AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-10-08, 04:25   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Chapter 420 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant part of the chapters. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 04:49   Link #2
Rahan

Confirmed spoiler and pics are out

Spoiler for pics:

Spoiler for confimed script:

What's the point of the cover now that half of them have been proved irrelevant by dying offscreen ?

Last edited by Rahan; 2008-10-08 at 08:11. Reason: posted the full script instead of my rant about it + refreshed the pics links.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 05:55   Link #3
Gamma_Sennin

looks like the start of something epic... and what the hell is that pic of naruto as a frog:S is that his hermit mode -.- ...

anyways kakashi just got owned.. cant wait to see wat tsunade is capable of.. and more importantly naruto... im not sure if my expectations are to high... maybe im building myself up for a huge disappointment... fingers crossed..
Gamma_Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 06:08   Link #4
monster

Another stated risk for Naruto's new technique? And why would they want Naruto back?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 06:25   Link #5
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Oh, damn. Looks like everything just went to hell in a handbasket.

Naruto better get some pwnage in with his new awesome sage powers!!!
Old 2008-10-08, 06:36   Link #6
Gradlein
The Lazy Scholar

Send a message via Yahoo to Gradlein
I don't get it. Tsunade wants Naruto, the jinchuriki, back in Konoha while the one hunting him is invading the village?!
Gradlein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 07:42   Link #7
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradlein View Post
I don't get it. Tsunade wants Naruto, the jinchuriki, back in Konoha while the one hunting him is invading the village?!
lol it's obviously to pimp whatever technique naruto "learns", it doesn't need to make sense, they just need the opportunity
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 07:49   Link #8
Mists

This chapter seriously begs the question. If pain can enter Konoha like that, why didn't he enter the other countries and steal their bijuu?

Granted this could all be a diversion...but wtf that big explosion? It's not a surprise anymore.
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 08:31   Link #9
Prestige

Sounds nice and action packed chapter

Though Tsunade calling Naruto back sounds major plot-hole to me... Yeah it gives opportunity to show Narutos new powers and revenge Jiraya but it's way too obvious and Tsunade is really acting stupid for recalling Naruto...it is basically what Pain want's and Tsunade probly don't have any clue of Naruto's progress at this point.

OR

She just want's to give Naruto to Pain and tell him to get him and leave her village alone . Well atleast makes more sense than first option
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 08:55   Link #10
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post

Though Tsunade calling Naruto back sounds major plot-hole to me... Yeah it gives opportunity to show Narutos new powers and revenge Jiraya but it's way too obvious and Tsunade is really acting stupid for recalling Naruto...it is basically what Pain want's and Tsunade probly don't have any clue of Naruto's progress at this point.
Tsunade has always been stupid when it comes to Naruto. She should have never sent him after Akatsuki when she had stronger ninjas available (and Jiraiya wasn't much better. He shouldn't have brought back Naruto to Konoha if he had so little to show)

I used to think the elders where the voices of reason, but I guess they are more now.

But with her flashback of Dan and Nawiki, I guess it's inevitable she is going to act Hokage-like and go to her death to help Naruto / buy him time, solve the Pain Mystery.

Also, I don't know if it's what Kishi has planned, but we have 7 enemies (6 Pain + Konan) for 7 named Konohan on the scene or nearby (Kakashi Iruka Hinata Shino Kiba Ino Chouji). If those match ups really happen, it's going be ugly for Konoha.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 08:57   Link #11
elusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post

OR

She just want's to give Naruto to Pain and tell him to get him and leave her village alone . Well atleast makes more sense than first option
there is no plot hole.

naruto is not a baby. he's one of the strongest leaf nins and he just got stronger. they need him back to fight plus who is more motivated to face jiraiya's killer?

if they don't call him back pein will destroy much of konoha and eventually find where naruto is anyway. naruto will also have fukusaku who is the only one w/1st hand knowledge of pein. tsunade isn't for hiding naruto. she trusts him as did jiraiya, as does fukusaku.

strategically, calling him back makes perfect sense. best case, naruto's power, cracking the code, etc, defeats pein. worst case, if he gets caught pein leaves konoha and you can still send a rescue team.

the longer naruto is away, the more damage pein does. tsunade still has to protect the village not just naruto.

plus, if pein finds naruto he's finished. it's a 1-on-1 fight. with naruto in the leaf he has an army to back him up.
elusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 09:14   Link #12
tennis1690

ino's dad was the one trying to break in the ninja's brain (the one captured by Jiraiya in Amegakure) but couldn't initially because the genjutsu barrier Pain (or Madara) had set up was very difficult to break in. It appears in this chapter though, he manages to beat the genjutsu barrier.

Pein is ill!!!!!!!!! He owns Kakashi w/out doing much, but his secret is slowly being revealed. And Naruto is returning to Konoha with Fukusaku on his side. Can't wait to see when Pain and Naruto fight 1-0n-1.
tennis1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 09:36   Link #13
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
This chapter seriously begs the question. If pain can enter Konoha like that, why didn't he enter the other countries and steal their bijuu?
Actually, Pein wasn't really planning of going to Konoha either. He was told by Madara to go after the 9 tails in their 'failure will not be accepted' talk. Collecting demons was really more of the minions jobs.
Old 2008-10-08, 09:58   Link #14
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Why does someone suddenly have to be still to use Sennin Mode? Didn't the frog and Naruto, both used it to move a statue? They couldn't have moved it without moving.
Sounds like the author is trying to power down Naruto's power-up... again.
I think they mean, you need to be still to activate it, as seen when Naruto sat still on the slab resting on the beam tip. Though I don't know why the author doesn't let Naruto use his Kage Bushins to distract the enemy whiles he stands still to activate Senjutsu.
Vindi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 10:02   Link #15
Fran~
floating away...

Ohhh... let's ready to RRRRRRRUMBLEEEE!!!!!

@elusive: that's SO correct...
Old 2008-10-08, 10:22   Link #16
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

So Shizune has figured out the first part. The black poles are chakra conductors. We sort of knew that already, but that's done with. Looks like Ino's dad discovered something. It will probably seem minor too. Of course Shikamaru will take this info and use his over 200 IQ to figure out Pain. But it won't be before Naruto arrives and maybe Tsunade gets badly hurt or even dies. Without figuring out his secret, Pain is invicible

No way does Team 10 and Team 8 fight Pain. God Pain just smacked Kakashi, a guy who would be the next Hokage, around like he was nothing. Ino and Choji probably run to where Shikamaru/Shiho/Sakura is to warn them. Then wait there. Shino, Hinata, and Kiba will just run around as we see the damage of Konoha through their eyes. Team Gai will probably also show up next chapter and not do much. And we also have the Cloud team heading to Konaha. Who knows if the Sand Sibs might also be coming? It will get crazy.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 10:29   Link #17
Fran~
floating away...

Well, if you put together all that little pieces, it will more easy to Shikamaru, Shiho and Sakura to figure it out the secret behind Pain... that's an indicator that in this Battle Pain could be beaten, same way Hidan and Kakuzu were.

Remember that at first no one had a clue about how Hidan could be defeated, when Shikamaru solves the mistery behind the ritual, Hidan was done for.

I think that its the same here.... at a bigger scale.
Old 2008-10-08, 10:48   Link #18
Puppylove

i like the cover pic about the tails but i can't find that 4 tailed dude anywhere :s
Puppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 10:56   Link #19
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppylove View Post
i like the cover pic about the tails but i can't find that 4 tailed dude anywhere :s
On the left:
Spoiler for Quite a bunch eh?:
Old 2008-10-08, 10:56   Link #20
tatami
back in black

calling naruto back/// man that sucks...it will be /again/ naruto shows up uses some stupid big ass jutsu and stuff...hope I am wrong...I would be happy to be wrong...and tsunade should die.stupid bi#$ch
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote