AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2010-07-12, 16:59   Link #3601
dnab
anime berkeley

Spoiler for cover of S Blue:

The cover simply states [Suzumiya Haruhi Theater (by) Tanigawa Nagaru] as one of the stories featured. Of course one would suspect something as this is not headlining the anthology, but that Haruhi cover spoke otherwise. Explicitly misleading, no. Deliberate, hell yes.

In my resident country we call that "Class Action Suit."
dnab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 11:17   Link #3602
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Rakuten has posted a listing of the next Haruhi manga edition (Volume 12) to be released in October. This volume encompasses the final portion of the Disappearance arc (the epilogue/prologue), The Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina, and the beginning of the Editor in Chief short story. No cover art has been released at this time.

Edit: Speaking of Disappearance:

Credit to Hall of Heros for being the first to post the cover.
Sorry, no bookmark.
Also Haruhi-Chan vol. 1

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-08-09 at 21:46.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 02:11   Link #3603
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

I see a heart and what is possibly made by computer codes, dang I want to watch the movie again now lol. Can't wait for the Disappearance! Been 2 years since I have read all the novels, so buying the official ones and re-reading them is actually pretty fun, finished boredom within a week after it came out, forgot how much drinking they did on the island trip.
Rice_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 03:41   Link #3604
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
snip
I was kind of expecting the disappearance cover to be some form of blue, (with other possibilities being gray and purple) but I did think it a duller shade than it ended up being. (though the cover is still nice, and I like the type of text that they're using for the "Disappearance" part of the title .)
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 21:06   Link #3605
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
I was kind of expecting the disappearance cover to be some form of blue, (with other possibilities being gray and purple) but I did think it a duller shade than it ended up being. (though the cover is still nice, and I like the type of text that they're using for the "Disappearance" part of the title .)
I suspect the blue will end up being a bit deeper. The green for Boredom was, and this isn't exactly the best image ever. It's difficult to tell, though... maybe it is a bright turquoisey hue - it'd fit nicely next to the other three. (I have the first volume of the English edition of Usagi Drop next to my Haruhi books and it's a similar, though slightly less saturated color, and it looks nice.)

I like that they appear to have gone with binary code on this one, after the pixels of the last one.
keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 21:08   Link #3606
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Also Haruhi-Chan vol. 1
I would love to get ideas just by moving around in a rolling chair like that.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 18:24   Link #3607
Haruhiism
Figma Collector

Quote:
Rakuten has posted a listing of the next Haruhi manga edition (Volume 12) to be released in October. This volume encompasses the final portion of the Disappearance arc (the epilogue/prologue), The Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina, and the beginning of the Editor in Chief short story. No cover art has been released at this time.
Wow, thanks for the info. I been waiting on word on vol 12 for a while since I stopped buying Shounen Ace magazines this past year and the last one I got 8/10 edition has the first chapter for vol 13 (since it started with full color pages) which is Editor in Chief. Although no cover art yet, my bet is that it will be Yuki/Kyon with a skyblue background. Now I'm just waiting on Haruhi-chan vol 5 and Nagato-chan vol 2.
Haruhiism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 17:35   Link #3608
typhonsentra

So wait, they've already passed Editor in Chief? n the magazine did they finish Wandering Shadow too!?

How... how the hell are they going to adapt volume 9?
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 17:39   Link #3609
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
So wait, they've already passed Editor in Chief? n the magazine did they finish Wandering Shadow too!?

How... how the hell are they going to adapt volume 9?
Editor in Chief is the current story being adapted in the manga. Likely it will finish this week in the next Shounen Ace. The manga also skipped over the majority of Volume 7. They only adapted the prologue, so they still have plenty of material to cover before going onto Volume 9.

Old 2010-08-24, 16:21   Link #3610
nsmcho

Hi
Is it better to begin with the novels or the anime?
(Sorry for my English)
Thanks.
nsmcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 19:49   Link #3611
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmcho View Post
Hi
Is it better to begin with the novels or the anime?
(Sorry for my English)
Thanks.
Novels, they were done first, and thus are the superior canon.
Old 2010-08-25, 08:55   Link #3612
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Amazon has just posted the cover art for the Hardcover version of Disappearance. It's the usual Noizi Ito-sensei cover.

Nice to see the green is still present in the Hardcover version. I rather like that shade used from the original Japanese.

They also posted a better version of the paperback cover:

Old 2010-08-25, 12:04   Link #3613
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
snip
I can say, for one that I really like the paperback cover, especially the font the title is in, it's just awesome. (Even though I've got absolutely no idea WHY it's awesome.)
Old 2010-08-25, 12:35   Link #3614
Othello~
*Author

I sort of wonder why they did a heart. Maybe because Kyon learns to love a little? (How horrible cheesy ) Though I do like it, more creative then the film reel
Othello~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 12:44   Link #3615
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othello~ View Post
I sort of wonder why they did a heart. Maybe because Kyon Yuki learns to love a little? (How horrible cheesy ) Though I do like it, more creative then the film reel
Fixed for you.
Old 2010-08-25, 12:52   Link #3616
Othello~
*Author

You're right, Yuki learns to love too (In her alien way of recreating the whole world just for Kyon. And I really need to stop using the red font)
Old 2010-08-26, 01:44   Link #3617
TakariCritic

Given the heart is composed of the empty space between the binary 1's and 0's, it's highly likely its a reference to Yuki. Although, this shouldn't be so easily percieved as her ability to love, but rather her development of a "heart", which means a whole array of emotion including and not limited to compassion, desire, affection, anger, jealousy, bitterness, frustration, joy, excitement, anticipation, etc.

It's true shippers love to beleive Yuki recreated the world for Kyon, but I strongly feel she recreated it for HERSELF. The focus wasn't on making Kyon happy, the focus was on freeing Yuki from her tiresome duties, where she can read in peace, enjoy the occasional companionshi of a friend, maybe persue the boy she likes, and overall live a normal peaceful life without having to catch lasers and endure 600 years of the same two weeks. After all, she used Haruhi's power to remake the world, and Haruhi's power warps reality to the user's subconscious desires. What we saw in Disappearance was the world Yuki wanted to live in.

I think the binary heart is actually VERY fitting as a cover. The gaps between the numbers portray something uncovered by programing, and the gap in the shape of a heart fits in perfectly to the "errors" accumulating, as something develops within Nagato that her functions haven't covered.
TakariCritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 02:08   Link #3618
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakariCritic View Post
Given the heart is composed of the empty space between the binary 1's and 0's, it's highly likely its a reference to Yuki. Although, this shouldn't be so easily percieved as her ability to love, but rather her development of a "heart", which means a whole array of emotion including and not limited to compassion, desire, affection, anger, jealousy, bitterness, frustration, joy, excitement, anticipation, etc.

It's true shippers love to beleive Yuki recreated the world for Kyon, but I strongly feel she recreated it for HERSELF. The focus wasn't on making Kyon happy, the focus was on freeing Yuki from her tiresome duties, where she can read in peace, enjoy the occasional companionshi of a friend, maybe persue the boy she likes, and overall live a normal peaceful life without having to catch lasers and endure 600 years of the same two weeks. After all, she used Haruhi's power to remake the world, and Haruhi's power warps reality to the user's subconscious desires. What we saw in Disappearance was the world Yuki wanted to live in.

I think the binary heart is actually VERY fitting as a cover. The gaps between the numbers portray something uncovered by programing, and the gap in the shape of a heart fits in perfectly to the "errors" accumulating, as something develops within Nagato that her functions haven't covered.
That is actually a very good summary of why Yuki Nagato wanted to create another universe.
Old 2010-08-26, 11:37   Link #3619
Othello~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakariCritic View Post

This is a great expaination and it only makes me like the cover even more
But that would mean Kyon took that away, right? I probably already realized this but . . . how selfish! Then again . . . Yuki did let Kyon decide with the "enter" key. Maybe she had regrets? Which also show signs of a "heart". All in all, the disappearance was Yuki the "tin man" earning her emotions (well not fully since she's still a bibliophile) Which only raises the question, was it predetermined or did Yuki choose to do it?
Old 2010-08-26, 16:13   Link #3620
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othello~ View Post
All in all, the disappearance was Yuki the "tin man" earning her emotions (well not fully since she's still a bibliophile)
Might wanna rephrase that. What's being a bibliophile have anything to do with being able to feel a full range of emotions?
keri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga