Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-04, 19:28   Link #2421
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
As much as I try to like NGE I just can't bring myself to like it. Honestly, I've always felt that a lot of the popularity from NGE comes from the same place that popularity for Higurashi comes from. It's mature and senselessly vague.
At least NGE gets remembered! No one is talking about TTGL anymore, which was a lot better than NGE.

In NGE a mature story was made out of a "straightforward message to the reader"

In TTGL a mature message was hidden inside a great, but straightforward story.

I hope Gainax will hold this positive trend up...
Old 2013-07-04, 23:41   Link #2422
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Actually I kind of hate Gurren Lagann or specifically its fandom.
Old 2013-07-06, 10:25   Link #2423
SummeryDreams

Okay, what a very good thread.. I've been wondering this as well for like, oh my God.. months? Why do people like ”The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya” a lot? I can't seem to appreciate it, like seriously.. Anyone could help me appreciate it?
Old 2013-07-06, 19:24   Link #2424
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummeryDreams View Post
Okay, what a very good thread.. I've been wondering this as well for like, oh my God.. months? Why do people like ”The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya” a lot? I can't seem to appreciate it, like seriously.. Anyone could help me appreciate it?
First season was great.

Second season = Endless Eight.

Quote:
As much as I try to like NGE I just can't bring myself to like it. Honestly, I've always felt that a lot of the popularity from NGE comes from the same place that popularity for Higurashi comes from. It's mature and senselessly vague.
I tried watching the first two of the newer movies to see if I'd like it. While I did like the first movie(Shinji didn't seem to be such a goddamn pain in the ass), the second movie confirmed why I hated this series in the first place.

The art looks great in the third movie but HELL NAW.

It's seriously the worst series that I've seen. Everyone is unlikable except Pen Pen

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-06 at 23:19. Reason: merge double-post
Old 2013-07-07, 12:55   Link #2425
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
First season was great.

Second season = Endless Eight.
What makes the first season great? Could you give me a sort of a review as I really couldn't appreciate it.. Was thinking why do people like it so much..
Old 2013-07-07, 20:48   Link #2426
Kintoun

Quote:
What makes the first season great? Could you give me a sort of a review as I really couldn't appreciate it.. Was thinking why do people like it so much..
It's really been a while since I saw it, but I remember liking it as a whole (at least the first season. I couldn't really bring myself to watch the whole Endless Eight thing). Naturally, I also cannot speak for everybody, but I guess I'll try to elaborate on why I remember Haruhi's anime as a good series.

Spoiler for Giant wall of text and spoilers for all of season one of Haruhi:
All said, if you want to give Haruhi another shot, I recommend you watch the movie The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi. I recently watched it and I think it explores everything I personally liked about the series. Although, I don't really like the idea of forcing yourself to like something. It's not like there is a deity telling us anime fans with we must like and what we must not.

On-Topic: I can't get behind Shingeki no Kyojin. I considered the setting interesting, but I found the atmosphere of despair monotonous after the first five episodes. I find the trio of main characters unappealing and the rest of the cast forgettable. I find it hard to empathize with Ellen since all we see him do is being angry at people and killing stuff.

Last edited by Kintoun; 2013-07-07 at 21:28.
Old 2013-07-09, 13:23   Link #2427
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintoun View Post
It's really been a while since I saw it, but I remember liking it as a whole (at least the first season. I couldn't really bring myself to watch the whole Endless Eight thing). Naturally, I also cannot speak for everybody, but I guess I'll try to elaborate on why I remember Haruhi's anime as a good series.

Spoiler for Giant wall of text and spoilers for all of season one of Haruhi:
All said, if you want to give Haruhi another shot, I recommend you watch the movie The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi. I recently watched it and I think it explores everything I personally liked about the series. Although, I don't really like the idea of forcing yourself to like something. It's not like there is a deity telling us anime fans with we must like and what we must not.

On-Topic: I can't get behind Shingeki no Kyojin. I considered the setting interesting, but I found the atmosphere of despair monotonous after the first five episodes. I find the trio of main characters unappealing and the rest of the cast forgettable. I find it hard to empathize with Ellen since all we see him do is being angry at people and killing stuff.
I guess I'm watching it again... I don't want to be some kind of weird person who can't appreciate the majority do.. I might be lacking something that is why I can't figure this anime out so I guess I'll watch this again some other time..
Old 2013-07-09, 21:05   Link #2428
Vegard Aune

Quote:
I guess I'm watching it again... I don't want to be some kind of weird person who can't appreciate the majority do.. I might be lacking something that is why I can't figure this anime out so I guess I'll watch this again some other time..
Why? There's nothing inherently wrong with disagreeing with the general opinion... I mean, oh sure, maybe you were just missing something that prevented you from enjoying the anime to its fullest, but then again, it's entirely possible that it just wasn't your thing, so to speak.
Old 2013-07-10, 07:59   Link #2429
Traece
:cool:

Perhaps I'm wrong by saying this, but I think that a lot of the appeal of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya came from its unique premise. The ideas behind that show have been pretty widely repeated by the industry (including the characters from the show, because Haruhi had to be in everything for years e_e), so looking back on it now the series probably doesn't seem that special.

Also, despite the lack of TTGL discussion these days, I'm not aware of it being even disliked by a majority. For the longest time people raved and ranted about TTGL and although fleeting, people do still reference a lot of the dialogue from the early half of the show. "BELIEVE IN ME WHO BELIEVES IN YOU!" And don't even get me started on what happens if you so much as mention the concept of a drill. It was a strange show, but it really wasn't bad.

I'm not sure if I asked this before, but do a lot of people actually like Nana? When I was watching it for the first time all those years ago it started interesting but then quickly divulged into this very hard-to-watch drama.
Old 2013-07-10, 08:21   Link #2430
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Haruhi combines zany anime hijinks with serious sci-fi in a pretty unique way. At least for its time.

I also think Kyon narration goes a long way to determining if a person likes the show or not. The show has a lot more character-based narration than most anime shows do, and I think for many of the show's fans, that's one of its edges.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-07-10 at 10:24.
Old 2013-07-10, 08:29   Link #2431
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Highschool DxD (season 1): boobtastic show, craptastic story, dulltastic characters (except one).

Rias is the sole reason I finished the first season some time ago. Now I see that the new season is here. Meh, I think I’ll watch it when I don’t have anything better to watch or do.
Old 2013-07-10, 09:46   Link #2432
SummeryDreams

Maybe I've just misjudged the series even before watching the episode one that's why my negativism pursued up to the end of episode 6 where I stopped.. Maybe I should watch that again one of this days with a clear. unbiased mind to ensure a good review of my own for Haruhi...

Last edited by SummeryDreams; 2013-07-10 at 11:33.
Old 2013-07-11, 00:14   Link #2433
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:

I'm not sure if I asked this before, but do a lot of people actually like Nana?
Yes. It is incredibly popular. I have not viewed it though...and I consider myself to be a connoisseur of shoujo....
Old 2013-07-12, 07:31   Link #2434
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
I'm not sure if I asked this before, but do a lot of people actually like Nana? When I was watching it for the first time all those years ago it started interesting but then quickly divulged into this very hard-to-watch drama.
Yeah, I think its pretty well liked. The characters are, obviously, the major attraction and the voice acting too (for me anyhow). It's one of the better (or is it the only one? hmm...) dramas I have seen.

I'm still waiting for the manga to resume. Its been what, 3-4 years since it went on hiatus.
Old 2013-07-12, 15:50   Link #2435
Miraluka
Banned

I hated Clannad AS.
Spoiler for Clannad After Story Ending:

Btw, I hate Nagi no Asukara already despite the fact it has yet to air on October. The manga is vomitive with its cheap romance cliches and annoying female character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
I personally hate and despise every anime with annoying, overly violent, overly self-important, tsundere main heroines that spend 99% of their screentime kicking the protagonists' ass, being ungrateful despite the fact that they're completely dependant and being hindrance rather than help for their pals, completely in self denial with their own feelingsand hindering any nice and kind girls that try to get close with the male protagonists although they themselves are not their girlfriends.

Perfect examples :

Zero no Tsukaima : This one is trash
Toradora : Stinking pile of garbage
Ore no Imouto : Complete dung
I know that feel bro... Wait, deja vu!!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-13 at 22:04.
Old 2013-07-12, 16:36   Link #2436
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I hated Clannad AS.

Old 2013-07-12, 16:51   Link #2437
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post

Sorry to say this but I hate your avatar's character(Manaka) what a way to waste Hanakana on her :S.

Old 2013-07-12, 17:01   Link #2438
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:

Quote:
Sorry to say this but I hate your avatar's character(Manaka) what a way to waste Hanakana on her :S.
BE with POcari and file a suite...

Old 2013-07-12, 17:10   Link #2439
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:

Quote:
BE with POcari and file a suite...
No-meme.jpg

Well, is it because of the manga I just read hourse ago.

Like I said several times: wow, thats a very plain retarded female character and her plot is one that you can find in any cheap romance manga from the bunch that involves a triangle (which can be as bad as Kazumi x Yuuji x Shana from SnS series. Really, who believed that crap?).

It makes me sad because my prediction became true and its scary =_=

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-13 at 22:05.
Old 2013-07-12, 17:14   Link #2440
NoemiChan
Banned

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-13 at 22:05.
Closed Thread