AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-07-27, 16:35   Link #41
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

You saw Dragon Ball Goku, They didn't show a damn clip of the new movie -_-
Old 2012-07-27, 16:57   Link #42
Richocet
Lover of Purity

...That was pointless, nothing from the new movie, but I don't know what all he was saying
Old 2012-07-29, 12:24   Link #43
GDB

Not sure why one would expect to see footage of it this early. It isn't coming out for another 8 months.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 20:34   Link #44
DeathStrike
SLASH!

super exciting news... there is now an English website and 37 second trailer!!!

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2012/08/...glish-website/
Old 2012-08-07, 21:15   Link #45
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

That's still not a fuckin trailer >< stop foolin us.
Old 2012-08-11, 16:49   Link #46
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well can say there was a sigh of relief when realizing this wasn't some sequel to 'that' movie...

Curious to see what they might do with that time gap and the kind of enemy that might end up being used for it.
Old 2012-08-19, 16:23   Link #47
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I just hope that Toriyama writes a decent story for this film, because quite frankly we all know he lost his steam during the Buu arc.
Old 2012-08-19, 19:09   Link #48
sky black swordman

^ What do you mean by that? I found the Buu Saga enjoyable.
Old 2012-08-19, 19:41   Link #49
ZODDGUTS

Buu was the worst arc. Frankly I didn't mind that DB Kai didn't go into that arc.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 19:53   Link #50
sky black swordman

^ Which part was bad ? What ther any thing you like about the Buu Saga?

On DB Kai, from what I remember the manga was going to stop at the end of the Frieza Saga but the fans wanted more then came more. then the series was going to end at the Cell Saga but once again the fans wanted more then came the Buu saga.
DB Kai ended in the way the author intended.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-08-19 at 23:12.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 22:47   Link #51
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
On DB Kai, from what I remember the manga was going to stop at the ebd of the Frieza Saga but the fans wanted more then came more. then the series was going to end at the Cell Saga but once again the fans wanted more then came the Buu saga.
DB Kai ended in the way the author intended.
This has been proven false already. None of that is true in the slightest.

The Buu arc had so many problems. If you weren't a saiyan, you were completely left behind. Even Piccolo was relegated to mentor status; he was no longer a big player in the fights. And the fights themselves weren't very entertaining; the majority of them were quite one-sided to say the least. Gohan should have been the one to destroy Buu, but then Toriyama resorts to having Goku save the day again which completely goes against what Goku said about the newer generation and earthlings having to fend for themselves for a change (it was no longer his place to save the earth from evil threats). There were also some character and story inconsistencies.

The Buu saga wasn't well thought out, and one can easily tell that Toriyama was getting tired of writing his story and just wanted to be done with it. The quality easily shows this.
Old 2012-08-19, 23:13   Link #52
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Wait...this is fucking real? Like actually real? No joke?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 23:18   Link #53
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post

The Buu arc had so many problems. If you weren't a saiyan, you were completely left behind. Even Piccolo was relegated to mentor status; he was no longer a big player in the fights. And the fights themselves weren't very entertaining; the majority of them were quite one-sided to say the least. Gohan should have been the one to destroy Buu, but then Toriyama resorts to having Goku save the day again which completely goes against what Goku said about the newer generation and earthlings having to fend for themselves for a change (it was no longer his place to save the earth from evil threats). There were also some character and story inconsistencies.

The Buu saga wasn't well thought out, and one can easily tell that Toriyama was getting tired of writing his story and just wanted to be done with it. The quality easily shows this.
Well I Will find out it is true or not.
But from I remember Gohan was going to defeat Majin Buu, but fans wanted to see Goku and Vegeta fight together and that gave birth to Veggito .

This true, I did sometimes question a few things.
Old 2012-08-19, 23:58   Link #54
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Well I gotta say, this is pretty amazing news, I know it's a month old, but I have been out of the DBZ loop for a long time. I can't wait to see what this movie has in store for us. Very excited.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 01:44   Link #55
n0m@n
C-Z

Well Dragon Ball was supposed to be ended much earlier.
-First, it was supposed to be ended in volume 3(I think) of the manga after Goku fights Jackie in Tenkaichi Budoukai. But was continued due to it's popularity.
-Then it was supposed to end after Goku defeats Picollo Jr. But again for the same reason continued.
-Then it was supposed to end after Cell saga. AGAIN, he was forced to continue because JUMP urged him to. This is also the reason why KAI ended with Cell saga, according to fans.
-The manga finally ended with Buu saga. But the TV studio continued on to make GT. They say GT is canon and also say that Toriyama acknowledges GT as cannon, but on another source Toriyama has stated that it isn't it.

There is also a speculation in Japan that this movie will actually make DBZ cut ties with GT(THANK GOD!). So if this is true, then I can bash GT to my hearts content.
Old 2012-08-29, 22:58   Link #56
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I can not wait to see this new film
Old 2012-08-31, 07:51   Link #57
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Thanks for the bump i guess. >.>
Old 2012-09-05, 02:51   Link #58
Samari
World's Greatest

I'm looking forward to this, and it's surprising that it's actually going to be canon compared to the other movies which I believe all aren't (unless it was a special). At the same time, I'm not sure if this franchise needs another film. This will be the what, 18th Dragon Ball film? I kind of want the franchise to be left alone.

By the way, Kuririn with hair looks ridiculous with his gi. Also interesting that in the promotional photo Son Goku is wearing the "Go" kanji on his gi, which he had clearly abandoned after his fight with Freeza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
There is also a speculation in Japan that this movie will actually make DBZ cut ties with GT(THANK GOD!). So if this is true, then I can bash GT to my hearts content.
That would be the best thing ever. GT is God-awful, and after all these years I still haven't watched it in it's entirety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post

This. The series should have ended at the Cell saga with Goku dying. I'm really not a fan of the Buu arc at all...actually the story just really seems to jump the shark after the events on Namek (although I did like the Artificial Humans). But with the Buu saga, for me, it's the ultimate back hand to characters like Kuririn, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, and even Piccolo like you mentioned. Unless you are a Super Saiyan, you're basically nothing and have nothing to do or offer the series. It's absurd. As the manga went on and on there were just way too many characters that we didn't get to know too much about and/or they didn't get enough to do which ended up for some of them being reduced to mere cameos after earlier having bigger parts in the story (Tenshinhan). I believe this was the series' biggest pitfall.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2012-09-05 at 03:06.
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 01:52   Link #59
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
The series should have ended at the Cell saga with Goku dying. I'm really not a fan of the Buu arc at all...actually the story just really seems to jump the shark after the events on Namek (although I did like the Artificial Humans). But with the Buu saga, for me, it's the ultimate back hand to characters like Kuririn, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, and even Piccolo like you mentioned. Unless you are a Super Saiyan, you're basically nothing and have nothing to do or offer the series. It's absurd. As the manga went on and on there were just way too many characters that we didn't get to know too much about and/or they didn't get enough to do which ended up for some of them being reduced to mere cameos after earlier having bigger parts in the story (Tenshinhan). I believe this was the series' biggest pitfall.
To be honest, I like Buu Arc for its humor (also, Super Saiyan 3 & Vegitto ROCK!) .

But yeah, It'd be the best if the movie cut ties with the Buu Arc as well. I definitely approve (but bring SS3 & Vegitto back! ).
Old 2012-09-06, 02:18   Link #60
Samari
World's Greatest

I just hope the plot of the new film isn't the same formula that films 1-3 instilled for the most part where a new evil enemy surfaces that wants to take over the universe or destroy the planet "just because" and it's Z Senshi to the rescue resulting in an epic showdown in the middle of nowhere. I hope the Dragon Balls are at least incorporated in some facet. I'm assuming the plot is not going to be complex, because that's just what Dragon Ball isn't, but I just pray it isn't the same thing we've seen before almost frame by frame.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote