AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2007-04-24, 11:59   Link #441
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ yea great points there ~ definatly the characters are being developed as being said before by someone hayate going to the school = instant harem (tho as funny as it may be it does show some truth...cmon anyone would fall for hayate ) ~ i would lie to see a love rivalry between nagi and Hinagiku :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 12:53   Link #442
Joojoobees

I was a little worried that Nagi was going to freak out about Hayate hanging with the Katsura sisters, but Nagi didn't seem to be jealous at all (or maybe she just was more interested in pouncing on the excuse to ditch class).
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 13:17   Link #443
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
I was a little worried that Nagi was going to freak out about Hayate hanging with the Katsura sisters, but Nagi didn't seem to be jealous at all (or maybe she just was more interested in pouncing on the excuse to ditch class).
To tell the truth, I was a little supprised that her reaction was not a bit more negative after seeing "her" Hayate with another girl (or two). I would imagine that now these new characters have been introduced, they will no doubt be the soruce of some friction at some point between Hayate and Nagi.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 13:23   Link #444
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
To tell the truth, I was a little supprised that her reaction was not a bit more negative after seeing "her" Hayate with another girl (or two).
From her description of the events, and earlier comments by several characters, I interpreted that Nagi (and maybe the whole campus) was well aware that Yukiji was a bit of a loose cannon, and the likely cause of some mishap.
Old 2007-04-24, 13:27   Link #445
Clarste
Human

Personally, I think it's slightly out of character for Nagi to be so understanding of the situation. Plus, they pretty much stole that "potential misunderstanding turns into accurate guess of the circumstances" joke from Maria in episode 3. And of course it makes far more sense for Maria to do it than Nagi (who's more inclined to misunderstand everything all the time, as we've already seen).

To avoid any confusion, that explanation scene was not in the manga. So the animators added something that I think was out of character. Well, it's not too important I guess.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 13:29   Link #446
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut89 View Post
To avoid any confusion, that explanation scene was not in the manga. So the animators added something that I think was out of character.
Maybe they needed to wrap the episode up fast.
Old 2007-04-24, 14:04   Link #447
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
Don't forget that Nagi "knows" that Hayate is madly in love with her. Until she's given some REAL indicator that this might not be the case (anymore), there's no reason for her to be jealous at all.

Also to the others who have commented along these lines: I'm afraid you're deceived by stereotype. Nagi is _not_ the default tsundere. The setup is fundamentally different here:

1) Nagi is smart and very upfront with her feelings. Yes, she easily gets embarrassed and clams up, but other than this she does NOT deny that she's in love with Hayate at all, neither to herself nor to the rest of the world. Hayate just doesn't "get" it.

2) She's also very generous and benevolent by disposition. Keep in mind, in exchange for the coat, she immediately offers him _any_ reward he wants. She also wanted to give him 150 million yen as a gift (before she reconsidered when he made fun of her silly mask). There will be more instances of her generosity towards other people aswell.

Seriously, don't underestimate her ... except for her total misreading of Hayate, she's really smart and no airhead in the least. So, while having her correctly guessing what happens is obviously absurd and just another inside joke, it's absolutely not out of character. You'll see.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 17:41   Link #448
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Not enough maria.

But other then that a very cute episode. Loving the sisters and ofcourse the continuing parodies. Still....Needs more maria.
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 17:50   Link #449
Kisuke06
I see...

Episode 4 was a blast! I laughed so hard at some scenes that I almost cried. Best parts: that teacher doing that Saint Seiya move and the MGS parody.

And another very good part was when Hayate saved the teacher. Hayate FTW!
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 17:53   Link #450
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Definitely some good points there. We shouldn't be too surprised at Nagi being a generous person like that. With Maria last episode mentioning how Nagi found Tama left alone and raised took him in.

Nagi at the moment didn't have much of a reason to be worried about Hayate having other interests. Though I'm sure we'll get some interesting times ahead if he does show interest in someone like Hinagiku.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 18:12   Link #451
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Another good episode. Poor tiger he's really got a long way to go if he wants to become the mascot character for the anime.
I just realised, in the OP Tama does a pose that, although I haven't seen any Poke*** in 8 years, isn't that the signature pose of Pik***?

Quote:
Nice of the anime to protect us from having to look at the remains of wasted food . While I didn't play the game much the MSG reference was still funny. But really that teacher must be having pay issues if she's still using a CRT screen.
The Can't Show On TV guy had me on the floor, after going absent nearly the entire show. (Might've been funnier if they used him when Hina leapt from the tree... only to find it wasn't necessary.) But it was nice of him to inject some pointless comedy after that long stretch of, IMO, slightly boring plot.

And I love all the fourth-wall jokes. Though I think "picture tube" sounds more old-fashioned. (I still watch TV on a CRT. Granted it's a HD vertically-flat CRT. But LCD looks washy and plasma is too expensive.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Spoiler for about some episode 4 scenes:
Yeah, I picked up on all of those... But did they really have to use so much talking to get through it? I must admit to being a little bored through it.

Yukiji was 100% win, on the other hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Not enough maria.
Agree.
Telliamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 18:19   Link #452
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-chan View Post
Episode 4 was a blast! I laughed so hard at some scenes that I almost cried. Best parts: that teacher doing that Saint Seiya move and the MGS parody.
I absolutely loved the Saint Seiya move. It wasn't just some generic animation, it was Cygnus' Aurora Execution!* I can't believe it was copied so closely. Watching her do that absolutely bizarre dance just like Cygnus did had me rolling on the ground. It is probably one of the stupidest looking moves in shounen short of DBZ's fusion dance.

* Well, Either Aurora Execution or Diamond Dust, I can't quite remember which right now...

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 20:45   Link #453
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I absolutely loved the Saint Seiya move. It wasn't just some generic animation, it was Cygnus' Aurora Execution!* I can't believe it was copied so closely. Watching her do that absolutely bizarre dance just like Cygnus did had me rolling on the ground. It is probably one of the stupidest looking moves in shounen short of DBZ's fusion dance.
[/SIZE]
LOL +1 hilarious
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 21:08   Link #454
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Watching her do that absolutely bizarre dance just like Cygnus did had me rolling on the ground. It is probably one of the stupidest looking moves in shounen short of DBZ's fusion dance.
I never saw Saint Seiya and I was still laughing at that. The whole segment in front of the gate was perfect. I loved the clash of their duties; that was absolutely classic. And when the three girls showed up to watch Yukiji, I know just what they meant; it must be a common form of entertainment on campus just to see what kind of foolishness she is up to.

"And to credit card use!"
Old 2007-04-25, 03:50   Link #455
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I admit I was losing confidence in this show because episode 2 and 3 were absolutely not as good as episode 1. I felt like the show was a bit repetitive and perhaps lacking something.
Episode 4 maybe pointed me to an answer: it was lacking characters? Though the three we got to know were undoubtedly powerful, they needed some supporting cast (not the tiger though, whom I happen not to bear ). In facts the introduction of new characters made the show a lot more interesting, particularly on the sweet figure of the student council president and her whimsical sister. I also enjoyed Yahagi Sayuri's voice as Izumi, even if they were just 3 lines
While this show is quite episodic on its development, it's possible I will be enjoying it more from now on.

And since I'm here, let me also throw a couple of pics of Tanaka Rie (voicing Maria). Something tells me they won't hurt

EDIT (Post below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Picture on the right is Hirano Aya, not Tanaka Rie.
LOL, you're right, I keep all of the recent pics in the same folder and since they're only labeled with a number, I uploaded the wrong one and didn't even check. Fixed! ^^

Last edited by Pellissier; 2007-04-25 at 04:18.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 04:01   Link #456
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Picture on the right is Hirano Aya, not Tanaka Rie.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 04:01   Link #457
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
She also wanted to give him 150 million yen as a gift (before she reconsidered when he made fun of her silly mask)
lol, hayate wouldnt be in a 40year debt if he didnt say "silly mask"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi
Not enough maria.

But other then that a very cute episode. Loving the sisters and ofcourse the continuing parodies. Still....Needs more maria.
i second that! maria needs more screen time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
wasnt that diamond dust? Aurora Execution is what he learns from camus (Aquarius) later. but yeah, it was hilarious! the EXACT same pose/dance as hyouga's the fact that she still had the book in her hand made it look even more funny!
did anyone notice how hayate was drawn like saint seiya style after receiving a "pegasus ryuusei ken" looking move?

btw, whats this fourth wall joke you guys are talking about? im a bit lost there...

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 04:11   Link #458
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
btw, whats this fourth wall joke you guys are talking about? im a bit lost there...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_wall

Episode 4 was good, thought I agree, not enough Maria, in fact this was most about the new characters even Nagi appeared for short time. I wonder how big role these characters will take... but still it was a enjoyable episode.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 04:26   Link #459
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
oh right, fourth wall as in talking to the viewers all the time? lol, i cant believe i never heard of the term

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 07:19   Link #460
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
I wonder how big role these characters will take...
Hopefully a significant one, since I thought Hina was a really good character.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen, synergy sp