Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-06, 07:58   Link #121
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was pretty scared for a while here when I saw the ultra cliché beginning of the episode, with the klutz of protagonist late running late for school, toast in mouth and everything. Thankfully, I quickly realized it was a parody. The parody of the parody we got later on was even better.

Overall, a highly enjoyable episode. I have a question though: will this just be an anime about cute girls doing cute things, with yuri being used as a comedic device or is there going to be some actual yuri? I just want to know what to expect. Yuri would be definite plus, but I don't mind if there isn't any as long as the show remains fun.

I like how they immediately addressed and made fun of Akari's lack of presence, which I was already starting to feel in this episode. She's a little bland compared to the other characters, especially the hyper energetic Kyouko. Favorite character so far is Kyouko, although Yui is a close second. Akari's sister has the potential to become my favorite character... if we ever see her, that is. Her room was awesome

The OP is very catchy and uplifting. The ED is okay...
To answer you on the yuri content:
Spoiler for Nothing big through:

.... and an open spoiler just to spike it up. If they really follow the manga. There will be a kiss. But i doubt if any non-manga-readers can guess correctly the two involved

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-07-06 at 08:08.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 10:01   Link #122
tezu

@Kanon: I wouldn't expect any major yuri developments, the series is mostly comedy, so the crushes/relationships are used for laughs most of the time. I'd say Yuru Yuri is stuck somewhere between "ordinary" moe shows (= you need to apply strong yuri goggles) and "real" yuri shows (= focus on official yuri couples and their relationships)

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
To answer you on the yuri content:
Spoiler for Nothing big through:

.... and an open spoiler just to spike it up. If they really follow the manga. There will be a kiss. But i doubt if any non-manga-readers can guess correctly the two involved
Spoiler for question about your spoiler:
Old 2011-07-06, 10:21   Link #123
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Btw, is the manga stopped? I mean the scanlation. It's not updated for age.
Old 2011-07-06, 10:47   Link #124
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Btw, is the manga stopped? I mean the scanlation. It's not updated for age.
No, the series is still ongoing. It's just the scanlating group are ridiculously slow.
Old 2011-07-06, 11:05   Link #125
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezu View Post
@Kanon: I wouldn't expect any major yuri developments, the series is mostly comedy, so the crushes/relationships are used for laughs most of the time. I'd say Yuru Yuri is stuck somewhere between "ordinary" moe shows (= you need to apply strong yuri goggles) and "real" yuri shows (= focus on official yuri couples and their relationships)

Spoiler for question about your spoiler:
I means the last one... which is quite clear as early as ch 11, isn't it?
Old 2011-07-06, 11:16   Link #126
uis

I totally love this new anime but they use like 5 or 6 chapters for episode 1...

Kyouko is too awesome and i can't wait student council will make this anime more interesting and more enjoyable...

Oh well even i have problem with seiyuu but they are new so can forgiven for now...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 11:39   Link #127
tezu

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I means the last one... which is quite clear as early as ch 11, isn't it?
Spoiler for the last one:
Old 2011-07-06, 13:42   Link #128
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Definitely a series to keep for me, it's cute and very funny with plenty of not-so-subtle subtext ; I really enjoyed Kyouko and Akari in the episode, I laughed at a lot of parts, but the movie parodying the anime cliches was just so win .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Akari's sister has the potential to become my favorite character... if we ever see her, that is. Her room was awesome

The OP is very catchy and uplifting. The ED is okay...
I found her sisters room to be awesome yet creepy at the same time . Also I preferred the OP at first, but after more listening I am starting to like the ED more[I blame Azu-nyan being in it randomly .]

Also I'd request a Kyouko avatar, but I can't decide which
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 13:47   Link #129
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezu View Post
Sigh. Guess I won't bother with it, I can't tolerate being sold another bill of goods... I already got burned by K-ON, thinking it might contain a lot of music-related story, but it's just cute girls doing cute things.

This looks to be more of the same, but with yuri being used as the bait-and-switch instead of music/audio nerdery.
Old 2011-07-06, 18:31   Link #130
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

This show is so purely directly pointed at moe that it hurts.

...so? When's the next episode?
Old 2011-07-06, 19:12   Link #131
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well that wasn't bad at all, feels like YuriYuri so all good here.

The OP here is a odd thing, I get this feeling I should actually dislike it, maybe even hate it yet it's catchy, very very catchy, just like alot of other Japanese music
The ED is ok I guess.

Can't wait to see my 2 tsunderes being super tsun
Old 2011-07-06, 23:41   Link #132
Midonin
Last Engage

The eyecatches for this show are a double-edged sword. On one hand, they're very long - ten seconds. Most eyecatches are run and done pretty quickly. On the other hand, the animation for them and that each of the four leads has their own leitmotif elevates them a bit. That said, I look forward to hearing Yui and Chinatsu's arrangements.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 18:09   Link #133
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
The eyecatches for this show are a double-edged sword. On one hand, they're very long - ten seconds. Most eyecatches are run and done pretty quickly. On the other hand, the animation for them and that each of the four leads has their own leitmotif elevates them a bit. That said, I look forward to hearing Yui and Chinatsu's arrangements.
Ah yea I totally forgot to comment on the eyecatches, very long indeed.
Double-edged sword would be a good way to describe them, at first interesting to see but I'd guess after a while not so much.
Old 2011-07-07, 22:05   Link #134
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Is this anime just going to get weirder every episode
Old 2011-07-07, 22:32   Link #135
Shimapan
Try me! <3

My, the girls really look like elementary school girls
I was quite surprised to find on the official page that they're supposed to be in first and second year middle school, being 13 and 14 years old, respectively. Why then do they look like 10-year-olds?
That seriously weird uniform certainly isn't helping any, but only makes them look still younger

Is this show still enjoyable for someone who doesn't care about lolis?
Old 2011-07-10, 07:17   Link #136
CWW
Lurker

The lasses of K-On and Lucky Star don't look like high schoolers either. That doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable. There isn't any blatant fanservice if you're curious. Just girls having fun.

Best thing about this show: no males ruining the show with their stupidity.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 13:28   Link #137
Midonin
Last Engage

Yuruyuri 02 - The Other Side of the Other Side of the Story

The student council's a pretty interesting bunch in themselves. As just-barely-hiding-it-subtextual with each other as the main four, but with slightly more famous voice actors. Chitose's fantasies are great, and the casual "rival" relationship between Ayano and Kyoko should be fun to see in the episodes to come. The highlight of this episode was probably the impromptu game of breasketball - only Airi has the potential to play that game besides Himawari.

And Chinatsu and Yui's eyecatches did indeed have different instrumental arrangements. Good work.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 13:47   Link #138
tezu

Okay, first question: Where is our dear heroine and main character, Akari? xD The poor girl got close to zero attention, but I guess the main focus was on the student council characters this time.

Impressions:
- I absolutely adored Himawari and Sakurako, so much tsundereness isn't good for them xD
- Chitose is a martyr of yuriness (so much blood-loss!). Thanks to her delusions we don't even need to apply our own goggles anymore
- didn't like Himawari's fanservice scenes that much, it was inevitable since she really is well-endowed, but somehow it seemed less..."blatant" in the manga (she's only thirteen, is this even normal?)
- the student council seiyuus are great; seiyuu-wise I was disappointed by the last episode but this episode was really nice for the ears
Old 2011-07-11, 14:08   Link #139
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
This show is so purely directly pointed at moe that it hurts.
Just like another anime last season
Old 2011-07-11, 16:04   Link #140
TAKOYAKI

5 CM

Spoiler for tidiness:

AKARIwww

Last edited by Pellissier; 2011-07-20 at 09:29. Reason: merged consecutive posts
TAKOYAKI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, seinen, yuri