AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-05, 13:42   Link #61
Prestige

One Piece isn't romance story but during end of chapter interaction between Nami and Luffy made me think that there could be something deeper between Nami and Luffy than just being nakama.

I am still amazed by this chapter...best goddamn manga chapter I have ever readed.
Old 2008-09-05, 13:56   Link #62
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
If Luffy really said that "I cant even save anyone"...He looks desperate and may decide to improve himself and team even further.Whatever happens after these events, a new kind of genius rubber power-up or a new gear is possible.Also for others, like Sanji may finally learning soru/rankyaku since his legs pretty capable of enduring the pain/exhaustion, that can give himself some "ranged" attack as well.Or just making his own flaming rankyaku version....Or Usopp seeing the terror of new world/Getting Inspired from his dad and leaving toy kabuto behind and becoming a true gunman with his own enchanted rifle and guns.....Or Chopper discovering the dark side of medicines..like toxin bottles or posions like Doc Q.

Somthing has to be done if Oda wants them to survive new world ^^ Im sure he will create some insane abilities for all of them in future

Don't forget there is always the possibility that one of the non DF users in the crew might encounter and eat one.

Now wouldn't that be a shocker.
Old 2008-09-05, 14:35   Link #63
PerkoEyo

I can't believe what happened. but it seems like they have to fly somewhere for 3 days. and I think the thing Kuma told rayleigh about was something about what was going to be of the Mugiwara's and if somethings going to happen with the pirates era don quoxite talked about.
Old 2008-09-05, 15:29   Link #64
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
One Piece isn't romance story but during end of chapter interaction between Nami and Luffy made me think that there could be something deeper between Nami and Luffy than just being nakama.

I am still amazed by this chapter...best goddamn manga chapter I have ever readed.
With what you said, I'm glad that there's someone other than me that thinks deeply about the Luffy x Nami relation.
Old 2008-09-05, 15:36   Link #65
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Damn...I wasnt expecting that emotional chapter after the spoilers.This manga chapter absolutely overpowered everything I've read so far.From now on Im gonna slay the first person who says that Naruto is emotional manga and One Piece is kid stuff.
Old 2008-09-05, 15:36   Link #66
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Don't forget there is always the possibility that one of the non DF users in the crew might encounter and eat one.

Now wouldn't that be a shocker.
I agree on that possibility. I just hope the one non DF user would be Nami who would encounter and eat a Devil Fruit of a certain kind. Perhaps a Zoan type such as the Neko Neko no mi Model Tiger.
Old 2008-09-05, 15:47   Link #67
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Damn...I wasnt expecting that emotional chapter after the spoilers. This manga chapter absolutely overpowered everything I've read so far. From now on Im gonna slay the first person who says that Naruto is emotional manga and One Piece is kid stuff.
I second that motion. The One Piece manga should be ranked at the same level as Naruto in being emotional if not higher.
Old 2008-09-05, 16:09   Link #68
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
it was really interesting chapter, but the most interesting point is when kuma dash near Rayleigh and whispered something to him before he start sending all of SH away...

well if i would guess, he mostly told him don't worry i send them away in a trip but they will be back within 3 day or a week so you will have time coat their ship and they can recover from their wounds...
or something related to dragon, like sending each one of them to location where he can get what he need more training, or time to heal while waiting...

but there was another thing i noticed actually from watching the anime not reading the manga..

remember the babel that Kuma always carry around... it is more obvious in the anime than the manga but it seems that after perona told him or she want to go he opened it, so i think there is a good chance that this babel is just encyclopedia about places, and he only ask or u want to go just to show mercy to someone that he plans on sending flying away to that place.

now i think the fight between Reyliegh and Kaizure will be put to halt... musty Rayleigh will run and start coating SH ship waiting their return
Old 2008-09-05, 16:29   Link #69
ZeroForever

hmm personal theory is i'm guessing kuma since being shown as able to grip even abstract things such as persons exhaustion and pain, may be gripping and throwing them through time. Hence why they completely disappear because they are no longer in that time period, and hence why there is no physical displacement of matter (aka air). Though for all we know it could just as easily be dimensions or what not.

but if kuma has such a power it would explain his tping powers better, he would most definitly know what happened to the void era in the past, as well as it would explain why he knows that the pascafista are a technology 800 years ahead of the current time.

Either way one of the best chapters in a long time, as it was completely unexpected and showed the differences in level that the upper tier people are, while showing luffy emotional break down in a good light.
Old 2008-09-05, 16:54   Link #70
scifijimmy

At the current moment I'm just how are they going to get back together, and who's going to take care the Sunny?
Old 2008-09-05, 18:04   Link #71
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

THey are definately NOT reapearing on this island. Sentenmaru told us so himself.

Woa realy I read all three manga again but compared to this One Piece chapter Bleach bored the crap out of me ( oh new enemy, dominates fight for 3 chapters, Shinigami says something liek "I have to protect XY" or "You underestimated me" and pwnes the Arancar. ALLWAYS.) And Naruto realy made me sick. I was actually a big Naruto Fan for quite a time but now? Since a hundred chapters or so it always goes the same: Enemy apears, enemy seems unbeatable, one sharingan move fight over, Sasuke/itachi wins. And Naruto is always training and learning and is always more special than anyone ever before him.

Ok I had to let this out. One piece is my light at the end of the friday manga tunnel.
Old 2008-09-05, 18:32   Link #72
roroNwA

oyeah...as expected from my fav creator of my fav manga ever!!

the way luffy crying out loud for losing all of his nakama kinda same from onepiece movie no7(baron omatsuri island)..rely touching me..i never love other manga than how i love ONEPIECE!!!
Old 2008-09-05, 18:58   Link #73
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Naruto is just "emo", not emotional. It's always surrounding that Sasuke nowadays doing everything according to his emotions and not thinking through rationally.

As much as I like LuffyxNami, all she said was "help me", I don't think that was enough to suggest anything going on there.
Old 2008-09-05, 19:02   Link #74
Onibur
(ಠ_ಠ)

Nice, Kuma saved them and gave them a reality check especially for Luffy. As a captain he needs to be more serious and plan things out every now and then. And of course they all need to get stronger.

P.S. Can people stop posting how much better OP is than Naruto and Bleach? I know its hard but just keep it to yourself, its your opinion (that I agree with). We don't need to be reminded a bajillion times.
Old 2008-09-05, 20:08   Link #75
Monkey D. Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roroNwA View Post
oyeah...as expected from my fav creator of my fav manga ever!!

the way luffy crying out loud for losing all of his nakama kinda same from onepiece movie no7(baron omatsuri island)..rely touching me..i never love other manga than how i love ONEPIECE!!!
I think that's actually the sixth movie but I know what you mean, it also reminds me of a part in that movie. They're both pretty emotional.

I felt terrible for everyone but especially Luffy, as the Captain he was rendered obsolete. This has to be the worst and best scenario that could have happened to the Strawhats. They get completely crushed at the door of the New World but it also shatters the prior perception that any strong and willing crew would actually be able to sail the seas like they had been doing. It shakes the foundation of their confidence but it also gives it room to strengthen and expand and give them a new form of resolve, that perhaps they lacked if they got too comfortable.

It'll be strange to see though, the fallout of this and how it will affect some of members, specifically some rather than others. Also, the effect it will have on the overall crew and the journey as a whole.
Old 2008-09-05, 21:48   Link #76
marvelB

Y'know, I just remembered something: The scene where Luffy laments not being able to protect his crew brought back to mind what he told Blueno in Enies Lobby about inventing the Gears to prevent the very thing that happened this chapter from happening. Yet, we see how futile the Gears were from stopping Kuma from vanishing all of the Straw-Hats one by one. I think it's more obvious than ever now that this will bring about a Haki-related power-up for Luffy in the near future.... that is, the well-being of his crew will be the "ambition" he needs to grow even further, not just his desire to become Pirate King....
Old 2008-09-05, 22:46   Link #77
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Naruto is just "emo", not emotional. It's always surrounding that Sasuke nowadays doing everything according to his emotions and not thinking through rationally.

As much as I like LuffyxNami, all she said was "help me", I don't think that was enough to suggest anything going on there.
OK HOLD IT! Could you tell me what "emo" means if it's not short for "emotional"?

And another thing, must you taint such evidence of the Luffy x Nami relation even if that evidence is rather small? You should learn how to spot any hints of a love relation no matter how small. Any love relation is like a person: a person is a person no matter how small. The reason that every evidence with Luffy and Nami happen to be so small is that the series has very little focus on romance. It just bothers me that anyone would turn down such small evidence of such relations.
Old 2008-09-05, 23:23   Link #78
AnbuItachi

Well it's pretty difficult to beat a logia type, any logias. They got lucky with Enel and Crocodile because of their obvious weaknesses.. From what i can tell, luffy still can't beat smoker whos only a captain. They need serious leveling up. someone needs a devil fruit!
Old 2008-09-05, 23:32   Link #79
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
Well it's pretty difficult to beat a logia type, any logias. They got lucky with Enel and Crocodile because of their obvious weaknesses.. From what i can tell, luffy still can't beat smoker whos only a captain. They need serious leveling up. someone needs a devil fruit!
thats where the next Strawhat comes in. Maybe with the crew seprated as they are, one of them may come across our next member!

so many possible outcomes, its just mindblowing trying to think of them!!
Old 2008-09-05, 23:44   Link #80
grosboulet

smoker is a commodore now because he supposedly "defeated" crocodile
Closed Thread