AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-18, 23:25   Link #2461
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Speaking of Tohsaka, she really took a beating vs. Haruhi. Haruhi's been performing well, but never capable of ofting some one like Rin by 900 votes. Illya took out Nanoha with relative ease, so I don't think it was a case of Rin underperforming. Though I guess that does show how increasingly weak Nanoha is becoming, orz.
Old 2010-05-19, 02:28   Link #2462
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Sadly last years amethyst poster somehow had more feeling in it that this one. Not saying that it's bad in any way just that I liked the 2009 poster more (and I don't even like junk)
Old 2010-05-19, 02:42   Link #2463
SirWence
~Connoisseur~

Well Eis .. Yuki isn't known for her emotions >.>

(I would have preferred Saber for the necklace obviously)
Old 2010-05-19, 05:13   Link #2464
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
It's not a freaking K-ON clone....
I know, its just that too many probably dismissed it for looking like that. People should really check it out.

On another note: Mio gets her own episode. If Mio was stonger Shana before, I fear her awesome power now.
Old 2010-05-19, 17:52   Link #2465
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Hm.. so it seems like I missed quite a lot of things during my absence, like Mio vs Shana and bit of shift in power. I was quite surprised that Shana lost, but I guess the second season of K-On! is the reason. Thanks to TRE for the stats, it was a good overview of what happened during this time .

Somehow, I can't seem to find the overall statistic chart of wins/loss/SDO's etc in the ISML site...
Old 2010-05-19, 17:57   Link #2466
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Hm.. so it seems like I missed quite a lot of things during my absence, like Mio vs Shana and bit of shift in power. I was quite surprised that Shana lost, but I guess the second season of K-On! is the reason. Thanks to TRE for the stats, it was a good overview of what happened during this time .

Somehow, I can't seem to find the overall statistic chart of wins/loss/SDO's etc in the ISML site...
http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/statistics/
Old 2010-05-19, 18:22   Link #2467
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Yatta! Shana finally was defeated!
Good job Mio, even with more than 150 votes more

Quote:
Episode 5 did Kanade (Tenshi's supposedly real name) a lot of good. Some crowds prefer her, some Yuri. Also found out today that a prequel manga is being made. No surprise considering the ruckus the series is causing.
Angel is still no match for Yurippe!

Quote:
Another title that might get a contestant is Baka to Test. There is a 2nd series being made, probably early next year. It'd be hilarious if Hideyoshi qualified. You know 'it' is moe. XD And maybe that quiet pink-haired genius.
Hideyoshi is its own gender, not female, so it doesn't qualify.
Good chances for Himeji though
Old 2010-05-19, 18:26   Link #2468
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Thank you, must've been blind 
Old 2010-05-19, 18:40   Link #2469
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post

Hideyoshi is its own gender, not female, so it doesn't qualify.
Good chances for Himeji though
(1) Himeji might get nominated but preliminaries might be tough
(2) Shouko might have a chance to get through the preliminaries but not the regular season
(3) Hideyoshi wouldn't be able to qualify, but if there was enough of a storyline in the anime, his twin sister Yuko might get some nominations. Whether that's enough to get in to the preliminaries remains to be seen.
Old 2010-05-19, 19:11   Link #2470
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Probably a good thing Hideyoshi can't qualify since he would probably make the top 16 just for the lulz. ^^

I do prefer Yuri to Tenshi/Kanade, but as of ep5, I am on the verge of willing to throw her a vote as well.
Old 2010-05-19, 19:56   Link #2471
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
(1) Himeji might get nominated but preliminaries might be tough
(2) Shouko might have a chance to get through the preliminaries but not the regular season
quite true for the current ISML who happens to like "cool" beauties like Shouko less than "cute" beauties like Himeji. Comparison in the current ISML, Chizuru = cool beauty and Mafuyu = cute beauty.

Quote:
Probably a good thing Hideyoshi can't qualify since he would probably make the top 16 just for the lulz. ^^
yeah... all out support for my fave character in the show
Old 2010-05-19, 20:15   Link #2472
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'd find it amusing if Hideyoshi's sister got in , but all the art work and fan support was actually of Hideyoshi. Unlike most traps, no one believes him to be male. I'm not even sure his sister believes him to be male. Thought they classified him as a seperate gender, he acts (and covers up) like a girl. The girls consider him a girl and the guys moe out over him. He's not even trying to keep being a male a secret...he flat out tells everyone....repeatedly.

Maybe "she's" in denial and is female.....

...naw.

"How come mine is the only one with a transformation sequence?"
~Hideyoshi
Old 2010-05-20, 00:08   Link #2473
krko
The Movie is Coming

Personally, Hideyoshi failed as a trap for me. Mako-chan and Jun sure, but Hideyoshi never got me to actually think what gender he really is. Which is weird because I find his sister quite... appealing.

I really don't think Baka to Test can make it into the main season though. It'll do pretty well at Jmoe though, sorta like Minami-ke.
Old 2010-05-20, 20:41   Link #2474
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Imagine what would happen if KS had to do a Hideyoshi poster if he won a neckalce.
Old 2010-05-20, 23:38   Link #2475
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It be harder to find one of his sister.
Old 2010-05-20, 23:51   Link #2476
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I meant more in the sense of '....I have to do THIS?!'
Old 2010-05-21, 10:23   Link #2477
hinakatbklyn

Now that there's a template to look through rather than the whole schedule for round 1 of Sapphire, here are some interesting matches:

Shana is the odds on favorite to win this match against Tomoyo...... or is she? Especially after last year.

A Kugimiya match. Ranking wise, Taiga should manage to beat Nagi.

Can Kurimu get her act together and beat Chizuru? I hope so.

One is too quiet, and one is cute but doesn't interest me that much lately. Can't tell if yuki will beat Haruhi with room to spare or if it will be a close match.

Mikoto should have a decent start against Hitagi.

CC and Maria could be an interesting story in Sapphire. They don't appear to be in the running for Top 16 this year, but they have either picked up upset wins in their matches or made impossible matches against top level opponents closer than they should have been.
Nadeko should have no problem with CC... is what I want to say, but can CC make this a close match as well, or maybe even pull a huge upset?
I prefer Holo way over Maria, but their rankings say otherwise and could end up a win for either side.

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2010-05-21 at 10:58.
Old 2010-05-21, 10:57   Link #2478
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I get the feeling Ui v Kyou will be closer than people expect.
Old 2010-05-21, 23:10   Link #2479
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

Quote:
Now that there's a template to look through rather than the whole schedule for round 1 of Sapphire, here are some interesting matches:

Shana is the odds on favorite to win this match against Tomoyo...... or is she? Especially after last year.
No doubt about Shana, unless Tomoyo pulls out about 3,500 votes or more.

Quote:
A Kugimiya match. Ranking wise, Taiga should manage to beat Nagi.
I prefer Nagi in this match, but yes, Taiga is way stronger statistically.

Quote:
Can Kurimu get her act together and beat Chizuru? I hope so.
I hope not, but meh... in ISML its mostly cute>cool

Quote:
One is too quiet, and one is cute but doesn't interest me that much lately. Can't tell if yuki will beat Haruhi with room to spare or if it will be a close match.
I prefer Yuki, but people might vote for Haruhi in this match saying "Yuki already won a necklace, and her current rank ensures her a spot on DE, so lets vote for Haruhi instead for a chance on a necklace."

Quote:
Mikoto should have a decent start against Hitagi.
As much as I would like Hitagi to win, all I could hope is that she won't suffer more than 1000 votes defeat in this match. If she did, then she's seriously in trouble getting to DE.

Quote:
CC and Maria could be an interesting story in Sapphire. They don't appear to be in the running for Top 16 this year, but they have either picked up upset wins in their matches or made impossible matches against top level opponents closer than they should have been.
Nadeko should have no problem with CC... is what I want to say, but can CC make this a close match as well, or maybe even pull a huge upset?
I prefer Holo way over Maria, but their rankings say otherwise and could end up a win for either side.
CC has been doing well in amethyst, while Nadeko is kinda slowing down. On Holo vs. Maria, the latter had the edge for manga readers as the latest scanlated chapters involves Maria a lot.

On other matches.... I hope Captain Mihoko gets her first win on Sunday. The exhibition match might be one sided in favor of Mika (voiced by Kugimiya Rie and Kanamemo having shown more recently). I enjoyed Kanamemo more than Futakoi Alternative, but I personally prefer Sara than Mika.
Old 2010-05-22, 12:48   Link #2480
Sphire

Sweet results, been away and come back to...I wouldn't say surprising, but still somewhat unexpected results. It probably speaks volumes that K-ON characters won all their matches. Rin got somewhat owned though..bigger margin than I thought.

Yuki winning was great, and poster looks great too. And now seeing Sapphire posters, can't wait for this round. Is everyone predicting Shana's gonna win this period? I guess you could narrow it down to 4 people, Shana, Hina, Mio or Taiga. On face value I don't see how Shana has a big advantage, heck it looks like it'll come down to how Tomoyo and Nadeko perform during the period(and they face each other). Either way...I think I'll stick with Hina, she doesn't look great for the other periods.

And maybe Captain Mihoko might win? Haha well I'll support her. And Chizuru.

Tags
contest, isml, saimoe, tournament, voting