AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-10-12, 06:04   Link #1
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

M.U.G.E.N. who plays it?

I just started getting back into the MUGEN phase ever since WinMUGEN came out (basically a rip off of the Linux version) and am slowly transferring my characters out of the outdated DOS version into the Windows system.

My question to y'all is this. Do any of you have any anime based characters that are of really good quality (Goku X and Yuusuke from YuYu Hakusho come to mind)? I'm kinda tired of using GGX, Capcom, and SNK characters all the time. Maybe even some Naruto characters might be cool as well!

Thanks!

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 21:22   Link #2
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
nah man, can't help ya. I use to play it alot a few years ago at my friends house, but it just kinda died off. He did have ALOT of characters though, don't know where he got um. some anime characters I recognized, but the only one I can really remember is Kenshin, who was a MONSTER. Had alot of cool moves from the show.
Old 2004-10-13, 00:09   Link #3
bunnykun
What is, what is?

could you elaborate on what WinMUGEN is?
bunnykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 01:34   Link #4
NeverRamza

I've heard of this before. Is this game genuinely fun or is it all just a novelty for a little while?
NeverRamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 06:17   Link #5
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Well, WinMUGEN or MUGEN (one being windows-based and relatively new, the other being DOS based) is a fighting engine where you can take or make your own characters and pit them against, let's say, Ryu, Kyo, Goku, Kenshin (mine doesn't work dammit), and what not. It's pretty cool once you get the hang of it. In order for the fun to last though, its good to have your own controller and customize the hell out of your game. Not all the characters you can download are good, but there are some customized ones that really rock. Just google MUGEN and you'll see.

Old 2004-10-13, 06:40   Link #6
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah
I just started getting back into the MUGEN phase ever since WinMUGEN came out (basically a rip off of the Linux version) and am slowly transferring my characters out of the outdated DOS version into the Windows system.

My question to y'all is this. Do any of you have any anime based characters that are of really good quality (Goku X and Yuusuke from YuYu Hakusho come to mind)? I'm kinda tired of using GGX, Capcom, and SNK characters all the time. Maybe even some Naruto characters might be cool as well!

Thanks!
My apologies if you've already seen this site- I just did a quick search for Mugen and found the following:

http://www.streetmugen.com/cat.php?t...re=Personnages

It's a french site that apparently has some Kenshin and DBZ characters. I don't know if they are of a high quality or not. Hope it helps- now to download Mugen myself....or perhaps I'll sleep first.
Old 2004-10-13, 08:31   Link #7
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Yeah, I just found that site yesterday. I appreciate the help though.

Old 2004-10-13, 09:26   Link #8
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Yeah, street MUGEN is a great site, tons of characters, but I couldn't get alot of charcters off of it at the time for some reason. It might be different now though.