Waiting for more taiyuki!

I liked ep.2.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-13, 22:13   Link #162
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Yes, it's a very, very similar style. And just as good. KnM's soundtrack has always been one of my personal favourites. It's one of the few that one can listen to from start to end like an album. I just wish Kubota was in more anime.
I'd just like to say thanks to this bit of information, i shall be checking out Kannazuki no Miko as quickly as possible. I agree - it is a shame that Kubota doesn't do much work, though then again - she creates a style that can't be used for just about any series.
Old 2007-01-14, 00:38   Link #163
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

What I find interesting is one particular scene in the opening where Kyoshiro stabs Kuu directly in the chest (where we saw the glowing mark in episode 1) with his sword and then we see him crying. Hmm, wonder what that is about.

I'm only following this show to see what becomes of Kyoshiro and Kuu. The yuri scenes are rather unsettling to me .

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 03:59   Link #164
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I don't know where you get that. That isn't true where I come from.

I use the term loosely for any young-LOOKING attractive anime male, usually because "bishounen" is better known.
Same with me. Many of my associates like to inform the customers the name of specific locations in the store that only we should be using and this confuses the customers. Which of course they come ask me cause of the location i work at. I meet them half and I, of course can't finish my task and have to stay after the store closes to finish.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 05:00   Link #165
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
What I find interesting is one particular scene in the opening where Kyoshiro stabs Kuu directly in the chest (where we saw the glowing mark in episode 1) with his sword and then we see him crying. Hmm, wonder what that is about.

I'm only following this show to see what becomes of Kyoshiro and Kuu. The yuri scenes are rather unsettling to me .
i guess that would be quite late in the series...one of the biggest secrets to be reveled?

@ Shiroth ~ if you are gonna pick up KnM anime version (i dnt read manga that often ) then you will need to stick to it past the repetitive boring parts (which managed to fail me once ) and then it turns into one hell of an emotional ride :3 but knowing you i bet the musical score is enough to keep ya going

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 08:41   Link #166
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
@ Shiroth ~ if you are gonna pick up KnM anime version (i dnt read manga that often ) then you will need to stick to it past the repetitive boring parts (which managed to fail me once ) and then it turns into one hell of an emotional ride :3 but knowing you i bet the musical score is enough to keep ya going
I can stand a lot of shows, even when people explain them to come out as 'boring' - so i'll be alright. & yes, musical score alone~
Old 2007-01-14, 14:17   Link #167
orion

Quote:

Spoiler:

Last edited by orion; 2007-01-14 at 14:39.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 19:25   Link #168
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora, in my opinion, is the best anime of the 2006/2007 Winter season. ^o^

Does anyone have the ED lyrics or know when the CD will be released?
Spoiler for OP Lyrics:

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 19:34   Link #169
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
Does anyone have the ED lyrics or know when the CD will be released?
Well, not sure about the lyrics, but Shiroth mentioned that the ED single will be out on the 21st of February. I'm looking forward to it, and I'll once again agree with those saying that the music is definitely one of this show's strongest points. Great stuff!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 19:41   Link #170
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Spoiler:
Hahaha . That would be funny. Although I agree that Setsuna probably harbours feelings (beyond that of a servant) for Kyoshiro, I don't think she is the type who will plot against Kuu. To me, she's more of the background flower that will always yearn but will not be cruel toward her innocent rival - although it was interesting that Setsuna said she will take Himiko when Kaon refused to hand over Kuu. I wonder if there was truth to her words or she's just trying to irritate Kaon. Although this is purely speculation, I'll put it as spoilers just to be safe.
Spoiler:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2007-01-14, 23:08   Link #171
orion

Quote:
Spoiler:
Maybe...

Spoiler:

Now, I wonder how much of a badass the other blond is...
Old 2007-01-15, 03:43   Link #172
Asrialys

Hm...two subbers.

We got wet dreams and "I don't feel hot" in one. And hot weather and "I feel hot" on the other. Hm...
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 14:47   Link #173
Mephisto2k
anime4life

Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora seems to have more fanservice as I expected first (luckily somehwhat^^).
However I dont like how they overexegarate with those prince and princess themes...I mean, seriously, a prince coming on a whte horse to save his princess...
But its too early to judge i guess.
Mephisto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 15:26   Link #174
Asrialys

I'm pretty sure they're doing it on purpose. I mean, we have Kuu with her funny monologues. Yeah, who cares about the school getting destroyed because Kyoshiro and Setsuna are more interesting.
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 18:21   Link #175
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto2k View Post
Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora seems to have more fanservice as I expected first (luckily somehwhat^^).
However I dont like how they overexegarate with those prince and princess themes...I mean, seriously, a prince coming on a whte horse to save his princess...
But its too early to judge i guess.
your not the only one...the "white prince on horse" theme seems too corny for me >.< i just hope that the white prince does more than just sit on his horce and look pretty still its too early to tell ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 18:26   Link #176
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

The way I see it...this show is simply for the fun or the heck of watching something because you're bored. There isn't any realistic ploy: an extremely basic plot, funny coincidences and gimmicks that shouldn't be taken seriously. So yeah...whenever I see the white horse, I'd just laugh - if they're going this far, why not take it a step further and made it a pegasus. At least, then I can say...preetttyyy...and laugh .

Anyway, when I saw Kuu going to that mailbox, I was expecting there to be a hole at the bottom of that mailbox and through the ledge, so that when she drops the envelope in, it will simply go straight through the bottom and down the hill...and her prince awaits at the very bottom to catch it . Seriously, is there really a Haiken (that's what she called her prince...I assume it's his name or something). Does someone actually read and/or respond to her letters or do they simply accumulate in that mailbox? Ah, the mysteries of illogic.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2007-01-15, 19:41   Link #177
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I'm fond of those fairy tale like animes like the whole "prince and princess" thing. Sure, there were awkward scenes and sometimes too exaggerated scenes. As for the fanservices, well....I have no say to that
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 21:53   Link #178
orion

I was wondering about the mailbox too. Maybe there's some tragic backstory associated with it. It did have a red background associated with it...

Spoiler:

Anyway, I like fairy tale type stories too. Excellent replay value imo.
Old 2007-01-15, 22:29   Link #179
IronFenix

Well I find the mailbox to be a neat idea. Good way to present her thoughs... but the horse is just too much.... It's rediculous.
IronFenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 00:17   Link #180
orion

That's squarely aimed at the female audience. Part and parcel for being a "prince" in Western fairy tales is to ride a white horse. The music also fits the epic Western fairy tale mode imo.

I'm wondering why Setsuna is in a "maid" role if she's a powerful angel. You can't marry the prince if you're working in his household.

Tags
action, fantasy, kaishaku, romance, shounen