AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-03, 13:35   Link #21
Blackbeard D. Kuma

This is quite possibly the biggest cliff-hanger that has been bestowed upon us throughout the whole story so far. Wow. If you think about it though, Oda did come up with a really good way of dealing with the strawhats current predicament. Even with the help of Rayleigh, they still wouldn't have been able to escape; so having them erased by Kuma was very clever on Oda's part considering that they will be gone for three days and three nights, which does coincide nicely with the 3 day duration Rayleigh needs to coat their ship. I cannot even fathom what is going on in the mind of Oda right now, and so I am not even going to bother trying to predict what is going to happen next. If the next chapters that are to follow consist of the Whitebeard pirates vs. Shichibukai battle, then we are in for a real treat.
Old 2008-09-03, 14:17   Link #22
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

oda deserves a f-k-g-ing gold metal
Old 2008-09-03, 14:27   Link #23
karumofin

ah i see, ive always wondered how oda could find a way to have them visit that prison island, i would assume this is the chance to do that.
Old 2008-09-03, 16:54   Link #24
Monkey D. Luffy

This was a smart way for Oda to put the Strawhats on hold for a little while and focus on the other situations about to take place. I was completely fooled into thinking it was only Zoro.

This may also have something to do with Garp and his lack of presence in this whole situation. I mean it would atleast explain why we haven't heard nothing from him since, if he knew Kuma would step in, or maybe he told him to. Also that little exchange of words between Kuma and Rayleigh was very interesting. "You want me to trust what you say?"

I think this is the most "Pirate" we've seen Kuma act yet. While still saying he serves under the Government he stated his position to Kizaru and even said to Rayleigh that he's endangering his position as well. This just makes me speculate about things like his connection to Dragon that much more.
Old 2008-09-03, 17:55   Link #25
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
So how does this 3 days and 3 nights has to be understood?
Does it mean, that they will rematerialize 3 days later, without knowing, that any time has passed, beeing in the same (worn out) state they left with, or does it mean, that they live this three days somewhere else, having time to recover, before reappearing somewhere?

The latter is most likely. Again, the characters were "deflected" by Kuma's DF power (Sentoumaru pretty much confirms this), so I believe the precise amount of time a person spends air-traveling to whatever island Kuma sends them to depends on the distance (the way his power is explained implies that they don't instantly warp to a new location like with Kizaru's ability). However, wherever it was the crew was sent, I think it can be certain that they'll reunite in a coated Thousand Sunny after 3 days' time.

...though I must admit that I'm still unsure about Zoro.

Quote:
Strange... Igot the impression, that the fake-Kumas listen to the orders of the real one... so why did he need to defeat this one?

How can we know for sure that the original Kuma commands the Pacifistas? His body may be the basis for their design, but Vegapunk created them to be the government's "human weapons", so they have control over them. In fact, it looks like the Marine's science unit has more authority over the Pacifistas than the original Kuma, since Sentoumaru was the one barking orders at PX-1.

And frankly, I doubt that Kuma has an interest in commanding the Pacifistas anyway, since he's already showed in this chapter that he doesn't give a rat's sweet patooty about the Marines (and even moreso if he's really a spy for Dragon)...

Quote:
Sounds like he expects to be killed for helping them.

Well, he DOES have to go to war soon....
Old 2008-09-03, 18:08   Link #26
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
How can we know for sure that the original Kuma commands the Pacifistas? His body may be the basis for their design, but Vegapunk created them to be the government's "human weapons", so they have control over them. In fact, it looks like the Marine's science unit has more authority over the Pacifistas than the original Kuma, since Sentoumaru was the one barking orders at PX-1.

And frankly, I doubt that Kuma has an interest in commanding the Pacifistas anyway, since he's already showed in this chapter that he doesn't give a rat's sweet patooty about the Marines (and even moreso if he's really a spy for Dragon).......
Well, Kuma could have sent one of the Pacifistas with the Strawhats so that Zoro could learn how to cut through whatever the Pacifistas are made of.
Old 2008-09-03, 18:31   Link #27
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Well, Kuma could have sent one of the Pacifistas with the Strawhats so that Zoro could learn how to cut through whatever the Pacifistas are made of.

The thing is, the Pacifistas are the government's tools, so it's inevitable that Luffy and co. will encounter more powerful models in the New World anyway. Besides, I don't really see how a critically injured Zoro can fight another Pacifista opponent at this time, even after 3 days' rest....
Old 2008-09-03, 18:38   Link #28
james0246

Quote:
The thing is, the Pacifistas are the government's tools, so it's inevitable that Luffy and co. will encounter more powerful models in the New World anyway. Besides, I don't really see how a critically injured Zoro can fight another Pacifista opponent at this time, even after 3 days' rest....
Zoro's greatest moments come when he is near death. By forcing him in a situation where he is seconds away from death, it is possible that Zoro will advance to the next level.
Old 2008-09-03, 18:47   Link #29
marvelB

Well, I certainly can't argue with that, but I just wonder if he's able to move at this point....

....but I don't doubt that he'll eventually find the way to slice through the Pacifista's armor. I'm just not certain that it'll happen so soon, considering the situation with not only him, but the entire crew.....
Old 2008-09-03, 19:02   Link #30
james0246

Quote:
Well, I certainly can't argue with that, but I just wonder if he's able to move at this point....

....but I don't doubt that he'll eventually find the way to slice through the Pacifista's armor. I'm just not certain that it'll happen so soon, considering the situation with not only him, but the entire crew.....
Well, they do not have to start fighting right off the bat . I could see Zoro and PX-1 landing on a nearby island and neither discovery the other for 2-3 days. And when they finally meet, PX-1 will be at full strength and Zoro will...well, he will have the ability to stand, if nothing else . From that point, Zoro will learn how to cut through Pacifistas.
Old 2008-09-03, 19:59   Link #31
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
By the way, I noticed that the way the chapter ended was pretty similar to the end of Ace's battle with Blackbeard, where we got a narration that spoke of grave tidings being afoot. So yeah, it's most likely that Oda will cut to the government's war with Whitebeard next chapter. Like I said in a previous topic, we should see the rest of Whitebeard's commanders in action. I'm actually quite interested in seeing what Marco's abilities are....
Yeah I said that already.

People Oda is having fun with this thang!!
Old 2008-09-03, 21:59   Link #32
Rainbowman

I just hope you guys are right about the Strawhat crew being alive by the next chapter. (If there's EVER going to be a next chapter) (crying mews)
Old 2008-09-03, 22:35   Link #33
Blackbeard D. Kuma

The fact that Kuma said to Luffy, "We will not meet again...Farewell.", foreshadows that his defeat, or possibly his demise for that matter, is soon to come. If any warlord is to fall in the battle with the whitebeard pirates, I feel that it is going to be Kuma. Things are definitely not looking good for Kuma either way, especially since he said that he is putting his position at risk for what he just did.
Old 2008-09-03, 22:40   Link #34
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I just hope you guys are right about the Strawhat crew being alive by the next chapter. (If there's EVER going to be a next chapter) (crying mews)
LOL, don't worry, the crew is still alive. They are just resting for a time, taking a much needed vacation.
Old 2008-09-03, 23:12   Link #35
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

LOL yea I don't see it ending anytime soon, I would consider it the worst ending EVER if it were to end anytime soon. Even worse than School Rumbles....

Theres still just too much to explain and there really isn't any hint that it would end soon, even with current events.
Old 2008-09-04, 00:53   Link #36
Master Mold
Banned

I just love how the Marines Top flight Admiral and the Ouka Shichibukai Kuma still find distaste in each other, even during a time like this. Mihawk's words about the MHQ and the Ouka Shichibukai being two conflicting groups of equal power hold even more weight.
Old 2008-09-04, 01:15   Link #37
chitgoks

man. even with monstah chopper, he got teleported right away haha

so true, this is the worst cliffhanger of them all.. grrrrrrrr the suspense is killing me
Old 2008-09-04, 05:26   Link #38
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Looking at how Luffy feels, he kinda faced what Moria exactly told him.At this rate they need to get much more stronger to deal with the rest of storyline.Let alone possible end-boss like characters such as Dragon,Blackbeard...They cant even deal with an admiral yet.Judging from the situation in this arc, in the end of the this story Luffy and his crew must be at yonkou level rather than just being goons going theme parks around the world all the time.

Quote:
man. even with monstah chopper, he got teleported right away haha
hell yes another power move just got wasted like Sanji's diable jambe.Sh really need to improve themselves.

Also Im sure the animated version of this arc will be awesome.Now show us what that Whitebeard/??? Shichibukai/Donflamingo truly capable of mr. Oda.Im espically expecting some Donflamingo action in next chapters.
Old 2008-09-04, 07:09   Link #39
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

Well with this Oda has primarily shown us one thing: The Marines and the WG are no joke. I had the feeling that before that arc everybody thought luffy was at yokou level and the wg was just a joke who luffy could trash down. now they suffered a fatal loss even though the overpowerfull Hades King Reilight held of Kizaru. They couldn't even defeat Sentenmaru and one Pacifista.
Old 2008-09-04, 09:06   Link #40
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Imadori View Post
Well with this Oda has primarily shown us one thing: The Marines and the WG are no joke. I had the feeling that before that arc everybody thought luffy was at yokou level and the wg was just a joke who luffy could trash down. now they suffered a fatal loss even though the overpowerfull Hades King Reilight held of Kizaru. They couldn't even defeat Sentenmaru and one Pacifista.
I agree.After CP9 incident no matter how hard the victory was, Sh give a fatal blow to World Goverment by toppling their fav undercover agents and ruining the secret weapon plans.Seems like this arc actually designed for World Goverment payback over Strawhats.Sengoku didnt even cared to send a team after them at first, and Kizaru owned them all like insects.Looks like the bad guys won this time and World goverment got their full respect back hope this defeat will force Strawhats to acknowladge their foes and act more carefully next time.
Closed Thread