AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-06, 22:09   Link #6821
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Back to the former off-topic, I always went for the Touma-Biribiri end. It's just way too obvious for me .
Old 2010-12-06, 22:17   Link #6822
Flere821
Lurker

Personally, I'm thinking Touma+Mikoto end is probably the most likely. But I certainly won't mind if Itsuwa/Kaori ends up taking him if the plot wraps it up in a believable way.

I definitely don't see Touma+Index pairing as a romantic one possible though.
Old 2010-12-06, 22:30   Link #6823
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Chances are a LN series will be around 10-15, but for those that goes over that it might end around 20-something. As TAMNI already went past 22, plus the SS novels (which brings it up to 24 Index ones if the Kanzaki and Stiyl ones don't count), I'm guessing this series might go to around 30ish.
My guess is 30 that seems to be the author favorite number .
Old 2010-12-06, 23:59   Link #6824
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
Back to the former off-topic, I always went for the Touma-Biribiri end. It's just way too obvious for me .
Really? I don't see Touma viewing her romantically at all. Nor anyone else, for the matter.
Old 2010-12-07, 07:37   Link #6825
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

My bet is on remains as current relationship end romantically XD.
Old 2010-12-07, 07:37   Link #6826
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Really? I don't see Touma viewing her romantically at all. Nor anyone else, for the matter.
maybe Touma will sacrifice his life or went to heaven this way the author have no problem with the girls in TAMNI (but maybe with the fans)
Old 2010-12-07, 07:59   Link #6827
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmm, I just read /a/non translation and comparing it to my understanding on the original Japanese version, there's some part that I feel is completely different from the original meaning. Anybody who has read the original japanese version could verify whether it's just me mistranslating or not?
Old 2010-12-07, 08:31   Link #6828
Necorum

To aru majutsu no Index.... too long.....
I remembered the story of the Trinity blood. It was epic fail.
So... 35 vol. is enough.
Old 2010-12-07, 08:49   Link #6829
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Hmm, I just read /a/non translation and comparing it to my understanding on the original Japanese version, there's some part that I feel is completely different from the original meaning. Anybody who has read the original japanese version could verify whether it's just me mistranslating or not?
I'm not gonna re-read that section right now, but if you could give some examples of which parts you think are off, I can go check.
Old 2010-12-07, 11:36   Link #6830
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
I'm not gonna re-read that section right now, but if you could give some examples of which parts you think are off, I can go check.
For example,

「以前の自分の事なんて思い出せないけど、どんな気持ちで|最期《さいご》の時を迎えたのか、もうイメージ もできないけど。でも、ボロボロになるとか、記憶がなくなるまで戦うとか。自分一人が
傷つき続ける理由はどこにもないとかさ」

多分、そういう事を言うために、記憶がなくなるまで体を張ったんじゃないと思うんだよ」

was translated into

"I can't remember anything from my past self, but I can't picture the feelings I had when I faced down the end. But, getting beat up or keeping on fighting until I lose my memories, there's no reason for me to keep getting hurt by myself."

"Probably, I don't think I kept risking my life to the point where I lost my memories."

From my understanding, it should be translated into

"Although I can't remember about myself from before, although I can't even imagine how I feel during how I face that last moment. But whether getting beat up, fighting until I lose my memory, or that there's no reason to keep getting hurt alone"

"I think probably, that I didn't keep exerting my body until I lost my memory to say those things "

The first part is not that different, but /a/non missed the bolded part and that make the whole sentence kinda lose it original meaning.

My english is not that good, which is the reason I didn't help translating this great novel because a lot of time I can't find the right english word so I'm sure my translation is far from perfect. It's just that I feel the previous translation have very different meaning from removing one phrase from the original work.

Well, there's also the possibility that I misunderstand what the original phrase mean, that's why I'm asking people that understand Japanese to verify if it's true or not XD

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2010-12-07 at 11:56.
Old 2010-12-07, 11:40   Link #6831
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
IT'd be nice to be extended like how in bleach aizen was like forever the main bad guy and now they started anew.
Oh, please, no.
Old 2010-12-07, 14:56   Link #6832
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Oh, please, no.
Guess i dont want it to end. It has such a good story. IDK maybe if one of the other good novels become an anime and i get interested. Too bad chrome shelled regios stopped.
Old 2010-12-07, 16:08   Link #6833
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Personally, I'm thinking Touma+Mikoto end is probably the most likely. But I certainly won't mind if Itsuwa/Kaori ends up taking him if the plot wraps it up in a believable way.

I definitely don't see Touma+Index pairing as a romantic one possible though.
why do you think that?, im not beign ironic, its just that probably you have readed more of the ligth novel than most of us, and would like to know why you think that.
Old 2010-12-07, 19:10   Link #6834
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
For example,

「以前の自分の事なんて思い出せないけど、どんな気持ちで|最期《さいご》の時を迎えたのか、もうイメージ もできないけど。でも、ボロボロになるとか、記憶がなくなるまで戦うとか。自分一人が
傷つき続ける理由はどこにもないとかさ」

多分、そういう事を言うために、記憶がなくなるまで体を張ったんじゃないと思うんだよ」

was translated into

"I can't remember anything from my past self, but I can't picture the feelings I had when I faced down the end. But, getting beat up or keeping on fighting until I lose my memories, there's no reason for me to keep getting hurt by myself."

"Probably, I don't think I kept risking my life to the point where I lost my memories."

From my understanding, it should be translated into

"Although I can't remember about myself from before, although I can't even imagine how I feel during how I face that last moment. But whether getting beat up, fighting until I lose my memory, or that there's no reason to keep getting hurt alone"

"I think probably, that I didn't keep exerting my body until I lost my memory to say those things "

The first part is not that different, but /a/non missed the bolded part and that make the whole sentence kinda lose it original meaning.

My english is not that good, which is the reason I didn't help translating this great novel because a lot of time I can't find the right english word so I'm sure my translation is far from perfect. It's just that I feel the previous translation have very different meaning from removing one phrase from the original work.

Well, there's also the possibility that I misunderstand what the original phrase mean, that's why I'm asking people that understand Japanese to verify if it's true or not XD
I think that line should be translated to:
"I think I probably pushed my body until I lost my memories in order to say that."
Old 2010-12-07, 20:01   Link #6835
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
why do you think that?, im not beign ironic, its just that probably you have readed more of the ligth novel than most of us, and would like to know why you think that.
Its more a matter of which kind of character you like rather than which kind of character the character itself likes.
Tastes.
Old 2010-12-07, 20:11   Link #6836
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well yeah but he says momst possible, and i assume he has a reason for saying that, since i havent readed most of the novels, just like the relation beetween fukiyose and touma, i thougth it was different from the cooments i readed about that.
Old 2010-12-07, 20:16   Link #6837
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Well , he probably thinks Touma/Misaka is the most likely because they've spent the most time together, had the most semi-romantic moments, etc

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2010-12-07, 22:15   Link #6838
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Well , he probably thinks Touma/Misaka is the most likely because they've spent the most time together, had the most semi-romantic moments, etc
Well yeah, Mikoto has the home-team advantage, being in the same city as him and sees him a lot more than others (except Index). And since to me Index doesn't seem like a romantic partner that leaves Mikoto as the most likely choice.

And that to me 'First Girl Wins' seems like the most likely outcome here.

As for Itsuwa and Kaori, it's just that maybe Touma might end up happier with these two than with Mikoto (highly subjective POV). Still, Touma+Mikoto probably have a higher chance happening.

Though I'd rather Mikoto take him than eg being dragged into working for UK by Lessar or *gasp* turned into Bardway's toy.
Old 2010-12-07, 22:34   Link #6839
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Well yeah, Mikoto has the home-team advantage, being in the same city as him and sees him a lot more than others (except Index).
Home-team? Doesn't both Touma and Index live in the same room?

Quote:
And that to me 'First Girl Wins' seems like the most likely outcome here.
The question is: First girl on what?

First girl to appear? Mikoto was.
First girl to be properly introduced to Touma? Index was.
First girl to be saved? Index was.
First girl he thinks? idem.

Even the "first girl" question tends to be subjetive.
Old 2010-12-07, 22:40   Link #6840
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Home-team? Doesn't both Touma and Index live in the same room?

The question is: First girl on what?

First girl to appear? Mikoto was.
First girl to be properly introduced to Touma? Index was.
First girl to be saved? Index was.
First girl he thinks? idem.

Even the "first girl" quetion is subjetive.
First girl he saw naked? Index.... or was she?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen