Old 2014-04-02, 17:30   Link #7481
crimsonflair
Support Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue66 View Post
A trailer for the anime dub out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O5-jtrIxP8
FUNimation's synopsis:

In a world devastated by mysterious Spatial Quakes, Shidoh isn't what you'd expect in a hero. He's an average Joe who gets bossed around by his adorable little sister and mocked by the popular girls at his school. You'd definitely pick him last for dodge ball, but when it comes to saving the planet from imminent destruction, Shidoh's got one thing going for him: intergalactic hotties can't keep their hands off him! When the secret to stopping the Spatial Quakes turns out to be romancing the extraterrestrial Spirits responsible for all the chaos, Shidoh the loveable loser becomes the hero of all humanity. For every Spirit he makes out with, mankind breathes a little bit easier. Kiss the girls – save the world. That name of the game is driving the space babes crazy, and nobody does it better than Shidoh!

*Sigh* They make it seem like a generic anime.

The dub is average to me, and don't go on a Sub vs. Dub in this thread.
crimsonflair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 17:40   Link #7482
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonflair View Post
FUNimation's synopsis:

In a world devastated by mysterious Spatial Quakes, Shidoh isn't what you'd expect in a hero. He's an average Joe who gets bossed around by his adorable little sister and mocked by the popular girls at his school. You'd definitely pick him last for dodge ball, but when it comes to saving the planet from imminent destruction, Shidoh's got one thing going for him: intergalactic hotties can't keep their hands off him! When the secret to stopping the Spatial Quakes turns out to be romancing the extraterrestrial Spirits responsible for all the chaos, Shidoh the loveable loser becomes the hero of all humanity. For every Spirit he makes out with, mankind breathes a little bit easier. Kiss the girls – save the world. That name of the game is driving the space babes crazy, and nobody does it better than Shidoh!
*removes glasses dramatically*

Oh...my...GOD.

This is pretty accurate, but it's still the kind of synopsis that would normally make me roll my eyes and not touch it with a ten foot pole.

I guess I don't think about something too hard if I like it. And Shidou was a loser? I remember him just being an average guy with a tsundere sister and three bitches that follow him around just to taunt him. Otherwise he's pretty popular.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 17:42   Link #7483
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:
FUNimation's synopsis:

Damn it America why do you feel the insistent need to ruin things, and I watched the trailer and I liked it though could've done been better with out the whole sweet talk line. Also please no arguments over whether or not the dub will be good, it's fine to post your opinion but please do not take it out of hand with numerous posts over it, post your opinion and be done with it
Old 2014-04-02, 17:51   Link #7484
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker213 View Post
Damn it America why do you feel the insistent need to ruin things, and I watched the trailer and I liked it though could've done been better with out the whole sweet talk line. Also please no arguments over whether or not the dub will be good, it's fine to post your opinion but please do not take it out of hand with numerous posts over it, post your opinion and be done with it
one sentence. I really hate the US Dub .

On-topic: I do wonder if shidou seal kurumi will shidou experience on what happen to kurumi like forming a hive mind if his power went out of control
Old 2014-04-02, 17:56   Link #7485
KasaiGojira20
Mad Scientist

One thing. Kurumi is NOT 4 ft 10 inches. Don't know where they got that...
Old 2014-04-02, 18:04   Link #7486
crimsonflair
Support Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasaiGojira20 View Post
One thing. Kurumi is NOT 4 ft 10 inches. Don't know where they got that...
For reference:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post

Spoiler for Official heights and three sizes of the girls:
Kurumi is 5 ft. 1 in. if you convert cm to feet.
Old 2014-04-02, 18:06   Link #7487
Birdway
Banned

I still can't believe Kurumi is bigger han Touka.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 20:11   Link #7488
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Miku is to die for.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 20:53   Link #7489
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue66 View Post
A trailer for the anime dub out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O5-jtrIxP8
In comparison to the original PV this trailer is pretty lacking. Then again, the original PV was set to "Date A Live," so any trailer with generic music will pale in comparison .

They skipped poor Yoshino .

Shidou sounds fine, and I think Kurumi definitely has potential.

Kotori and Origami are okay, though I definitely feel that they are missing something in the characters compared to their original seiyuu's.

Tohka... could be much better .

Looking at this and the Aquarion Evol dub trailer, and comparing it to, say, the trailer for the Toradora! dub, and I can't say I'm fond of Funimation's approach when it comes to trailers. It seems like... I guess it comes off to me like they're just trying to hard to market this to the Western anime fandom, and losing some of the show's appeal in the process, and are ignoring certain aspects of the series in favor of what they think would be more marketable. It's not necessarily "Americanization," but I think it gives off the same vibe.

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-04-03 at 15:56.
Frontier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 21:23   Link #7490
crimsonflair
Support Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
In comparison to the original PV this trailer is pretty lacking. Then again, the original PV was set to "Date A Live," so any trailer with generic music will pale in comparison .

They skipped poor Yoshino .

Shidou sounds fine, and I think Kurumi definitely has potential.

Kotori and Origami are okay, though I definitely feel that they are missing something in the characters compared to their original seiyuu's.

Tohka... could be much better .

Looking at this and the Aquarion Evol dub trailer, and comparing it to, say, the trailer for the Toradora! dub, and I have to say I can't say I'm fond of Funimation's approach when it comes to trailers. It seems like... I guess it comes off to me like they're just trying to hard to market this to the Western anime fandom, and losing some of the show's appeal in the process, and are ignoring certain aspects of the series in favor of what they think would be more marketable. It's not necessarily "Americanization," but I think it gives off the same vibe.
Who knows, Yoshino could have the best voice in the dub (or worst if they
snubbed her for this trailer)

Shidou sounded a bit deeper to my surprise and I don't know what to say about Kurumi.

You mean Kotori's tsundere-ness and Origami's emotionless tone?

I agree with your opinion about Tohka

My problem with how FUNimation is marketing this is it does not have its appeal that I felt it had when seeing the series for the first time. They could have showed it in a more serious light while showing its comedy elements at the same time.
Old 2014-04-03, 01:37   Link #7491
Pikawil

Quote:
FUNimation's synopsis:

You heard it here first, folks: Funi are saying Yoshino is a severe hottie.
Old 2014-04-03, 02:54   Link #7492
whitecloud

hahahaha..intergalactic hottie?? might as well say boobies...
Old 2014-04-03, 03:10   Link #7493
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
I give up us dub is bad

On-topic: do you think on the end of season we will see preview of origami arc?
Old 2014-04-03, 03:11   Link #7494
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius

Quote:
FUNimation's synopsis:

Well, what a nice play of words those marketing guys at Funi are using. They are making it sound like it's your generic harem. well, it is just a generic harem set in a near-apocalyptic world, but they removed the near-apocalyptic part. In fact, they removed every instance of life in it. This piece of paragraph can certainly mislead folks getting into this series, and it's all for the love of dosh.

Anyway, there was once this Facebook page called "What if 4kids got DaL?" and it pretty much shows how Americans can ruin the series altogether. I wonder how they're gonna pull this off now that it became reality. Close to it, anyway.

Pick whatever link, it doesn't matter. It's the same story.
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 03:20   Link #7495
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
I still can't believe Kurumi is bigger than Touka.
So am I...
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 09:52   Link #7496
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
Of course it's serious business, especially when the comparison is supposedly significant.

Spoiler for Official heights and three sizes of the girls:
What I still can't believe is that Miku and Yuzuru's busts are biggger by that much. Kurumi is supposed to be pretty big there too, after all......

And Yoshino is bigger than Kotori?..........
Old 2014-04-03, 10:12   Link #7497
Kakurin
大佐

I'm always stunned by the height of some of those characters. For example Kotori and Yoshino being only 145 and 144 cm. That's seriously mini. The last time I saw a non-disabled person at this height must have been in school looking at those 6th graders or so.
Old 2014-04-03, 10:27   Link #7498
Superbia

Some one posted a bunch of short stories, but I think Mana Mission is the only non summary. That or Yamai Lunchtime and Origami Normalize are really short stories. I'm suprised Shidou could say he liked normal girls without laughing considering what type he dates.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 10:47   Link #7499
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
I'm always stunned by the height of some of those characters. For example Kotori and Yoshino being only 145 and 144 cm. That's seriously mini. The last time I saw a non-disabled person at this height must have been in school looking at those 6th graders or so.
You sure ? Both of them are at the middle school age, not to mention Kotori is Japanese which is shorter than Westerners. Even some of my female friends in highschool are that short.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 11:24   Link #7500
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
You sure ? Both of them are at the middle school age, not to mention Kotori is Japanese which is shorter than Westerners. Even some of my female friends in highschool are that short.
Yep, I'm sure. I haven't seen 145 small 14 years olds in a long, long time. When I was 14 the shortest female classmate I had was something like 155.

Considering that girls mature earlier than boys I think 145 in a well-fed environment can count as small. Though I acknowledge that this depends on the location.

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy