AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-01-24, 08:35   Link #241
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Kyou After - It's a Wonderful World

Someone decided that after Tomoyo After, there ought to be a Kyou After, hence this video. AFAIK, this is just a fan-made video, using music from Tomoyo After. Enjoy.

It would be amazing if someone actually spend time to make a doujin game.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1768118

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2008-01-24 at 09:37.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 09:07   Link #242
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

I wonder how big the game would be, if they redid all the CG in 1900x1200.
Old 2008-01-24, 14:54   Link #243
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
I wonder how big the game would be, if they redid all the CG in 1900x1200.
That probably won't even take up 100MB altogether. What you need to worry about is all the voice files.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 18:14   Link #244
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
That probably won't even take up 100MB altogether. What you need to worry about is all the voice files.
Don't worry. It's over 2GB, the voice files are.

Last edited by iamandragon; 2008-01-24 at 18:26.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 20:38   Link #245
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Just played into April 24 of Nagisa's route...

It's so touching...

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 21:31   Link #246
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Crap, I was quite out of it yesterday ><

Meant to say 1920x1080, not to mention the stupid thing I said.

Nevertheless, I'm gonna be a jerk and say "Wahh 800x600 isn't enough".
Old 2008-01-24, 21:37   Link #247
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Meant to say 1920x1080, not to mention the stupid thing I said.
huh? No love for Widescreen? I'm all for your 1920x1200 sugguestion though
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 22:00   Link #248
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

HTPC + Clannad + respectably large TV > monitor imo :P

Not that I have an HDTV, nor a 1920x monitor, I am teh poor student ;(
Old 2008-01-26, 01:40   Link #249
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
I'm a total newbie to visual novels, and just played through the Tomoyo route in Clannad... what can i say? It was really awesome. I was surprised to find how involved i felt by the end of the route, and impressed with how in depth and solid the script writing was.

I followed the 90 hr guide, and even though i found the ending a bit corny ... i was too overcome with relief to really care much. After all, I didn't play this just to experience bitter reality all over again :P!
Itadakimasu! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 14:17   Link #250
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itadakimasu! View Post
I'm a total newbie to visual novels, and just played through the Tomoyo route in Clannad... what can i say? It was really awesome. I was surprised to find how involved i felt by the end of the route, and impressed with how in depth and solid the script writing was.

I followed the 90 hr guide, and even though i found the ending a bit corny ... i was too overcome with relief to really care much. After all, I didn't play this just to experience bitter reality all over again :P!
While it's getting mixed reviews, if you want to delve more into Tomoyo, I would suggest Tomoyo After ~It's a wonderful life~.

If you want a bitter sweet (if you can even call it that), try snagging the PC version, though this probably falls under the Utsu-game category (and adult)

If you want a relieving ending, try snagging the PS2 version (ero scenes are replaced with things like cosplay scenes etc).
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 17:13   Link #251
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
I definitely would... its up to either a) my jap skills to improve drastically or b) a fan translation to come out.

If I want to play Clannad in window mode, but in a bigger size than 640 by 480 (i think), is there anyway I can do that? If i play fullscreen, my widescreen stretches it XD
Itadakimasu! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 17:23   Link #252
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itadakimasu! View Post
I definitely would... its up to either a) my jap skills to improve drastically or b) a fan translation to come out.

If I want to play Clannad in window mode, but in a bigger size than 640 by 480 (i think), is there anyway I can do that? If i play fullscreen, my widescreen stretches it XD
You need to go into video card options. If you have Windows, you can usually access this from the [Advanced] button on the Display Properties>Settings tab. If you see a panel for your video card, just fish around the menus and you should be gold.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 17:36   Link #253
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

You can't run the Clannad game in a higher resolution than 640x480.

Wait for the new version coming out in Feb
Old 2008-01-30, 21:25   Link #254
Diakos

Well this isn't exactly great karma for a first post, but I'm getting pretty desperate here, I've already completed the game one following my gut (which somehow led me down Nagisa into Fuuko and then into no-love end)
So during my second play though I decided to go for my two favourite characters (Ichinose and Tomoyo) but somehow despite following the CLANNAD 90 hours walkthrough both Ichinose and Misae (tried to unlock full content for Tomo) failed.
I'm assuming it's because the wording in the English translated version and the walkthrough are too different but in short I seem to be missing the
Spoiler:
as well as the
Spoiler:

Any help'd be wonderful
Diakos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 23:05   Link #255
Aiikon

Length of the game

I've been reading Clannad off and on since March of last year and one of the things that always comes to mind is how long the story is. Honestly I'm getting a little exhausted here, especially since I'm using the game to teach myself japanese. I'm currently in the after story, right after
Spoiler for scene:
, and I have a few questions.

1) How much longer, percentage wise, do I have to go?
2) How long is this compared to other visual novels? I've read all of Tsukihime and Wind in english, and Koko's route from Da Capo II in japanese.
3) How long is this compared to an english work? It gives me a wierd sense of length because it's in Japanese.
4) What is the best way to read visual novels in general? I usually run them windowed or dual monitor with agth and Jim Breen's text glosser for the translation. I can read hiragana naturally and know probably a few hundred kanji, plus more words that I recognize when spoken, and know enough grammar that I very rarely felt that I didn't understand what was going on.
Aiikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 23:38   Link #256
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiikon View Post
1. You still have quite a bit to go after the event in question...if you're talking about a full clear of After Story, then I'd say you're at about 25% at best. I'm not particularly proud of this, but being native japanese and pretty fluent, I probably spent 10~15hrs from start of AS through the remainder of Clannad over a period of 2 days. So you're probably looking at atleast x1.25 that or more depending on your fluency

2. No clue...I generally watch anime to find manga of interest...this anime was really well done so I picked up the visual novel, which is a first for me :P

3. Do you want it to be compared to an english novel (do western visual novels, not picturebooks, exist?) such as the Da Vinci code?

4. Can't help you here...suffice it to say, it's a little more advanced than your typical light novel imho.
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 02:37   Link #257
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiikon View Post
2) How long is this compared to other visual novels? I've read all of Tsukihime and Wind in english, and Koko's route from Da Capo II in japanese.
3) How long is this compared to an english work? It gives me a wierd sense of length because it's in Japanese.
4) What is the best way to read visual novels in general? I usually run them windowed or dual monitor with agth and Jim Breen's text glosser for the translation. I can read hiragana naturally and know probably a few hundred kanji, plus more words that I recognize when spoken, and know enough grammar that I very rarely felt that I didn't understand what was going on.
1) some 8000 lines or so

2) Can't answer you there, but just looking at the text, I'd say this is seriously longer than Wind was ... that I was able to complete rather quickly.

3) You might want to check out the Game Translation thread....
Quote:
If you want a comparison, I'd look more into plays. Shakespeare's "Hamlet" was 6,051 lines long. A midsummer night's dream was 3,121 lines long. So, averaging about 4,000 lines a play, Clannad is the equivalent of 25 shakespeare plays.

Each line in Shakespeare is about 5 words long. So, Clannad would be about 500,000 words long total. War and Peace is 560,000 words long.

Also, time for fun facts about CLANNAD.

CLANNAD has 102375 total lines. This included 35471 narrated lines and 66904 spoken lines.
4) Wish I knew... I don't know enough Kanji by heart to easily read a visual novel in Japanese... as it is, I'm averaging 50-100 lines a night translating.

As for the question of the previous poster, I've never seen a "Visual Novel" that was purely english in nature... there probably have been some, but I didn't come to realize the concept until Wind and talking with a friend about Higruashi.
todkapuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 05:12   Link #258
Diakos

As my first post was misunderstood and my two folowing were eaten by the forum I’ll get straight to buisenss.
I’m using the 0.94 Clannad English translation fan-patch to allow me to understand the dialogue.
Having tried 5+ times and failed on both Miase and Ichinoses paths I turn to you in hopes that you might help me.
I’ve been using the CLANNAD IN 90 HOURS walkthrough http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...0&postcount=56 , and it’s worked brilliantly up to two certain points, and I suspect the difference in the walkthroughs option translation and the fan-patch may have been my problem.
On Ichinose’s path
Spoiler:

On Miase’s path
Spoiler:

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-01-31 at 05:26. Reason: unallowed link removed
Diakos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 05:35   Link #259
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diakos View Post
As my first post was misunderstood and my two folowing were eaten by the forum I’ll get straight to buisenss.
I’m using the 0.94 Clannad English translation fan-patch to allow me to understand the dialogue.
Having tried 5+ times and failed on both Miase and Ichinoses paths I turn to you in hopes that you might help me.
I’ve been using the CLANNAD IN 90 HOURS walkthrough http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...0&postcount=56 , and it’s worked brilliantly up to two certain points, and I suspect the difference in the walkthroughs option translation and the fan-patch may have been my problem.
On Ichinose’s path
Spoiler:
As for Kotomi, Tomoya must abide to this situation and should NOT drive the intruders away, otherwise, bad end.
Quote:
On Miase’s path
Spoiler:
The serious is the "how you scold", though in that chain, you just have to select the first option each time.
Old 2008-01-31, 10:56   Link #260
Aiikon

Thank you very much for the information. I've probably spent about 6 hours reading the afterstory so far, but part of that slowless is due to fatigue, so I suppose I'll just pick a weekend and plow through.
Aiikon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, key, pc game, ps2, romance, school life, xbox 360