more interesting things in that one.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2008-07-31, 14:16   Link #4
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyMan View Post
All right! The chapter 82 thread is a go! So far we have two spoilers from 2chan, both probably fake. I prefer the first one over the second personally, more interesting things in that one.
I'm really not sure what to make of that 2nd spoiler. The translation from Google Translate is crappy like usual. But, definitely better than nothing.

It says something about Rafaela and Luciela fused together? Google Translate says Siamese twins, but I don't think that is accurate since I doubt there will be any conjoined people in the manga.

Maybe more like fused in body and mind? Luciela inside Rafaela?

Hopefully someone who can read Japanese can decipher it better.
Old 2008-07-31, 14:34   Link #5
Flar

Quote:
It says something about Rafaela and Luciela fused together? Google Translate says Siamese twins, but I don't think that is accurate since I doubt there will be any conjoined people in the manga.
If both are truly joined, they probably will jump a shark shortly after.
Old 2008-07-31, 14:53   Link #6
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I really do not see where all this pessimism about the series comes before we even get real spoilers. All this jump the shark talk is pretty insane if you ask me, especially for someone who does not even enjoy Claymore that much in the first place . I know it happens every month but it still grates on me. Not to mention I am already pissed about the chinese not sharing the raws for all series.

The plot for Claymore is going somewhere, and the story will only get darker before we see the light.
Old 2008-07-31, 15:06   Link #7
Flar

Well, it's a matter of taste of course, but a fused raphaela/luciela would just introduce something grotesque, unneeded and breaking the good closure we had with the AO triumvirat, plus it wouldn't make much sense with Riful's comments on the current powers, and would fit badly with the ghost/org dynamics. In my humble opinion, anyway.

And I happen to think someone who is not a rabid fanboy is better able to judge than one whose judgement is clouded by passion, you're welcome
Old 2008-07-31, 15:15   Link #8
tenken627
what Yagi said

Sometimes I agree with you Flar, and sometimes I don't.

I'm curious though, with such disdain that you've shown towards the series, why keep posting here?

I've noticed that you never posted on any of the other forums on Animesuki when you obviously have tastes elsewhere. You only post on Claymore. I've lost interest in other series before, and I would just stop posting or looking through message boards, even though I would finish the series. I would just lose interest and don't even bother with forums.

I'm just wondering.
Old 2008-07-31, 15:17   Link #9
wnmnkh
Not that simple.

Hmm, omg... already end of another month?

I recently gave up catching the discussions here, and now it seems I can't even catch the manga itself.....
Old 2008-07-31, 15:21   Link #10
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

You are playing with fire here Flar. This forum exists only because people enjoy Claymore, and poking us with a stick is not going to help your point. Claiming validation for your theory because you do not like the series as much as others has nothing to do with anyones powers of observation being clouded. Your standpoint is one of disappointment before we even have legitimate information. An overly negative view of the world can be much more dangerous than an overly positive view of the world.

You don't see me going to other forums of series I do not enjoy as much and harassing people because they enjoy them. That would be incredibly bad taste. I have no reason to post in threads that do not interest me, nor vent my frustrations about those series to those who feel a deep kinship with those stories. Doing so would just make me look like a jerk and I have no reason to bring others down when they are in the middle of being excited about something.

The only reason I can think of doing that would be to get a reaction out of people by arguing with them about something we disagree with from the get go because they like something and I do not. The entire premise of posting there would be one of conflict because there would be no way we could ever agree about something where are viewpoints are so different from the get go. I agree with Tenken on this one. I used to be a zelous bleach forum goer at a different site (about a year ago before I saw Claymore) and the more I posted, the more I realized how little the story resonated with me, how repetitive the themes were, etc. I still read and enjoy bleach (quite a bit actually), but the closer I looked the less interested I got. Going to a forum did not do much to engage my enjoyment in that case so I stopped going and just read the manga/watched episodes. That forum was also full of needless bickering and flaming, which really bothered me as well. The community here is much nicer and I enjoy this series much more.
Old 2008-07-31, 15:23   Link #11
racjona

so, maybe those two girls are indeed Luciela and Rafaela ...

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/6630/v14qz6.jpg
Old 2008-07-31, 15:29   Link #12
azarhal

But neither looks like Luciela awakened form or human form (nor Rafaela in human form), looks a bit more like Beth on top of Alicia (not sure of the other twin name right now).

Maybe it's the next level of "soul link" enabled awakening.
Old 2008-07-31, 15:29   Link #13
Flar

Ah come on, I was joking, notice the smiley. Relax, and let's not use the ridiculous argument about who loves the serie more to validate the worth of an opinion, heh?

I'd appreciate if you refrained from telling me my comments had a different worth depending on what you think my opinion of the serie is. Just say I'm negative, putting the ox before the cart, and not open to the good things crazy twists like fused Claymores could bring, if you will.

Edit: @Tenken: I did a fair share of posting in the Nanoha forums and FMP forums back in the day. Fact is, I post in Claymore forums because I do like Claymore (I can understand how some came to the conclusion I hate it, but it's far from the truth), and I like speculating about it, that's all. Like I said, maybe I'm not the most fervent supporter of the serie, nor the most optimistic, positive poster, but that doesn't make me a hater.
Old 2008-07-31, 15:41   Link #14
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I didn't say your opinion was less valid or worthless, I was pointing out that it is less appropriate in this location which is a basically a fanclub for Claymore. Obviously I have strong feelings about other series as well, but you do not see me going to their place of rejoicing and mocking them for enjoying it. Mocking someone for liking the series too much is pretty asinine, especially in the given location.
Old 2008-07-31, 15:46   Link #15
Flar

I'm not mocking the serie, I'm not mocking those who like it differently than me and I'm giving my honest opinion about what I would feel about the serie if it included a specific event that I feel would reduce its worth. Why is that a problem?
Old 2008-07-31, 15:49   Link #16
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flar View Post
Edit: @Tenken: I did a fair share of posting in the Nanoha forums and FMP forums back in the day. Fact is, I post in Claymore forums because I do like Claymore (I can understand how some came to the conclusion I hate it, but it's far from the truth), and I like speculating about it, that's all. Like I said, maybe I'm not the most fervent supporter of the serie, nor the most optimistic, positive poster, but that doesn't make me a hater.
Ah, I understand.

I was just wondering since it seemed that all your posts were of a negative slant towards Claymore. But, maybe that's just because you just like talking to chibamonster and your responses to each other are almost polar opposites.

I don't mind criticism, and I think some of it is relevant to Claymore. But, if someone constantly does it, and rarely says anything that they do like, I tend to wonder, "Why put yourself through this misery?"

It's like a former co-worker of mine who used to constantly complain about where he lived. Complain about the prices, the people, the pace, the traffic, the company where we worked, everything. I just told him, "Why do you stay here then? Just move. No one deserves to be miserable. You don't have anything tying you to here, just go find a place that you like, move, and be happier with your life."
Old 2008-07-31, 15:51   Link #17
myshka

wasnt there a fake spoiler last time about Alicia and Beth being fused? Kinda repetitive....
Old 2008-07-31, 15:55   Link #18
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

If the spoilers are any indication, this should be an exciting chapter.
Old 2008-07-31, 15:58   Link #19
Flar

Ah, but when I want to comment on something awesome, there are already about 4 billions post about it, so to not be redudant I am forced to become analytical about the smallest thing and play at contradicting argumentative, well spoken posters like chibamonster on points I feel should not be left without counterarguments.

Now to get back on track, if instead of fused claymores you would see some politicking, the ghosts setting up HQ in Rabona, kicking tail here and there or even some slice of life pages showing the characters outside of training, fighting and making reports, that would totally rule, if I may say so. Some world expanding, boats, manoeuvring the current powers, non absolute evil opposition, conflict within the ghosts, I'll take it all.
Old 2008-07-31, 16:01   Link #20
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

@tenken: That reminds me of one of my brothers friends who always has something to complain about. It does not matter how things are actually going. He just likes to complain. At first I thought things were actually going badly in his different situations, but as I have listened to him over the years I realized that it does not actually matter how things are going, he will find a reason to complain and be miserable. One of his favorite things to complain about was discrimination. He sees it everywhere. Basically he can find it with anyone who was different than him in any way (not hard when you look) which really makes me laugh at the irony of pointing out "discrimination" in others. When I would ask for clarification of his stories I realized they were often fabrications and the way he imagined the world. Excuses so he could complain more. It is just ingrained into his personality. It is his personality. You can imagine the effect a friend like that has on a person.

@Flar: Yup. It seems you do it for the reactions. That makes sense then.