AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-11-26, 20:19   Link #81
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
SO I was reading some of the entries in Wiki and I notice soemthing:

Alastor is listed as a Lord of the Crimson Realm

Miriham (aka Skelator) is listed a Crimson Lord

And you have others listed as Crimson Denizen.

So i was wondering if someone can explain what these actually mean?
as far as anyone can tell, they are nothing more than a power ranking title. for example, Hecate, Sydonay and Bel Peol are all considered crimson lords (Guze no Ou) just like Alastor/Tiamat/Marcosius/etc.

however, (to take an example from this season) Mare is considered a denizen. (Guze no Tomogara)
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 00:02   Link #82
X207
Gamyūsa

i just decided to watch season 1 of this anime, my question is wat order to watch all the seasons/side stories. i dont want to go about unessarily spoiling the show.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 00:10   Link #83
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i just decided to watch season 1 of this anime, my question is wat order to watch all the seasons/side stories. i dont want to go about unessarily spoiling the show.
if you want to be safe, you can watch the Shana-tan specials and the hot springs OVA at the end of the series. (shana-tan is parody anyway, so it's probably best after you've had a full sense of the characters in the first season) OVA is after 13
(twins arc) if you want to see it then though.

movie is just a (arguably superior) retelling of the first 6 or so episodes (the Frigane arc), so feel free to watch that anytime after that.
Old 2007-11-27, 01:13   Link #84
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

The DVD specials are parodies so you should watch them just after the episodes they make fun of. That way they are funnier since the episodes are fresh in your mind.
Shana-tan is after episode 8
Shana-tan Returns is after episode 16
Hecate-tan is after episode 24
The OVA is best seen after the show is done even though it takes place a bit earlier than that.

As ashlay said, the movie is just a retelling of the first 6 episodes, but if you watch it right away you'll won't enjoy it as much because you've just seen the bloody thing. Watch the whole series first and then enjoy the movie since it will have had a time to settle.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 06:55   Link #85
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
if you want to be safe, you can watch the Shana-tan specials and the hot springs OVA at the end of the series. (shana-tan is parody anyway, so it's probably best after you've had a full sense of the characters in the first season) OVA is after 13
(twins arc) if you want to see it then though.

movie is just a (arguably superior) retelling of the first 6 or so episodes (the Frigane arc), so feel free to watch that anytime after that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
The DVD specials are parodies so you should watch them just after the episodes they make fun of. That way they are funnier since the episodes are fresh in your mind.
Shana-tan is after episode 8
Shana-tan Returns is after episode 16
Hecate-tan is after episode 24
The OVA is best seen after the show is done even though it takes place a bit earlier than that.

As ashlay said, the movie is just a retelling of the first 6 episodes, but if you watch it right away you'll won't enjoy it as much because you've just seen the bloody thing. Watch the whole series first and then enjoy the movie since it will have had a time to settle.
ty to both of you, im at se1e6 atm shouldnt take too long to catch up with the whole series .
Old 2007-11-30, 17:41   Link #86
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
May I know what is your reason for watching OVA after the show is done? Watching episode 17 to 24 should not have much effect on understanding the OVA. The only thing I can think of is that the reason why Ogata was so desperate to confess to Tanaka at Episode 18 due to her failure to do so at the OVA. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 2007-11-30, 19:57   Link #87
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Just that I felt the rhythm was better if you watch it after 24. That's probably why they didn't make it until after 24. It certainly doesn't break anything if you disagree and watch it after 16. This is just a matter of the feel of the show.

There are much better reasons to watch the movie after the series is done. There is one particular difference between the movie and episode 6 which will have a strong impact on the experience of watching episode 24.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-11-30, 22:15   Link #88
X207
Gamyūsa

wat exactly is a keeper? does it prevent ppl from forcefully removing the reiji maigo?
Old 2007-12-02, 02:41   Link #89
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
wat exactly is a keeper? does it prevent ppl from forcefully removing the reiji maigo?
yep. that's it.
Old 2007-12-02, 11:02   Link #90
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
yep. that's it.
ty, my guess as to how it was made was by breaking the synchronization with hecate.
Old 2007-12-02, 18:03   Link #91
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

It's not a bug, it's a feature.
Old 2007-12-02, 23:22   Link #92
Kristen
*Author

Something's been bothering me. When a person burns out as a torch, they are forgotten and erased, right? To a parent, it's like they never had a son/daughter. But, what if the parent becomes a torch and burns out? What does the child think?
Old 2007-12-03, 00:54   Link #93
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Something's been bothering me. When a person burns out as a torch, they are forgotten and erased, right? To a parent, it's like they never had a son/daughter. But, what if the parent becomes a torch and burns out? What does the child think?
they figure they're an orphan, or their parents sent them to live there, or something of that nature.

however, your confusion regarding the whole issue brings up the key reason why there are such things as Flame Hazes trying to uphold the balance of the world: even if you forget someone, there's still telltale signs that they existed, or rather, their lack of existence can become noticeable. As tomogara consume more and more humans, more and more logical inconsistencies start to pop up, and reality as a whole becomes even more damaged.
Old 2007-12-04, 14:15   Link #94
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
they figure they're an orphan, or their parents sent them to live there, or something of that nature.

however, your confusion regarding the whole issue brings up the key reason why there are such things as Flame Hazes trying to uphold the balance of the world: even if you forget someone, there's still telltale signs that they existed, or rather, their lack of existence can become noticeable. As tomogara consume more and more humans, more and more logical inconsistencies start to pop up, and reality as a whole becomes even more damaged.
Of course. I guess it makes sense. Like a baby on the steps of the place.
Old 2007-12-04, 22:44   Link #95
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Haha, only now they have to figure out how to support themselves all of a sudden.
Old 2007-12-05, 21:46   Link #96
zero7090

can anyone tell me why does Margery want kill that silver flame tomogara that badly ?
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 22:21   Link #97
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
can anyone tell me why does Margery want kill that silver flame tomogara that badly ?
go watch episode 8 in season 1 or episodes 8 and 9 in season 2. In fact, Eita just mentioned why.

Silver took away the one thing Margery had in life: her revenge.
Old 2007-12-12, 14:38   Link #98
Paul
Bakka Baka!!!

Quote:
go watch episode 8 in season 1 or episodes 8 and 9 in season 2. In fact, Eita just mentioned why.

Silver took away the one thing Margery had in life: her revenge.

At least he gave her a new revenege
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 19:12   Link #99
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

How was Reiji Maigo created in the first place?
Old 2007-12-18, 19:28   Link #100
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
How was Reiji Maigo created in the first place?
Spoiler for novel spoilers: