AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-06-07, 14:12   Link #1221
vixens

they showed a recap of a-tan in the latest episode and it looked like hina knew who she was
vixens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 14:50   Link #1222
Used Can

No, Hina doesn't have the slightest idea who Athena is.
Old 2009-06-07, 17:07   Link #1223
vixens

She acted like she did
vixens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 17:15   Link #1224
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Maybe she knew the Tennoji's daughter before she disapeared? It wouldn't be unlikely as they are of similar ages and social environment.
Old 2009-06-07, 17:18   Link #1225
GDB

I don't see how she acted like she knew A-tan at all. Hina called her a devil-woman because of the way she came across in Hayate's story, and that was her only reaction. It's not like Hayate would've gone into great detail to describe her physical attributes, and with a nickname he gave her like "A-tan", there's no way someone could've figured out who he was talking about.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 03:49   Link #1226
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Am I the only one who don;t like A-tan at all? I find her to be really annoying and selfish.
Truth to be told, I don't like her very much either. I've been keeping my mouth shut because whereever I go, Athena fans are in bunches. But the main reason why I don't like her is because she is rival to the coupling I ship. Well, the reason I didn't have good impression on her is. It sounds ridiculous, but it's true.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 05:26   Link #1227
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
She acted like she did
The "Devil Queen" that she said is just an expression of what she thought of because of her actions towards Hayate (Hey that was a very strong kick compared to the manga).

Quote:
Maybe she knew the Tennoji's daughter before she disapeared? It wouldn't be unlikely as they are of similar ages and social environment.
At that time, Hina would probably still be homeless and living in parks with her older sister, so it would be a slim chance.

Quote:
Truth to be told, I don't like her very much either. I've been keeping my mouth shut because whereever I go, Athena fans are in bunches. But the main reason why I don't like her is because she is rival to the coupling I ship. Well, the reason I didn't have good impression on her is. It sounds ridiculous, but it's true.
I'm an A-tan fan, and I respect your opinion. I know how it feels to have a girl you're rooting since the start and suddenly some kind of lover back from the past is introduced. You could easily like her if you look in another perspective.

It's going to be allot better when she shows up because it will speed up the development. When a strong opponent appears the others have no other choice but to fight more and develop. I easily see a shift from love-comedy to pure love-drama when she appears, but I know that's not happening. It's just not that easy to maintain a nice niche of comedy when something very dramatic happens, it just doesn't feel right. And I'm probably just pulling all of these words out of nowhere..

Quote:
@xellos2099
And she is the girl that save Hayate from depression in his childhood, teach him with Buttler-skill, Swordmanship, even bring out his potential by magic.

She give Hayate 2nd chance to life or may be other Girls including Flatchested-Pink Haired-with a bunch of fans-President council will never meet or fall in love with him.

Even the Loli-Flat chested-Blonde haired-Ojousama will never help this miserable boy, if A-Tan doesn't help him or help him but never let him go from the Royal Garden in the past

so..give some respect to Hayate 1st Ojousama will ya?

personally, I'll dislike other girl once A-Tan joining "the Love battle for the Butler in Debt", but since there no other choice then let's just follow the flow
She's the one that would bring about CHANGE in the scene.. somehow that's a very nostalgic word.. change Hmmm, I wonder where I heard that before.

Last edited by leoblack9; 2009-06-08 at 05:45.
leoblack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 05:52   Link #1228
Serffix

Was just wondering about something recently ..
Does someone else besides Hayate know what kind of past Hina had ? I'm not sure if another character ever mentioned it, but as far as I remember, this subject has only come up between Hina and Hayate (and obviously her sister since she was in the same boat). It would seem pretty strange to me if someone like Miki didn't know about this .. Or maybe this just isn't important ..?
Serffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 12:18   Link #1229
xellos2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serffix View Post
Does someone else besides Hayate know what kind of past Hina had ? I'm not sure if another character ever mentioned it, but as far as I remember, this subject has only come up between Hina and Hayate (and obviously her sister since she was in the same boat). It would seem pretty strange to me if someone like Miki didn't know about this .. Or maybe this just isn't important ..?
I believe Maria does since it is hinted in the scene in the train later on.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 12:44   Link #1230
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serffix View Post
I don't remember much details from the manga. But I can imagine Miki keeping a file on Hina, with a "Top Secret" stamp on it, detailed categorizing Hina's past and present, likes and dislikes, all three sizes, etc. Maybe even daily panty colors.
Old 2009-06-08, 18:44   Link #1231
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

That just be creepy. Old fart keeping tabs on all the women around Nagi.
sr7olsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 21:08   Link #1232
leoblack9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr7olsniper View Post
That just be creepy. Old fart keeping tabs on all the women around Nagi.
It's Miki, Hina's friend. Not Mikado, you must've misunderstood something.
Old 2009-06-08, 23:26   Link #1233
Used Can

Spoiler for HHHHNNNNNNNNGGGGHHHHHHH!:
Old 2009-06-08, 23:39   Link #1234
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
shameless slutty girl...
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 23:48   Link #1235
SimplyBill
King

Quote:
RAGE! I wish that all was just a dream of Ayumu...
SimplyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 00:25   Link #1236
Used Can

Ayumu is love.

Old 2009-06-09, 01:25   Link #1237
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
AH HAH!
1st STRIKE!!! YahOOO!!! Ahahahaha

Now Ayumu is the one infront of others. She already give him a Valentine Days chocolate, receive some return for it from him in White Days, and now Kiss him

that a side...

Still, I feel bad for Athena...hope it's not Ayumu but her in that place, look like I will modified some of this picture to make my self happier
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 07:32   Link #1238
leoblack9

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
AH HAH!
1st STRIKE!!! YahOOO!!! Ahahahaha

Now Ayumu is the one infront of others. She already give him a Valentine Days chocolate, receive some return for it from him in White Days, and now Kiss him

that a side...

Still, I feel bad for Athena...hope it's not Ayumu but her in that place, look like I will modified some of this picture to make my self happier
Kiss on the cheek, nothing to see here people. Just how many times have he been kissed on the cheek? I mean most of the girls around him has kissed him on the cheek once or twice.
Spoiler for If you want quantity:

Last edited by leoblack9; 2009-06-09 at 08:30.
Old 2009-06-09, 09:52   Link #1239
KoroshiyaX
X

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
Kiss on the cheek, nothing to see here people. Just how many times have he been kissed on the cheek? I mean most of the girls around him has kissed him on the cheek once or twice.
Spoiler for If you want quantity:
Spoiler:
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 11:43   Link #1240
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
Okay, let me see... there was Nagi, then Ayumu... yep, that's it. All the same, Hayate sees Nagi as a little girl, whereas Ayumu is a potential love interest who happens to have confessed her love for him not once, but twice (i.e. verbally, she's made her feelings obvious countless times in many other ways). So, this particular kiss is actually a big deal.

Honestly, leaving biases aside, Ayumu is the girl who has made the most progress amongst all of them. Maria remains wishy-washy and indecisive, Hinagiku remains tsundere, Nagi's development keeps going down the father & daughter road, Isumi technically gave up, Izumi hasn't had almost any development so far, and all Athena currently has is a flashback (a strong one, but still). Ayumu is leagues ahead of any of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX View Post
Spoiler:
No, he didn't. Athena caught him unguarded.

Tags
comedy, shounen