Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-25, 03:15   Link #1121
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
Just noticed that Fam, Gisey, and Millia's character's art now also shows their alternative costumes.

Also new ship cross-section!
Wow! Nice find! And Tatiana's trademark vanship is there too! I know where my new signature's coming from now XD
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 22:29   Link #1122
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Over Step

I did misjudged the underground race in this episode, because at the beginning I didn't thought of it as exciting. However, the drama explored and what made Fam move for Millia's sake delivered a nice punch at the last lap making that race exciting for me, at the end.

As for Luscinias' plans, I did not wish to read to deeply into his course of actions, nevertheless, Augusta is just another pawn in his grand scheme to claim back the territories occupied by the returnees to Earth.
But, I shouldn't judge Luscinia too harshly only based on what transpired in this particular episode. I do know that he was already targeting and planning to purge those nobles to prevent potential signs of dissent and unrest within before he got inmediate word about Turran's Government-in-Exile.

At least for now, while I do know that some of Luscinia's recent actions can be wrong, he has his motivations set, and I hope it does turn out to be the case, to protect and yearn for the homeland he once lost.
I do wish the story continues to add / reveal more layers to the complexity of this particular character, and it would be fascinating to see happening in a latter future episode a clash between Vassant and Luscinia.

I really can't conceive that Vassant ended up serving as a General in the Ades Federation replying directly to Augusta just out of pure free will and holding no hard feelings whatsoever against the Military Powers of the Federation for what they did to her Southern Country in the past.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 01:54   Link #1123
The Based

Spoiler for Episode 7:
The Based is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 02:36   Link #1124
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Based View Post
Spoiler for Episode 7:
no way....

Tatiana will take out the flagship and damage a few, in the confusion she'll escape.....
maybe

s... out !!!!!
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 02:49   Link #1125
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Daaaaamn the subbers are fast today. They got it out earlier than Animax did.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 03:37   Link #1126
stormwaltzing
Little Master

Considering they...
Spoiler for Spoilers for 7:
Old 2011-11-26, 04:16   Link #1127
Friday
Im shy too...

Spoiler for ah!!!!:

The Queen knew...but not that way

at last we see meet the 4 pilots, thats how I saw the preview
Old 2011-11-26, 04:59   Link #1128
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Episode 7:

Spoiler for Episode 7:
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 05:28   Link #1129
boss
I am boss

Spoiler:

Last edited by boss; 2011-11-26 at 05:44.
boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 05:54   Link #1130
Shadow X
Stargazing

Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-26, 05:58   Link #1131
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Now here's a problem... was "his" presence one hell of a major retcon? I can't imagine it sitting well with a lot of people...
who?
Old 2011-11-26, 06:01   Link #1132
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Sorry I was talking out of my ass there. Watched it again and realized I misread something.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 08:49   Link #1133
ookamigirl

It was a pretty good episode.
This time with some action too.
Fam sure gives it his all.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 09:12   Link #1134
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quick reaction about this episode.

Spoiler for contents:

I'll do my post about Terran (Ades, Turan and Notos) vs Presterian (Anatoray and Disith) ships later.
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 09:39   Link #1135
lordshadowisle

The new Gracies nation seems pretty interesting. The concept and design of their rocket ships seems dramatically different from Claudia-tech ships. I'll make a massive wild guess here, that this ties in to their isolationist stance; rocket-ships probably don't have the endurance or range of Claudia-cycling engines, or otherwise need gigantic launch platforms (whee-roller coaster launchers).
lordshadowisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 10:11   Link #1136
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I feel sad for Gisey. Fam is ignoring her best friend, being too overconfident and Gisey feels like she losing Fam to Millia.

Fam needs another slap on the face to realize what she's doing.
Old 2011-11-26, 12:56   Link #1137
pewpewpew

General thoughts on this episode: It really underlines how important intelligence/planning is to the Sky Pirates. They're stated to be growing desperate as Ades' purge is likely to make them stronger in future. This may've made them more reckless when choosing their targets. Ōrang apparently anticipated them, and set up an ambush of his own. He also got to test out his CIWS as well, killing two birds with one stone.

Interesting to see Vasant's supporters worried about the extent of the purge. I doubt she's cultivating such a close relationship with the Augusta out of the goodness of her heart.

Very interested to see possible evidence of another Guild faction on Earth, wearing the traditional white. Did Alauda's men kill them? Or were they arriving at the scene of an earlier attack? It doesn't seem possible to tell from that scene. At any rate, all the technology of that enclave is now in Luscinia's hands, assuming it wasn't already.

Regarding next episode: I, er, sort of called it. Battle with Sadri is next week, not this week. It's worth noting that when Millia asked Tatiana how a single ship can fight off a fleet, Tatiana basically said "there's no such tactic, war is a matter of resources." This could be her being coy, or hinting that in their previous defeat of Ades, they had other ships (from Anatoray?) accompanying them to turn the tide. It's funny how Tatiana is visibly warming up to Millia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
I'll do my post about Terran (Ades, Turan and Notos) vs Presterian (Anatoray and Disith) ships later.
I'll look forward to this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshadowisle View Post
The new Gracies nation seems pretty interesting. The concept and design of their rocket ships seems dramatically different from Claudia-tech ships. I'll make a massive wild guess here, that this ties in to their isolationist stance; rocket-ships probably don't have the endurance or range of Claudia-cycling engines, or otherwise need gigantic launch platforms (whee-roller coaster launchers).
Yeah, it's interesting to see a different technological base to the ones we've seen previously. Tatiana's description of them makes them sound like North Korean-style isolationists who launch attacks on anyone who enters their territory. I wonder if the unidentified pilots in the intro are Gracies' soldiers?
pewpewpew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 13:15   Link #1138
Mercurius.H
King of Hg

Gracies seems more like Soviet Russia in an isolationist form.

Orang's subordinate refers to Gracies's vanship as "rocket fighter". From what I could infer from available info, those are rocket-boosted vanships which are lauched from mass driver rails and use rocket engine (possibly disposable) to engage.

Those unidentified female pilots in OP wear distinctive anti-G suits, which fits the concept of high-altitude high-speed interceptor. In real world, MiG-25 is quite an example in design.

I have discovered a truly remarkable signature which this margin is too small to contain.
Mercurius.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 13:31   Link #1139
rulfo

Summarising my thoughts on ep 7....
Spoiler for thoughts?:
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 15:16   Link #1140
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Spoiler for I'm calling it!:
Just a quick notice:

OH NOES THIS LINE HAS BEEN INCLUDED IN TVTROPES!!!

*Still composing the ship comparison*
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, science fiction