AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-15, 23:05   Link #41
Midonin
Last Engage

Even more than the love gossip, Namika's circular conversation made my head hurt. I can see why Kaede was getting a little flustered there.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 07:23   Link #42
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

It seemed to me that Kaede got flustered only after Namika suggested that the nurse should marry her brother. I suspect that Kaede is crushing on Kyosuke, further evidenced by the way she reacted in the lunch line when he showed up.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 08:39   Link #43
Dop
Mmmm....

It was pretty obvious that Kaede fancied Kyosuke, but I think the highlight of this week's episode was the song, that was pure genius!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 09:40   Link #44
wormspeaker

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
My sisters are older then me, but seriously, if one of them had asked me to shave their back I would have taken my own life.
I'm pretty sure she's just trolling her brother. That seems like her personality.

I think this anime has singlehandedly convinced me that I need to marry an "Osaka Okan." (Don't tell my fiancee.)
wormspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 16:51   Link #45
Itlandm
Porcupine

I suspect that it is a sign that I have watched way, way too much anime, when this series makes me - a foreigner - laugh out loud with pretty much every episode.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 16:53   Link #46
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
I suspect that it is a sign that I have watched way, way too much anime, when this series makes me - a foreigner - laugh out loud with pretty much every episode.
I may be guilty of watching too many myself cause this show tickles my fancy as well. I laughed at how it is a step-by-step process for her to absorb the particulars of the conversation she was having with her friend. She is so cute.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 22:06   Link #47
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

This show is a great, quick-acting anti-depressant! There's just isn't anything to complain about it. On a minute-by-minute basis, it packs more punch than just about any other comedy anime out there. Plus, Namika is the cutest imouto since, well, is there a cuter one?

I've already re-watched all of the episodes more times than almost any other anime I've ever re-watched. Never a dull moment. And those ED lyrics are the icing on the cake!
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 06:13   Link #48
garbage

de dounattanda? HAHA man that gave me stitches! so true so true

yeah it does seem Kaede likes Kyosuke, had that feeling from the first she showed up...but i do like her she seems cool, ang Iguchi great again as VA, "EH!!", go for it Kyosuke ^^ ( of course it's not that kind of show.....)

and Namika whew, well just like that conversation things like that can be pretty annoying but with Namika somehow it becomes funny and endearing, same as with her trolling her brother every opening & all those ending songs ^^
Old 2013-02-17, 07:33   Link #49
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I may be guilty of watching too many myself cause this show tickles my fancy as well. I laughed at how it is a step-by-step process for her to absorb the particulars of the conversation she was having with her friend. She is so cute.
Dengana mangana.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 11:01   Link #50
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
This show is a great, quick-acting anti-depressant! There's just isn't anything to complain about it. On a minute-by-minute basis, it packs more punch than just about any other comedy anime out there. Plus, Namika is the cutest imouto since, well, is there a cuter one?

I've already re-watched all of the episodes more times than almost any other anime I've ever re-watched. Never a dull moment. And those ED lyrics are the icing on the cake!
Agree on this. I means Namika packed more characters than almost any imouto ever appearing anime. The flash animation made her underrated, but surely would be imouto of the season, or even the year for me.
Old 2013-02-22, 23:08   Link #51
Midonin
Last Engage

Kyousuke's opening narration is getting faster, and Namika's getting even bolder. It's hard to guess the quality of boobs in Flash animation, but the quality of demonstrative pronouns (I love wordplay) is easily accessible in any form. Her tendency to make everything into a gag is one of those traits that I love without even needing any deeper context. Though as the show goes on, I wonder how much of this is the Osaka experience filtering its way through Namika, and how much of it was what Namika was like before that. Y'know, nature vs nurture.
Old 2013-02-23, 03:38   Link #52
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Kyousuke's opening narration is getting faster, and Namika's getting even bolder.
Eh. I'd say her boldness peaked when she accused him of masturbating to her.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 17:29   Link #53
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Eh. I'd say her boldness peaked when she accused him of masturbating to her.
But that was just a tease. Last week she even let him catch a glimpse of her underwear... And tell him to sniff her gym clothes this episode. Too bad it's clean through.

Two key points which made this anime for me, Namika's tease and her being energetic. Damn it, i wish this anime is hundred episodes long
Old 2013-02-27, 12:31   Link #54
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
But that was just a tease. Last week she even let him catch a glimpse of her underwear... And tell him to sniff her gym clothes this episode. Too bad it's clean through.

Two key points which made this anime for me, Namika's tease and her being energetic. Damn it, i wish this anime is hundred episodes long
Indeed. This show is so simple in its design, yet so incredibly entertaining.
Old 2013-03-01, 23:08   Link #55
Midonin
Last Engage

That opening scene... dammit, Namika, stop making me want to see you traditionally animated. So what I've taken from this episode is that Namika is extremely personable and really good at winging it. I'd call her a snake oil salesman if she were indeed trying to sell something. Also, Yuka Iguchi played the old lady, the celebrity and the foreign dude. For someone who I mostly knew from playing flustered girls who are controlled by birds (pre-Rei, anyway), she's testing her range in the most comedic way here.

gdgd is getting experimental, Ai Mai Mii is insane, and Yama no Susume is demonstrating considerable character growth. But this show, for an animated guidebook, is providing a surprising amount of things to discuss. Viva short fiction!
Old 2013-03-08, 23:05   Link #56
Midonin
Last Engage

What I got out of this week is "Namika has the potential to be a foodie." Food has an important role in Japanese culture anyway, but this episode was all about it. And also about money saving, like most of Namika's rules are. And armpit hair. There's a way to be kinky without being explicit. (Or maybe that's just how I'm reading it.)
Old 2013-03-09, 09:13   Link #57
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Food is a religion in Osaka even by Japanese standards, and this is a nation obsessed with the sybaritic pleasures of food. I got the feeling that this episode wanted to acknowledge that the aspect of Osakan culture Namika expressed made perfect sense, from the point of view of everyone concerned.

I just love the ending songs. "My tears make it even saltier..."
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 13:26   Link #58
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Just finished watching the final episode and it was good. Most of the series revolves around Namika's fun antics with her brother, and I enjoyed some episodes a lot. While the educationnal formula pretty much stays the same, it do have some variety in themes and the artwork looks nice even though it was low-budget in the first place. Too bad I really want to see more Namika's antics if the second season was truly brought.

The show will also be planned to have 6 BD/DVD volumes, and the first one, which was illustrated by Miwa Oshima, has better character designs, and I really wish the show will have artwork like this (which doesn't say anything bad though) :
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 23:09   Link #59
Midonin
Last Engage

The Flash anime that changed my opinion on Flash anime. I'd already adjusted to shorts, but in this season, I came to love both cheap CGI (gdgd) and Flash (this). It helps that Namika is a charming character, and I like that the last episode referenced a currently airing show with Kana Asumi - Sasami. Good choice to save that light novel joke for the end. Though Namika's last song barely has any lyrics to speak of.

The food conversation brought up some bad memories of coffee-tachi (once again, damn you, TV-Nihon), but it was necessary for the Osaka lesson, so I'll let it slide. The fake Osakan was a charming way to finish things off. One of the more educational series I've seen, and even the flash animation got to have its own charm by the end. It's no worse than some of the stuff I've seen in a visual novel. And kudos to Yuka Iguchi for playing so many roles.

And that is how it is.
Old 2013-03-15, 23:55   Link #60
garbage

awww it's over, it was short but such a wonderful fun run ... will be missing this.