AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-08, 12:43   Link #41
tsunade666

what 2 cours? that's awesome but what about the material? though by the looks of the preview. They are already doing the kyoto arc.
Old 2011-02-08, 12:49   Link #42
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
As one could expect, the series will run for 2 cours.
(via @raito_kun)
2-cour means 25 episodes ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 21:57   Link #43
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
2-cour means 25 episodes ?
Yes, 24-26 episodes.

Well, if we're lucky, maybe the kyoto's arc will end on April. Since then until the end of the anime, I guess they have enought time to work on that arc.

Last edited by Zaresh; 2011-02-08 at 22:48.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 22:17   Link #44
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Hmm, so this confirms the new Gundam series for a Fall premiere. Seems like this fall is going to be pretty big, if Fate/zero and the new Geass series air in the fall as well.

That aside, I don't know much of this series but I'm expecting there to be a lot of filler in it given the director has only done original anime and the fact this has only been in serialization for two years.
Old 2011-02-09, 11:57   Link #45
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

an alternative retelling of this series that is not base on its manga is not bad as long as their will be lots of action in it then im fine with this, and the staff work on darker than black so a good story may come out of this

im gonna check this out
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 02:55   Link #46
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
That aside, I don't know much of this series but I'm expecting there to be a lot of filler in it given the director has only done original anime and the fact this has only been in serialization for two years.
But every chapter is like 40-60 pages long instead of the usual 20, so 20 chapters might seem like little but there's a lot more material than you'd originaly think
Old 2011-02-11, 20:23   Link #47
tsunade666

^ but the latest chapter is only chapter 22. This one will probably goes up to kyoto arc.
Old 2011-02-12, 01:07   Link #48
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
As one could expect, the series will run for 2 cours.
(via @raito_kun)
Good to hear, been looking forward to this show.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 11:48   Link #49
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

i thought this show will be 13 episodes at most, but 24 episode sounds fine as long as they dont give it a lot of fillers
Old 2011-02-12, 12:28   Link #50
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
i thought this show will be 13 episodes at most, but 24 episode sounds fine as long as they dont give it a lot of fillers
Since it's a two-cour show, it contains a lot of fillers during the second half of the story since Tensai Okamura, the director, has worked on Bones' original anime.
MyAnimeList
Old 2011-02-12, 12:48   Link #51
tsunade666

Quote:
Since it's a two-cour show, it contains a lot of fillers during the second half of the story since Tensai Okamura, the director, has worked on Bones' original anime.
now I'm having bad feelings about this.
Old 2011-02-12, 15:12   Link #52
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
now I'm having bad feelings about this.
You hate filler episodes because it destroy the original material ?
MyAnimeList
Old 2011-02-12, 15:46   Link #53
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Nothing wrong with filler if its good, n its just Misaofan speculation btw.
Old 2011-02-13, 00:21   Link #54
tsunade666

I don't hate it if it's good but if the story starts to differ greatly then I will hate it.
Old 2011-02-13, 00:30   Link #55
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
I don't hate it if it's good but if the story starts to differ greatly then I will hate it.
its understandable that you say that because when people hear fillers they expect low quality story, but a combination of the original material plus some made up story from the animation studio to give a good ending can be good too (im just hoping here )
Old 2011-02-13, 02:41   Link #56
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
... >_>...

Is it really just your grammar errors or actual speculation? (I guess it's both.)... If it's anterior, you should really stop since your reasoning of cause and effect makes no sense at all.

Okamura Tensai is one hell of experienced director. He was director of Darker Than Black (although he screwed up the second season so badly) and Wolf's rain. None of episodes he did in Soul Eater was filler. Even though it has high possibility of having original direction knowing its length and director's past experience on original animations (which were mostly good), judging 'A LOT OF FILLERS LOL' from it is just senseless babbling.
Old 2011-02-13, 02:44   Link #57
Pacify

Hmmn seems to me this has to go to Anime original somewhere along the line, the manga is simply no where near completion.
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 02:53   Link #58
Destinyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan
I'm not really sure why Tensai Okamura working on original anime means that this show will have a lot of filler. There are many directors that do both original productions and manga adaptations, but that doesn't mean they deviate from the manga material. More times than not, the reason an anime does filler is because the anime catches up to the manga and they're forced to do filler.

There's a chance that the staff may come up with their own ending. But if the series does well, I could easily see them leaving it open-ended so that they could come back to it and do a Season 2 afterwards.

Quote:
I understand being a fan of the manga, but that doesn't mean it'll be terrible if it's different from the original source material. The first Fullmetal Alchemist series was one of the best animes I'd ever seen, and that greatly deviated from the manga. Now, if they do go in another direction and the writing becomes terrible, that's something else. But I think it would be better to be more open-minded and actually make judgment on it when it happens (assuming they don't follow the manga closely at the end).

This is the kind of thing that annoys me a little with manga adaptations. When it's from a manga, fans appear to never be satisfied unless it follows it perfectly. At least with original productions, no one can say that and they actually have to base their like or dislike on the content itself.
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 03:56   Link #59
Tsuyukusa
King of Carrot Flowers

I ventured a bit further into the manga. I'm ecstatic for this series, to say the least.
Tsuyukusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 10:25   Link #60
Katapan
俺様祭り

CM #3 (15 sec) shown after today's Star Driver. This one actually has new scenes, and FukuJun voicing Yukio. "Brother, why don't you just die?"

Hmm, HanaKana as Shiemi in the next CM in one or two weeks?

Tags
fantasy, shounen