AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-23, 05:24   Link #2021
Kakkou
Tch.

Character design sheets from Animage's September issue:
Spoiler for image size:
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 12:30   Link #2022
Justin_Brett

Can we all agree that we just want to see Truth get his shit pushed in at some point?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 14:18   Link #2023
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Spoiler for EP17:
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 15:37   Link #2024
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 17

Good episode. Like ep15, this is a slower episode with more space for the characters to breath. After last week's new plot twist, they're definitely making an effort to settle the characters and audience into the changes and it's nice to see they're making an effort to at least rationalize things and slow the tempo down a bit. The action scenes this week were pretty interesting as well. All in all I liked it and I think it's good that we have more perspective on the direction moving forward now.

Spoiler for Interesting OP changes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Character design sheets from Animage's September issue:
Spoiler for image size:
Very nice. Thanks a lot for sharing!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 15:51   Link #2025
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Poor Ao.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-08-23, 16:06   Link #2026
miketyson

I'm impressed, last week I thought they'd finally bitten off more than they could chew but this week it seems like they brought everything back under control again. The opening segment was probably the best handling of a "I know what I said sounds crazy but..." scenario I can remember in an anime.

But, even with the more-solid footing for whatever reason I've lost much interest in speculating and all that and am just content for now to see what happens next week. It looks like we're finally about to start surfing that Astral Ocean for real now.

Also, thanks Kakkou, those are some cool concept art sketches indeed. I just wish they had some of Georg.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 16:19   Link #2027
cyberdemon

at least we're finally getting to what the Ao world is to Eureka Seven's world
Old 2012-08-24, 05:55   Link #2028
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Aren't you glad you've stuck with AO this long?
Old 2012-08-24, 10:30   Link #2029
ookamigirl

Things seems to be slowly going out of control.
Naru awaking the scub corals isn't helping the situation.
Ao on his own guilt trip...
Seems like this episode is more dealing with the changed timeline than fighting.
At least Ao found the girls, even though there were no longer part of Generation Bleu.
Truth's intervention complicated things even more.
The appearance of Ao's mom mad things even harder for Ao.
At the same time it did help clear some things up.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 13:13   Link #2030
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Looks like Ao's plan is to just start taking all the Quartz he can to finish the weapon. That Tanaka sure has good timing.
Old 2012-08-24, 13:20   Link #2031
Marower

Ao will go on a Scub hunt, something Naru won't like and as a result they will fight. Pretty sure this will happen, if we judge by the opening. Speaking of the opening, what the heck was that new flying... machine thing that replaced the Goldilock's IFOs?

Next episode will be drama.

Noah was chewing candy (popcorn) in the preview all the time. Feels like an obvious reference to: *grabs popcorn*

Marower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 13:37   Link #2032
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was a great episode. I also felt that last episode had too much for them to follow through on but this did extremely well. And as ever, the intricate politics remain a strong factor in these plot developments.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 13:53   Link #2033
Raincollie
A certain collie of rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lota View Post
What I'm going to say might be weird, but...

Well, while I like the show so far and I'm definitely gonna keep watching I do have to agree that E7 really handled the characters better. While on the topic of characters, I also have to agree that the most memorable ones in E7 were Ray and Charles, Eureka and Renton, and, for some reason Anemone and Dominic (God, episode 48 ♥ ).

But recently I've been thinking about this... We all love this show, but... would it be able to stand on its own feet? Right now, we are hanging on every reference to E7, thinking about when the hell is Renton gonna show up, and waiting to find out what happened to Eureka and Renton in their world. But, I can't help but wonder, if AO was a separate series, if Eureka and Renton were new characters to this show, if we knew nothing about E7, would AO be just as interesting? Of course, thinking like this is pointless, because Ao is their their son, and this is a sequel (sort of), but I just can't help but wonder
If AO was a separate, newely-introduced title (As for "Eureka Seven"), it would probably be viewed by the audience as a great show with one flaw: no background or explanations for anything. We'd just be stranded wondering what the trapar is, why Eureka is such an important key figure, etc etc., and that's where the former series comes in. If Eureka Seven Psalms of Planets wasn't a 50-episode long series, but a dictionary for terms and background stories, then it would fit.

Regardless, if AO was a separate show, this thread would've probably been much shorter, in terms of posts / pages, than it is now, as there would be no arguments over whether or not AO is good as a sequel, or not, and whether or not it's good as a series by its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuukoku View Post
Yay crazy theories! Throwing out mine here too. The distortion that Georg has sometimes, the voice behind it is secretly Renton /rolls over
Glad to know I'm not the only one with that crazy thought.
Or perhaps this theory is more plausible than we think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Also, thanks Kakkou, those are some cool concept art sketches indeed. I just wish they had some of Georg.
But would there really be more than one sketch?

And one more thing (not to Miketyson), I think we are forgetting something:

Spoiler for Large image:

If there is any old information regarding editing this character out of the series, that I've missed, or if I'm just being very stupid, I'd be most grateful to be informed so.

Last edited by Raincollie; 2012-08-24 at 14:18.
Raincollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 14:00   Link #2034
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raincollie View Post
If there is any old information regarding editing this character out of the series, that I've missed, or if I'm just being very stupid, I'd be most grateful to be informed so.
I would assume that's supposed to be the main character in the "Save a Prayer" spinoff manga.
Old 2012-08-24, 14:15   Link #2035
Raincollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
I would assume that's supposed to be the main character in the "Save a Prayer" spinoff manga.
Yeah, here we go. Her name is Yuna Maltan.
Thanks for clearing that up.
I just wonder, though- in the episode of last week, Ivica mentioned that (except for the Goldilocks) there are only two IFO units in Gen. Bleu, which are Pied Piper and Harlequins, but here Yuna is seen with a pilot suit?

And generally, why are there so many civilians in the Gen. Bleu headquarters, and what do they do, if there are only 2 (3) IFO units?

Please pardon my possibly idiotic questions.
Old 2012-08-24, 14:42   Link #2036
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
I just wonder, though- in the episode of last week, Ivica mentioned that (except for the Goldilocks) there are only two IFO units in Gen. Bleu, which are Pied Piper and Harlequins, but here Yuna is seen with a pilot suit?
It's a spinoff. It isn't in the same continuity as this show.

Quote:
And generally, why are there so many civilians in the Gen. Bleu headquarters, and what do they do, if there are only 2 (3) IFO units?
Maintenance, research and development, medical staff, grunt jobs, etc. It adds up.
Old 2012-08-24, 14:43   Link #2037
Trajan
Six Shooter

Quote:

Please pardon my possibly idiotic questions.

I can't offer a definitive answer to the second question, although in one of the earlier episodes we were given hints that there is some kind of tech/mystery located in the basement levels, so maybe they work on that.

As for your first question, I haven't read the manga, so I don't know what the story is or if it's explained there, but I could see Yuna existing as a Pied Piper pilot in a "temporary" timeline. In other words, Ao erases a second scub coral/quartz and all of sudden Yuna is the 4th Pied Piper pilot. Then he erases a third, and she disappears.
Trajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 14:51   Link #2038
Vena
Carpe Diem

A solid episode (with good music placement) after last weeks build up.

I noticed a lot of focus on the girls this week and it seems like next week will probably also have some focus on Fleur (she's the only who's tried to activate the third engine thus far). Elena's starting to twist together the truth and her shenanigans, and its interesting to dissect her words to see what it is she means. The show (and Elena) just keep on teasing Fleur, and her reactions are fun to watch. (Though they did an awful lot of face-focusing today on Fleur whenever Ao did or said anything. Not sure how to take this... are they going for the subtle jealousy route?)

Naru and Ao seem to have been squarely put at odds with one another. Ao wants the Quartz to save mom but Naru, earlier, told Ao not to do that (taking the Quartz, that is) and she's gung-ho on defending the Scub. Throwing some arbitrary speculation out there but it seems like the Secrets did not know the timeline would change, if I understood George-Secret when he was talking to Ao, so I feel like this rules them out as being a creation by Renton. (Their existence in time doesn't really make sense anyway in such a scenario, why would they exist before Eureka is lost and in turn trap Eureka out of time, if they were Renton's tools. They seem to be squarely neutral at this point.) I just cannot see how the Secrets fall into place in all of this at the moment because they are: not the enemies but still caused Eureka to be lost in time. Unfortunate timeloop perhaps? (Oh and we know who transparent Eureka is, its real Eureka stuck out of time.)

On a different note, that Secret head seems to be rather attached to Ao. He talks with him, does not not believe him, questions his actions alot and tries to make sense of it, and, in general, seems to have taken an interest in him. Is he, perhaps, the one that appeared in the dream? I can easily see them forming a strange sort of middle-ground between the other Secrets/Truth/Naru/Scub. Ao can collect the Quartz and change the timeline to a world without Scub, get his mom back, the Secrets are happy, Truth is happy, Naru wouldn't know to be unhappy, but, I guess, Ao losses everyone he knows in the current world. Bittersweet end?

Edit: Did all those people die when the Scub went bananas? It felt like Naru flew off with the one guy she "converted" and killed everyone else off.
Old 2012-08-24, 15:29   Link #2039
Raincollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
I can't offer a definitive answer to the second question, although in one of the earlier episodes we were given hints that there is some kind of tech/mystery located in the basement levels, so maybe they work on that.

As for your first question, I haven't read the manga, so I don't know what the story is or if it's explained there, but I could see Yuna existing as a Pied Piper pilot in a "temporary" timeline. In other words, Ao erases a second scub coral/quartz and all of sudden Yuna is the 4th Pied Piper pilot. Then he erases a third, and she disappears.
Yeah, what's up with TheEND, anyway? It was seen for a second in one of the earlier episodes and nothing besides that. Were there any hints since then?
Old 2012-08-24, 15:44   Link #2040
Marower

Quote:
Yeah, what's up with TheEND, anyway? It was seen for a second in one of the earlier episodes and nothing besides that. Were there any hints since then?
Nope, nothing. It was just shown and then completely dropped, most likely to hype fans. It will probably be back later though.

Marower is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen