Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-31, 04:12   Link #81
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, I'd actually be cool with that. In fact, I was sorta hoping we'd have an adventure like that when the Straw-Hats inevitably reach someplace like.... say, the Wano Country in the New World (Samurai Ryuuma's homeland, in case anyone's forgotten). Somehow, I just feel that a location that's (most likely) based on ancient Japan may very well fit that bill...
We already get that in the anime via fillers.

Where's the island the giant's are from? Elbalf? Forgot what it's called and where it's at but that would be kinda cool as well.
Old 2008-08-31, 09:04   Link #82
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosPaladin View Post
i have read the chinese sub and now i seriously think tt the axe of sentoumaru is a df axe. when he is fighting luffy, he mentioned tt his axe still does not need to make an appearance yet. this mean his axe is his hidden weapon and he is not fighting luffy at his full lvl
Yea...it hadn't actually occured to me that the axe might have a DF ability...nice thinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menshi View Post
I know One Piece isn't this predictable, but if Zoro was to sent to Impel Down that would give Luffy a reason to help break Ace out. Which would be a convenient twist.
Another cool theory...I would love to see another 'Strawhats-Rescue Robin' type arc where all the rules are thrown aside and total anarchy reigns!! That arc was sooo much fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Forgot to mention this before, but I like how, despite Rayleigh's help, it doesn't change the fact that the Straw-Hats are in a tight situation. In other mangas these kinds of situations are usually resolved by having a bunch of uber-strong allies appear out of nowhere and taking out the enemies quickly, but this... wasn't the case here.

...that is, unless Kidd and Law reappear next chapter and start tearing s*** up left and right, that is.
This is probably the best scenario, cos I bet everyone is DYING to see Law again...

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-08-31, 09:57   Link #83
Slayerx

Quote:
Forgot to mention this before, but I like how, despite Rayleigh's help, it doesn't change the fact that the Straw-Hats are in a tight situation. In other mangas these kinds of situations are usually resolved by having a bunch of uber-strong allies appear out of nowhere and taking out the enemies quickly, but this... wasn't the case here.
Heh part of me is actually wondering if that's happening with Kuma... i doubt they would send Kuma to help the admiral, he's got things too well covered that Kuma would be overkill...

No i'm kinda thinking Kuma was sent there to tell Kizaru that's he's taken too long or that whitebeard is making his move and that he must report back ASAP... a certain vice admiral will be taking over the situation shortly... Kuma "takes out" Kizaru and then Rayliegh is free to give his support elsewhere. Then we just gotta hope the rest of the strawhats can scramble away from our friends and hide before the figh begins anew
Old 2008-08-31, 10:13   Link #84
7th_dimension

I think zoro went to marieoja... <gorosei flank him>
Old 2008-08-31, 11:13   Link #85
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
haha u know I get this feeling that if Chopper isn't killed here, he'll be killed after by Nami for being so reckless

there our first death of OP(of a main character)
Have you forgotten what Oda mentioned about killing off characters? He mentioned especially that none of the main characters are going to die. Nami if not Franky will only have to stop Chopper from getting out of control.
Old 2008-08-31, 13:49   Link #86
Master Mold
Banned

Good chapter.........
Old 2008-08-31, 14:09   Link #87
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
We already get that in the anime via fillers.

Where's the island the giant's are from? Elbalf? Forgot what it's called and where it's at but that would be kinda cool as well.

The key word here is "filler". Those episodes were "what-if" stories that had no connection to the main story whatsoever. Still, I'd actually find it pretty amusing if the Wano Country arc DID make some reference to those stories (like Luffy and co. wearing those same outfits, for instance)....

And yeah, Elbaf is a good possibility, too. I'd especially like to see Usopp being treated as a "guest of honor" there due to his helping the various giants from that island.

And speaking of Usopp... I wonder if a "Sniper Island" actually does exist in the New World...? His stories tend to come true after all....
Old 2008-08-31, 15:06   Link #88
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Heh part of me is actually wondering if that's happening with Kuma... i doubt they would send Kuma to help the admiral, he's got things too well covered that Kuma would be overkill...

No i'm kinda thinking Kuma was sent there to tell Kizaru that's he's taken too long or that whitebeard is making his move and that he must report back ASAP... a certain vice admiral will be taking over the situation shortly... Kuma "takes out" Kizaru and then Rayliegh is free to give his support elsewhere. Then we just gotta hope the rest of the strawhats can scramble away from our friends and hide before the figh begins anew

I would like to think that Kizaru wouldn't be convinced to leave so easily, but it seems like the only way out of this battle is for Kuma and Kizaru to leave the playing field. However, Kizaru did say that they had to capture the SH's asap so that the upper brass doesn't lose face to the Tenryuubito and now with Rayleigh there, would he really just leave so easily on a Pirates word? Garp is the only one I can see convincing Kizaru to voluntarily leave, Which I'm sure he'll come busting in one of these chapters, the question is of course what will he do?

Last edited by Tommy; 2008-08-31 at 15:17.
Old 2008-08-31, 15:26   Link #89
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Have you forgotten what Oda mentioned about killing off characters? He mentioned especially that none of the main characters are going to die. Nami if not Franky will only have to stop Chopper from getting out of control.
oh u don't need to take me seriously, I was just jokingly ranting away.

Its just the kinda thing Nami would do anyway

plus Chopper would be one of the crew thats near the top of the list of "not gonna die" he is the ships doctor after all.

but this arc it sure sets it up that someone really should die. Its just too big and epic for it not to happen but we all know that doesn't happen....
Old 2008-08-31, 19:57   Link #90
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
but this arc it sure sets it up that someone really should die. Its just too big and epic for it not to happen but we all know that doesn't happen....
Excluding the WB vs WG war which is about to start, my money would be on Rayleigh, he's been around awhile and he's probably done everything in life he needed to.
Old 2008-09-01, 00:39   Link #91
Monkey D. Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Prepare to be left hanging . I seriously doubt that we will find out where Zoro is any time soon, in fact Kuma might state that the only way for Luffy to find Zoro is to either give himself up, or beat the information out of Kuma. Then again, maybe Kuma will just tell Luffy that Zoro was sent to a Hospital in the New World, or something similar.
I think all of those scenarios are possible, it also adds and extra element of tension and suspense to the already hectic chaos. We also know how Luffy gets when something happens to his friends. So with Zoro literally being gone with the wind maybe it's also a possibility that by making Zoro disappear, Luffy will get an extra power surge. Allowing him to ensure the safe escape of the remaining crew and himself or maybe to continue fighting. Whether Kuma did that knowing what it would cause, is another thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
The question is: Is Kuma just asking to be polite and sends the person to a place he decides anyways, or is the answer ultimately connected to the place the person is sent to.
If it's indeed a place, the person decides for himself, I don't think Zoro would choose a place like a hospital or some strange place he never was before.
He would probably choose a place (or a person) he can get stronger at.
So he could for example choose his old master (though it would be unlikely, since he had to go the whole way from East Blue to Saboady again), or maybe he would choose to be teleported to a great swordmaster (maybe even Mihawk).
Well, if i'm right when Kuma first asked that question to Perona and she responded, after Perona realized what she was doing you could see Kuma actually writing inside of his Bible. So maybe if you actually respond to the question he does send you where you desire and in his Bible he writes down the name of the person, or location or seeing as he is an android maybe even the actual coordinates of the location. Unless, the question turns out to just be his catchphrase and he just sends you to wherever he wants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat11 View Post
I think Dragon knows what happened during the void century and that's why hes going against the WG but i don't think Vegapunk is Oharan. I think he ate some sort of DF that allows him to see into the future since Koby said that his invetions are from 500 years into the future. Or maybe the fruit just turned him into a genius. It would kind of interesting if the Luffy found out would happened during the void century and decided to help drangon take down the WG.
I also think that Dragon might know what happened during the Void Century but it's just a guess, maybe even the tattoo on his face might be a big clue to what Dragon really is. I think that the comment about Dr. Vegapunk was just a euphemism about his genius intellect and capabilities about how far ahead he is of everybody, but hey until he is actually revealed everything is possible.

I think the Strawhats will eventually learn about the Void Century, who knows when that will be though.
Old 2008-09-01, 04:13   Link #92
chitgoks

Quote:
oh u don't need to take me seriously, I was just jokingly ranting away.

Its just the kinda thing Nami would do anyway

plus Chopper would be one of the crew thats near the top of the list of "not gonna die" he is the ships doctor after all.

wonder if roger did indeed die? since no one dies in one piece, perhaps he's in impel down and the execution was then a fake. right after roger says one piece, kuma blazingly teleports him and the people sees a fake execution haha
Old 2008-09-01, 17:02   Link #93
marvelB

I still think that Roger bit it, but as he implies in Rayliegh's brief flashback, he's "alive" through his legend. He may have surviving family members, though (heh, I remember when a bunch of people considered him to be Luffy's father before we found out about Dragon...).

And back to Zoro: I'm actually kinda hoping that Zoro's disappearance is prolonged. I just really like the idea of Oda having one of the main characters being forced to sit out of the story for a while due to such serious circumstances. As I've said before, depending on where Kuma sent him, I'd expect Zoro to reunite with Luffy and co. by the time they reach the New World.....
Old 2008-09-01, 17:43   Link #94
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

Exactly. Who is more fit for beeing seperated than the eternal superman Zorro
Old 2008-09-01, 21:27   Link #95
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
wonder if roger did indeed die? since no one dies in one piece, perhaps he's in impel down and the execution was then a fake. right after roger says one piece, kuma blazingly teleports him and the people sees a fake execution haha
maybe kuma is roger? you know how they cuaght him and publicly announced that they executed him. But they really executed a decoy and brainwashed/mindcontrolled kuma and remodeled him into a cyborg so that people won't recognise him.

also explains why he is so obedient to the marines. But maybe he's now slowly awakening which is why he seems to be semi-helpingthe strawhats
Old 2008-09-01, 21:34   Link #96
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Hmm don't know if anyone mentioned it but do you think Luffy will come back to fight Sentoumaru?
Old 2008-09-01, 23:13   Link #97
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Hmm don't know if anyone mentioned it but do you think Luffy will come back to fight Sentoumaru?
Even if Luffy recovers he is still no match for Sentoumaru at this moment and he knows it. It took the whole strawhat crew (to the point of complete exhaustion) just to beat one pacifista, so there is no way that Luffy can contend with Sentoumaru. Remember, Sentoumaru hasn't even gotten serious yet. Rather than trying to fight Sentoumaru another day, Luffy knows that there are much bigger priorities in their current situation, such as getting their ship coated and departing for Fishman Island immediately afterwards.
Old 2008-09-01, 23:14   Link #98
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
maybe kuma is roger? you know how they cuaght him and publicly announced that they executed him. But they really executed a decoy and brainwashed/mindcontrolled kuma and remodeled him into a cyborg so that people won't recognise him.

also explains why he is so obedient to the marines. But maybe he's now slowly awakening which is why he seems to be semi-helpingthe strawhats

I doubt that, because Kuma already had a notorious reputation of being a "tyrant" before becoming a Shichibukai. Furthermore, we don't even know if he was a cyborg when his bounty was active....

I still like the idea of Kuma being a spy for Dragon, though.
Old 2008-09-01, 23:36   Link #99
Blackbeard D. Kuma

There is a really good chance that Kuma is known as the only obedient warlord due to being mistaken for the other pacifistas that follow all orders. So far he has acted entirely on his own volition and has disobeyed direct orders. He doesn't seem all that obedient to me.
Old 2008-09-02, 00:07   Link #100
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
There is a really good chance that Kuma is known as the only obedient warlord due to being mistaken for the other pacifistas that follow all orders. So far he has acted entirely on his own volition and has disobeyed direct orders. He doesn't seem all that obedient to me.
but the fact he actually went to carry out that order is enough to say hes the most obedient out of the Shichibukai, not that he is obedient to the WG.

hes more willing to see what happens while carry out orders but if he sees a reason not to do so, then i guess he won't bother.