AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-09, 01:51   Link #61
fireshark
CRF Believer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to fireshark
Google for VisualNews forums. They can help you. Search for SETFADE.EXE and _inmm.dll.
fireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 01:28   Link #62
Winson
Dragon Overlord

Kanon

I have heard from somewhere that there are some Kanon English Patch, does anyone know where I can find one? search engines failed me
Winson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 14:24   Link #63
urasada

If you make a save before the part where it fades to white and then reboot and load game from there you can avoid the glitch of freezing
urasada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 17:20   Link #64
Seigi

I have a few questions about this game.

First, about the PSP version. I'm French and I'd like to buy Kanon and play it on my PSP. Do you think it would work? It is supposed to, but some people here said it didn't (didn't really understand the reason though).

Then, which version should I buy, PS2 or PSP one? I understand Japanese, and I see those visual novel games as a way to study it. However, my knowledge of kanji isn't that great, so I'm afraid I would sometimes hardly understand Yuuichi's lines.
That's why I thought I should buy PSP one, since he's voiced. But isn't the screen a bit too small for that kind of games? I mean, arts won't be as beautiful as on a TV... Even though playing on PSP is more handible...
So, which one's the best?

And finally, the most important question, and I really need a quick answer. I'm currently watching Kanon 2006 (EP 12), but... Which one should I finish in first? Game or Anime? I don't know if I would have more fun playing the game and then watching the anime, or watching the anime and then playing the game...
Until now I thought that watching the anime was better cause that way I'm sure I understand the story, but I need your opinion.
(Same goes for Clannad by the way, if you played it too ^^)
Seigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 21:16   Link #65
coroloro

I've only played the Kanon game without a translation, thus unable to understand it. From my experience, however, in games vs. anime I would say that the anime takes one of the possible endings and often bits of the rest of the game and puts it into one plot thread. For example, in Kanon I imagine you can end up with one of any of several 'main girls' depending on your decisions. In the anime, however, he ends up with just one. I'd compare it to choosing to read the book or see the movie first.

My personal opinion? Watch the anime first. You'll enjoy it and it'll give you a strong idea to go with, especially if you are already so far into it.

-P
coroloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 16:55   Link #66
Seigi

Yeah, I guess you're right, I'll watch the anime first. Couldn't wait much longer anyway ^^.

Now, I just have to choose between the PSP and PS2 version, and I still can't make my choice. Can someone explain me under which circumstances PSP version doesn't work? The thing about
Quote:
PSP owners with a broken UMD drive can't play the iso which is currently making it's rounds
And then, I'm still looking for some information to know which version is the best ^^
Old 2008-02-17, 15:22   Link #67
Seigi

How does it come that NO ONE said anything about the fact that characters aren't voiced anymore from 13th ? Am I the only one who's shocked? Until then, it's great, everyone's voiced, even Yuuichi, but after that, nobody is... Why?
I really enjoyed playing Kanon, but I won't be able to finish a single route (let alone the entire game) if half of the game isn't voiced.
Does anyone know the reason? Do other games have the same problem (Clannad or Air for example)?
It's a real shame, and it's dishonnest, since the only way to learn this, is to read the booklet (which you can read only once you've bought the game...)

I'm disappointed, really. I do hope that other Key games are voiced till the end...
Old 2008-05-19, 21:56   Link #68
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Any news on an english patch?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 23:51   Link #69
yjs

Non-Directional Translations is working on one.
http://radicalr.pestermom.com/vn.html

Apparently 100% translated and currently 50% edited. No idea on possible release date... Keep hoping!
yjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 01:59   Link #70
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

I just got my copy of Kanon, and there's something that is surprising me: There are no voices. I have the Standard Edition for All Ages on the PC. There should be voices, shouldn't there?
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 14:50   Link #71
charizardpal
灼眼の

I was wondering, how does the game Kanon's length (how long it takes to play Kanon) compare to the length of the other games?

In particular, how does it compare to Air and "One~ 輝く季節へ~?"

Oh & btw, isn't it weird how Sayuri has a "best" ending and shes not even one of 5 the main heroines!

「心でなくちゃ、よく見えない。もののなかみは、目では見えない、ってこと。」
charizardpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 04:27   Link #72
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Hmm, NDT's english patch has been leaked some days ago ? Oh, it's interesting. Want to try it, but no links, heh...
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 17:02   Link #73
Miraploy

Does anyone have any updates on the translation?
Miraploy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 16:58   Link #74
illpala

heres a partial kanon patch

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MDTUWPZJ
illpala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 21:53   Link #75
Welkins

Can someone tell me what folder to extract the NDT's english patch files into? It said to extract it into KANON_SE Directory in the readme file, but I don't see a folder with that name. I do, however, see a blank file with the name kanon_se.env.

Help me out, I've been wanting to play this game for a while.

Also, I read around and heard something about getting the voices for DC/PS2, but when I skimmed through the game a bit, there was already some voice over for Yuuichi and Nayuki. Should I download the voice files, or would it not matter, since there already seem to be some. Also, I can't download the Japanese vavg32 file, since the link is broken.

Any help would be appreciated.
Welkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 23:50   Link #76
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Voice for Yuuichi? What version do you have? The only version I know of where Yuuichi has a voice is the PSP version.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 00:50   Link #77
Welkins

When I was skimming through it I could've sworn I heard Yuuichi's voice. I've just now actually played it and yea it's only Nayuki(so far).

I guess it was unreasonable, the main character shouldn't have a voice over.. since well, the main character is you.
Old 2009-04-17, 22:44   Link #78
Kylon99

Maybe you were thinking of the animated drama CDs with Atsushi Kisaichi in them since they look like they came from inside the game.

Some people have asked us which part of the game we got the 'animation' from...

I was (jokingly) worried that when the English patch came out that they would be accused of 'breaking' Yuuichi's voice... (and all the animation)... heh.. heh... errr...
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 10:31   Link #79
sailorsean

Hey there, I was wondering if there is a way to extract the Kanon voice files from the ps2 version? I have the original iso for the ps2 version and I was wondering if there is a way... thnx!
sailorsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 19:20   Link #80
Welkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorsean View Post
Hey there, I was wondering if there is a way to extract the Kanon voice files from the ps2 version? I have the original iso for the ps2 version and I was wondering if there is a way... thnx!
You can download the voice file from this link:

http://www.zshare.net/download/543037857382147c/

(taken from NDT's patch README file)

Just replace the KOE file in the KANON_SE directory with the KOE file you download from the load above.

To find the KANON_SE directory, go to computer-->C: Drive-->KEY-->KANON_SE

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ero-game, eroge, key, romance, visual novel