AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-03, 08:56   Link #41
blewin

that scene was kind of funny. Anaru ended up hurting herself more.. but at least her feeling's heard. I don't find her such a bad girl. It's normal to feel happy when someone you love says he doesn't like the other person. What makes Anaru great is she feels guilt and berates herself over it. Go Anaru!

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2011-06-03, 11:54   Link #42
User68604
Disabled By Request

prolly the only reason i still watch the show

im hoping anaru moves on from jintan
Old 2011-06-05, 22:51   Link #43
katsudon
Part Time Translator

compensated dating, very popular in japan. it should be done in the states... i mean we already shove food into their trote(sic)/ and buy clothing.... oh wait.. our 'compensated dating' in the states are worse off for the guys.

ah i'm off the topic. i think the best ending that they will use is when everyone become close again and had their person issues resovled. where jintan will move on and form a relationship with anaru, while the two nerdy couple ...whatever their names are will get together. poppo will take menma's spirit with him to travel the world
Old 2011-06-10, 14:55   Link #44
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

i love this girl. she's so realistic--i especially like how honest she is about her flaws and mistakes.

i wish she got over jintan and got with yukiatsu. they've got awesome chemistry and i enjoy their banter.
Old 2011-06-10, 22:18   Link #45
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsudon View Post
compensated dating, very popular in japan. it should be done in the states... i mean we already shove food into their trote(sic)/ and buy clothing.... oh wait.. our 'compensated dating' in the states are worse off for the guys.

ah i'm off the topic. i think the best ending that they will use is when everyone become close again and had their person issues resovled. where jintan will move on and form a relationship with anaru, while the two nerdy couple ...whatever their names are will get together. poppo will take menma's spirit with him to travel the world
Compensated dating usually doesn't turn out so well in American entertainment.
Old 2011-06-11, 01:07   Link #46
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellomarie View Post
i love this girl. she's so realistic--i especially like how honest she is about her flaws and mistakes.

i wish she got over jintan and got with yukiatsu. they've got awesome chemistry and i enjoy their banter.
I really don't. Just don't trust Yukiatsu's motives and think he needs someone that can keep a handle on him. Don't think anything good would come from that pairing.

Still really do like her character and hope things work out as best as they can. Hard to say how good that can be with how tough things can be for all the characters in this series. Will just have to see I guess.
Old 2011-06-11, 06:24   Link #47
fazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I really don't. Just don't trust Yukiatsu's motives and think he needs someone that can keep a handle on him. Don't think anything good would come from that pairing.

Still really do like her character and hope things work out as best as they can. Hard to say how good that can be with how tough things can be for all the characters in this series. Will just have to see I guess.
I agree Yukiatsu is too manipulative. He simply can't be trusted, and Anjo definitely can't handle him.
Old 2011-06-11, 07:00   Link #48
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

interesting..i don't see yukiatsu as manipulative or being untrustworthy at all. he seems like he just wants to move on from menma (especially now that she's "there" and jintan is the only one who can see her) and is extremely insecure when it comes to jintan.

i mean he's been pretty good with anaru too & frankly he's been pretty honest about his motives--he wants to date her but he still hung up on menma. anaru is still hung up on jintan. they both want to move on....what's the problem?
Old 2011-06-11, 09:38   Link #49
fazer

Quote:
interesting..i don't see yukiatsu as manipulative or being untrustworthy at all. he seems like he just wants to move on from menma (especially now that she's "there" and jintan is the only one who can see her) and is extremely insecure when it comes to jintan.

i mean he's been pretty good with anaru too & frankly he's been pretty honest about his motives--he wants to date her but he still hung up on menma. anaru is still hung up on jintan. they both want to move on....what's the problem?
You might be right, and I hope he is serious about dating Anjo.
Its just that seeing his reaction so far and given how he have used Tsuruko for his own agenda before, doesn't make me trust him lol.

But I guess mostly its because I really hope to see Jinta move on from Menma and give Anjo the attention she really deserves. I just love their pairing, they share similar interests and are genuinely honest folks. Not saying Yukiatsu and Tsuruko are dishonest though lol.

Last edited by fazer; 2011-06-11 at 10:11.
Old 2011-06-11, 13:07   Link #50
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:

The problem is that saying he's been honest with his motives requires a level of trust that doesn't exist with Yukiatsu. The majority of his behavior in the series has made building up that required level of trust difficult. His actions can be read as pure or manipulative depending on how you feel about his character.

But really even though this is about pursuing a relationship with Anaru this is more stuff for the Yukiatsu thread since it's about analyzing him and his motivations.

I think it'd be best for now for Anaru to avoid getting into random relationships in the hopes that it'll solve her problems. Have to hang in there while this ghost Menma situation works itself out and try to settle things. The moment at her part time job was something, but it's not enough. She has to come out with her true and current feelings.
Old 2011-06-11, 13:25   Link #51
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

@fazer:

i feel like the lack of attention is pretty much the downfall of jintan/anjo, as you've mentioned lol. and anaru definitely needs/wants attention and reassurance that she's good enough.

Quote:
The problem is that saying he's been honest with his motives requires a level of trust that doesn't exist with Yukiatsu. The majority of his behavior in the series has made building up that required level of trust difficult. His actions can be read as pure or manipulative depending on how you feel about his character.
i suppose but how has he been untrustworthy exactly? except with the cosplaying thing but that seems to go without saying lol.

apart from my obvious positive view of his character, he's been totally genuine with anjo in their conversations, especially about himself.

Quote:
But really even though this is about pursuing a relationship with Anaru this is more stuff for the Yukiatsu thread since it's about analyzing him and his motivations.
true--it wasn't my intention to derail the thread.

Quote:
I think it'd be best for now for Anaru to avoid getting into random relationships in the hopes that it'll solve her problems. Have to hang in there while this ghost Menma situation works itself out and try to settle things. The moment at her part time job was something, but it's not enough. She has to come out with her true and current feelings.
personally don't think this is a random relationship--i think it would be positive for her--she'd be moving on from a guy who really doesn't spare her a romantic thought.

as for coming out with her true feelings i feel like she's been very truthful, she even mentioned something really ugly she felt as well. i just feel like for her character it's better for her to move on from jintan and i feel even more strongly about that with the lack of reaction from jintan.

there's an underlying feeling of not thinking she's good enough when it comes to jintan and SHE IS.
Old 2011-06-11, 14:21   Link #52
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Well, even if he's 100% honest, I have to question whether "we're both losers" is a good basis for a relationship. Has he ever even pretended to be attracted to her? And it's the same for her.

Quote:
i suppose but how has he been untrustworthy exactly? except with the cosplaying thing but that seems to go without saying lol.
That's pretty bad all by itself, though... Especially when you take into account all the groundwork he's done to destroy Jinta's credibility with that stunt.
Old 2011-06-11, 16:23   Link #53
katsudon
Part Time Translator

you do have to give him credit for saving her ass in front of the love hotel. so he isn't that big of a dumbass.....
Old 2011-06-11, 17:27   Link #54
User68604
Disabled By Request

Yeah, i dont see a legitimate romance between Anaru and Yukiatsu. They would simply be using each other in the relationship to try to move on from their true real loves. It's "rebounding" to put it simply

One does not move on from someone they've loved for years and years that easily. Especially considering the fact that Yukiatsu cross dressed as her
Old 2011-06-11, 17:42   Link #55
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, maybe Anaru could crossdress as Jintan and they could roleplay?
Old 2011-06-12, 06:09   Link #56
ZODDGUTS

She really needs to move on. She already confess only for nothing to happen. Jinta is just to hung up on menma. Whomever he dates he'll compare that girl to Menma, Anjou would know that. Anyways Jinta had he's chance but did nothing. Time for Anjou to stop being stuck in the past (childhood crush) and move on.
Old 2011-06-12, 08:35   Link #57
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
Yeah, i dont see a legitimate romance between Anaru and Yukiatsu. They would simply be using each other in the relationship to try to move on from their true real loves. It's "rebounding" to put it simply

One does not move on from someone they've loved for years and years that easily. Especially considering the fact that Yukiatsu cross dressed as her
i wouldn't refer to anjou's feelings as love. she's referred to it as a crush and plus she loved him when she was younger. jintan has changed a lot since then as has their friendship. i also don't think it's remotely healthy to be that fixated on somebody who isn't even going to reciprocate their feelings.

as for yukiatsu, he's said it himself that he wants to move on from menma. pining for a dead girl, even if it's true real love, is just not a happy prospect.

there's nothing wrong with rebounding, especially if the alternative is a hopeless option. it's a good direction for anjou's character.
Old 2011-06-12, 09:18   Link #58
fazer

Quote:
i wouldn't refer to anjou's feelings as love. she's referred to it as a crush and plus she loved him when she was younger. jintan has changed a lot since then as has their friendship. i also don't think it's remotely healthy to be that fixated on somebody who isn't even going to reciprocate their feelings.

as for yukiatsu, he's said it himself that he wants to move on from menma. pining for a dead girl, even if it's true real love, is just not a happy prospect.

there's nothing wrong with rebounding, especially if the alternative is a hopeless option. it's a good direction for anjou's character.
I think Anjo really does like Jinta. Even in the first episode, after not seeing Jinta for quite a long while, after she delivered the summer assignment to him,you can see the disappointment when she left, maybe she wanted to have a decent conversation with Jinta?

The way she cried in episode 8...I feel theres no way she doesn't love him ...
And when she cried in episode 9 after seeing how she could not be compared to Menma...I think she is still in love with him.

Damn Jinta...why is he so blind..I think Menma should ascend to heaven in peace for the sake of everyone.

The thing with Yukiatsu is that he doesn't express what he feel as readily as the others,whatever he said might have been on the surface only. It is not that easy to let go of something that has meant so much to him.

Whatever the case...I still wouldn't want to see Anjo pair up with Yukiatsu...

I agree with the "2 loser" or 2 person on the rebound getting into a relationship is not a good case lol.

And it is ultimately unfair for Tsuruko who was there for Yukiatsu most of the time, I know Yukiatsu might not see her romantically but its still unfair lol!
Old 2011-06-12, 12:48   Link #59
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
theres no true or genuine love in a relationship built around a "rebound." if nething it would detract from them since they'd only be using the other for comfort purposes while not actually loving the other person for who they are
Old 2011-06-12, 14:15   Link #60
deadite

not true. People can learn to get to know each other and love each other in rebound. Human emotions are more complex than you think.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters