AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-12-14, 12:51   Link #11481
LoveYouSaber

Anyone has any thoughts on the movie name? Does it imply an original story? I was reading a Taiwan website and it was saying the movie would have an original story and that Mayuri is also an original character, with the movie content including dating the spirits as well as a Miku concert.

My source link (in Chinese)
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 13:03   Link #11482
Jonas Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYouSaber View Post
Anyone has any thoughts on the movie name? Does it imply an original story? I was reading a Taiwan website and it was saying the movie would have an original story and that Mayuri is also an original character, with the movie content including dating the spirits as well as a Miku concert.

My source link (in Chinese)
The name has been revealed already. They titled it: Date a Live: Mayuri Judgement. It's as you stated an original story, however I was doubting if Mayuri was a name, thanks for clarifying it to me.
Jonas Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 13:57   Link #11483
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
- A new game is also announced and will be officially announced on 19 December
YYYYEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
But I'm not sure if I'd want it to be another inconclusive game to be pice up in a fourth, or if I'd want it to be a third and final game with actual endings for each of theheroines. The former gives us the possibility of more but at the risk of the fourth being cancelledor simply not approved if sales of the third game are even lower than the third. Making the third game a an alternative finale to the novels means no more DAL VNs, but at least it would be sure to give us real endings for the girls.

Now the question is if the movie is a fill-in until the third season or if it's meant to be its own ending for the anime. Either way, the title definitely makes it an original story.
Old 2014-12-14, 14:07   Link #11484
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Now the question is if the movie is a fill-in until the third season or if it's meant to be its own ending for the anime.
Yeah, hope it your first choice and not a Conclusion for the Anime.
Now it's time to cross the fingers

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 14:34   Link #11485
kagato3

Well we have our number in the name*万由里

万 =10000 so not part of the tree
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 19:06   Link #11486
GotEffed2RageQuit
N.Kurogane x N.Vermillion

Trees should come from lns I guess. Most probably this will also have an ssln too.
Old 2014-12-15, 09:03   Link #11487
Mystic_Vegetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
New infos from Date a Fes 2

Spoiler for date a fes 2:
I love the game series. Guess we'll know more info on the 19th. Hopefully it'll be another PS3 release.
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 16:27   Link #11488
bnguyen14
Dragon Seeker

Peace.
Old 2014-12-15, 16:53   Link #11489
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

^She then eats him...which was another way to get it.

Finally saw the Kurumi OVA, it was indeed nice. Although for an OVA, it seemed it didn't get the proper budget since the "quality" at times were noticeable.
Old 2014-12-16, 03:26   Link #11490
AbootCanada
Season 2 Never

Hey guys I just got into the series and I have a few questions:
Where does the anime end off in the light novel?
After watching Kurumi's ova, I heard people saying that it really was her on the date and that the clone was the one who took her out/teleported her (similar incident happened later making this possible?). Is this true or just speculation?
AbootCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-16, 04:02   Link #11491
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbootCanada View Post
Hey guys I just got into the series and I have a few questions:
Where does the anime end off in the light novel?
After watching Kurumi's ova, I heard people saying that it really was her on the date and that the clone was the one who took her out/teleported her (similar incident happened later making this possible?). Is this true or just speculation?
The 2nd season of anime ends in volume 7. But I recommend to read the novel from the beginning, it's much better.

No, that was the clone on the date all along.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-16, 04:44   Link #11492
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
The 2nd season of anime ends in volume 7. But I recommend to read the novel from the beginning, it's much better.

No, that was the clone on the date all along.
The same clone who got killed by the original on the rooftop.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-16, 05:21   Link #11493
ImperialFlameGod8190

^Yep im pretty sure it says that i didnt bother finishing it because i knew what would happen. (Ironically it one of the other short stories Cat Coffee a Live it actually is the real one whose saved by a clone)

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-16, 10:06   Link #11494
kagato3

Keep in mind that the clones still are Kurumi just pulled from different points in her personal time line. She also tends to recreate the same ones over and over.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-16, 15:02   Link #11495
AbootCanada
Season 2 Never

Ye I caught her explaining that it was her clone from the rooftop. But part of me just wanted to believe that that was the real her and it was instead the clone dragging her away at the end ;_; .
Old 2014-12-16, 17:52   Link #11496
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbootCanada View Post
But part of me just wanted to believe that that was the real her and it was instead the clone dragging her away at the end ;_; .
I think technically it is still her. Like an a subconscious part of her she hides deep within herself because the "Main" one is pretty jaded &/or world weary.

It's safe to assume that she is connected to her clones & their memories (so I think in a way she did 'experience' the date), it's just that she's quite "professional" about it most of the time (business before pleasure so to speak).

Mostly wishful thinking but quite possible...
Old 2014-12-16, 17:58   Link #11497
AbootCanada
Season 2 Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
I think technically it is still her. Like an a subconscious part of her she hides deep within herself because the "Main" one is pretty jaded &/or world weary.

It's safe to assume that she is connected to her clones & their memories (so I think in a way she did 'experience' the date), it's just that she's quite "professional" about it most of the time (business before pleasure so to speak).

Yeah that's what I was speculating too, but part of me is still hoping that it was the "main" her like in the santa/cat story.

A man can hope ;_;
Old 2014-12-16, 19:10   Link #11498
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post

I dont disagree with the first point i think its something different. Kurumi strikes me as an avenger somebody who has a goal and wants to complete that goal at all costs. She stopped the clone because if she falls in love she cant complete that task she wants to be hated she wants to be feared that was shown when she tried to force shidou's hand during vol 3. Its not that she's jaded or business before pleasure but she knows that Shidou can distract her from the goal she wants and she wants to avoid that.

In a way (and dont blast me for this) but she's kinda like Sasuke because IMO Sasuke knew that the only way he could complete his goal of killing Itachi was to leave the Leaf village note that he used Juugo karin and suigetsu in the same way Kurumi uses the clones and how she used shidou when he went to save tohka. They are a means to an end.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-16, 19:56   Link #11499
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

^Ah, yes. My words were not the most accurate/best chosen but I do agree that everything she'd done, no matter how extreme, is for that greater "Goal or Objective" that is she truly believes is above everything else.

She was called "kind" by that mysterious stranger after all.
Old 2014-12-17, 01:34   Link #11500
AbootCanada
Season 2 Never

I've caught up with the novels finally. Can we expect the next volume to be released on the 20th the way the release dates are going or further in the future?

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy