AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Monogatari Series Second Season - Episode 8 (Mayoi Jiangshi III) Rating
Perfect 10 10 23.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 34.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 23.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 13.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-01, 11:58   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Remember when this was supposed to be Mayoi's arc?
Me neither.
So true. This totally feels like a Shinobu arc instead. Not that I'm complaining, as Shinobu is one of my favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Shouldn't the main goal right now be to find a way back in time rather than looking for survivors? Don't they still have the semi-risky plan of powering Shinbou up to the max and going back in time that way? Seems like letting Mayoi die as originally destined is kind of the only way to resolve this.
I was bothered by this too. What's the point of sticking around in the present if they have no chance of fixing things there? There's no more energy at the shrine but Shinobu mentioned last week she can time travel using her own powers if she drinks Araragi's blood, so why not just do that? She did say it's risky but it's not like they have any better options here. They should definitely try.
Old 2013-09-01, 12:25   Link #22
HandofFate

Maybe I'm not so clear on oddity lore in Monogatari, but is Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade really the strongest there is?

No other oddities that might fight back against the destruction of the world?
No band or organization of elite Executioners or exorcists? Any sentai teams to fight against the zombies.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 12:27   Link #23
Phoenix6000
An Alternate Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
That goes without saying though. I've no idea how long the novel is, but with only 4 episodes to animate it, a lot of things will have to be put aside.
People who enjoyed this arc can always opt to purchase the novels themselves and read all the missing bits.
Not everyone can read Japanese and the online sites only have half of Kabuki translated. But like some of the others said, certain tidbits really should be animated, minor as they may be.
Old 2013-09-01, 13:11   Link #24
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Maybe I'm not so clear on oddity lore in Monogatari, but is Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade really the strongest there is?

No other oddities that might fight back against the destruction of the world?
No band or organization of elite Executioners or exorcists? Any sentai teams to fight against the zombies.
Kissshot is the King of Kaii, yes, she was once the strongest of all oddities.
shinyaNakagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 14:17   Link #25
Rogue66

good episode who would of thought by just saving Mayoi's would end the world

just so you that you shouldn't mess around with time travel
Rogue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 14:19   Link #26

The point remains valid regardless. Even if she's the strongest, the method used was conversion. Shinobi said she must have converted a few, and the rest was just the spread.

Also, I can hardly consider this to be an instantaneous cause of the apocalypse , as mentioned in the anime. It is exactly what they said it isnt - gradual.
340.29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 15:46   Link #27
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Damn....ok so saving Mayoi had some slight side effects .

I mean damn they just about killed everyone. I'm sure someone will pop up at some point and it'd be hilarious if it was Mayoi or something. But right now it's a pretty bleak time. So Shinobu destroyed the world and now everyone is wandering around as zombies.

Shouldn't the main goal right now be to find a way back in time rather than looking for survivors? Don't they still have the semi-risky plan of powering Shinbou up to the max and going back in time that way? Seems like letting Mayoi die as originally destined is kind of the only way to resolve this.
Well, they really only need to get back to june 14th and do something about Shinobu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340.29 View Post
The point remains valid regardless. Even if she's the strongest, the method used was conversion. Shinobi said she must have converted a few, and the rest was just the spread.
Yes, but Kissshot's "children" would also be among the strongest vampires ever.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 18:08   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for Comparison to the novel:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-09-02 at 16:32.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 20:01   Link #29
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Okay it seems like you guys are stuck on why they don't just time travel again.

The thing is that they did try to find another power spot across Japan but they were all blocked just like the shrine in their town. As for why they don't just power up shinobu it's because Araragi respects shinobu's wish to not go back to the way she was.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 22:12   Link #30
Dawn
^o^

^ They really should have showed that. It seemed really out of character for Koyomi just to accept that all his loved ones are dead or undying with no attempt to fix it.

Really good stuff. Art and music in free fall was spectacular. It's a curious way of handling an overused apocalyptic cliche. Want to read the novel so bad T~T
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 23:52   Link #31
kniteowl

As a anime only watcher, Been enjoying this arc a lot more then the tsubasa tiger so far, not that the tsubasa tiger is bad, I enjoyed both the arcs for different reasons, I just like the current arc a lot more. Mostly because I dunno what to expect of this arc, I'm still hopping to see a 16 year old hachikuji although unlikely. Based on the content that's been cut from this arc so far about araragi and shinobou's relationship, I'm interested in reading the novels maybe after this seasons anime ends.
Old 2013-09-02, 02:30   Link #32
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

best monogatari ep ever
Old 2013-09-02, 04:38   Link #33
whitecloud

hmmm..........i forgot about shinobu running away from home can anyone enlighten me on that
Old 2013-09-02, 05:19   Link #34
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
hmmm..........i forgot about shinobu running away from home can anyone enlighten me on that
Rather than saying she ran away its more like she was released. Oshino was watching her but he "lost sight" of her the day he left.
Old 2013-09-02, 06:15   Link #35
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Bakemonogatari episode 13-15
As omimon has said, Shinobu is "released" by Oshino Meme, and by that time she had this thought of killing herself if Araragi failed to search for her or to be precise, if Araragi abandoned her completely. While searching for Shinobu, Araragi asked help from Hachikuji and he also encountered Black Hanekawa on his way finding Shinobu. Shinobu saved Araragi from enraged B. Hanekawa.
Old 2013-09-02, 16:33   Link #36
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyaNakagawa View Post
Bakemonogatari episode 13-15.
Aw, snap. That's why I get for skipping the latter half of Tsubasa Cat. Now that I think about it, I still need to finish Nekomonogatari (Black) too. Not reading Kizu and waiting for the adaptation doesn't help either.

Stop having backstory, Shinobu. It messes up my series comprehension.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 16:55   Link #37
b10nutz

Shinobu is way to cute and seeing her all sad makes you wanna hug her...... Anyway I just watch EP 6-8 (been busy) and I really enjoy all of them (yea even the recap).
b10nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 16:56   Link #38
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Aw, snap. That's why I get for skipping the latter half of Tsubasa Cat. Now that I think about it, I still need to finish Nekomonogatari (Black) too. Not reading Kizu and waiting for the adaptation doesn't help either.

Stop having backstory, Shinobu. It messes up my series comprehension.
Kizu is just a prequel. Don't think much about it.
Old 2013-09-02, 19:37   Link #39
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

^No, DO think about it. It's the probably the best out of the series and provides pretty much the whole back story to Shinobu's relationship with Araragi and Tsubasa's relationship to Araragi.

If you don't know what happens, you gonna have a bad time.
Old 2013-09-02, 21:24   Link #40
achirist

I wonder if costco paid for their spot in this episode? Bizzare... I'm satisfied that they didn't claim Hajikuji or some random phenomenon of the 'universe' caused the world to end after they time travelled. Rather, it was Shinobu and Araragi who did it.

Not having read the books, this doesn't feel rushed. I'm left on the edge of the seat wishing I could marathon watch to find out what happens instead of waiting a whole week.