AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 64 Rating
Perfect 10 79 68.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 15.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 6.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.31%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.86%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.86%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-05, 21:36   Link #81
kitten320

Looks like he did, though seeing how Mei was clinging to him and how Al seemed to like her... I'm not suprised.
Old 2010-07-05, 21:54   Link #82
yajra03

wow.perfect ending for a perfect anime, i love the pic of may in the anime than in the manga.

i love hologram as the ending song!

"nope, god hates us. even if we go, he'll send us back"
Old 2010-07-05, 23:14   Link #83
Shinigami00

Descent episode but it just didn't click for me. I still believe the first series was better. I don't know how some of you guys can like this series so much, but everyone has his (her) own likes. now i need to look for new anime.
Old 2010-07-06, 01:01   Link #84
Somnus
Eh?

An entire epilogue episode for a legendary series. Then an epilogue for the epilogue.

They've finally done it. The perfect ending.

Thank you FMA.

As you can tell I'm a huge "endings" person, as I think those can make or break a show.

What a gift this show was.

Last edited by Somnus; 2010-07-06 at 01:24.
Old 2010-07-06, 03:39   Link #85
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
UPCOMING MOVIE? Do you have a link to that? maybe a thread here in Animesuki? (Sorry I just joined this thread ) I am so excited to see they will finish this remake with another movie just like they did with the first version of FMA ... SO AWESOME!
The 'remake' is finished with this last episode. There's no more manga material to animated.

& the film was announced at the end of this episode. We have no more information then that yet.
Old 2010-07-06, 04:03   Link #86
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

My bad, maybe I should have phrased it differently. I know the "remake" was finished with ep 64, what I meant to say was that they will finish the whole "FMA package" by throwing a movie in there just like they did with the first version...
Old 2010-07-06, 07:59   Link #87
kitten320

Well the 1st season wasn't really finished since brothers were seperated that is why movie was required.
Here they are all together and happy... though we might see their journies or something

Shinigami00
I kinda understand you, I actually have mixed up feelings right now. I'm big drama sucker so 1st series did seem more appealing for me too. But this season had some cool characters and moments too...

Though in my opinion having homonculus as unlucky human transmutation results was better, it somehow spiced things more...

But I like original story as well so don't get me wrong guys
Old 2010-07-06, 14:02   Link #88
ViewtifulAlchemist

I didn't expect much from epilogue episode, to be honest I just wanted to hear the "Fullmetal Heart" quote live. I love that line, such a great way to end the series with.

I didn't expect them to add such subtle changes, it didn't change too much so no big deal. Ok Roy's mustache maybe...something about it just looked off. Like someone took a marker and drew it on him at the last minute...ugh (what has been seen cannot be unseen).

Movie announcement? Have no clue what it could be about but more FMA can't be that bad.

Sig by Jze0
Old 2010-07-06, 14:09   Link #89
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

I'm honestly considering editing that part of the video and removing roy's mustache all together...and then putting that edited version in my stash of goodness. That way i'll remember this series as a more "masterful" piece.
Old 2010-07-06, 15:12   Link #90
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Good God, people. Enough with the moustache. He's got it. Deal with it. At least now he doesn't look like a teenager... I think it makes him look like Clark Gable, myself.

Riza: Sir...about that moustache...
Mustang: Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn...
Old 2010-07-06, 15:14   Link #91
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Good God, people. Enough with the moustache. He's got it. Deal with it. At least now he doesn't look like a teenager... I think it makes him look like Clark Gable, myself.

Riza: Sir...about that moustache...
Mustang: Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn...
LOL although the Clark Gable comparison does sort of amuse me the mustache does really look horrible on him. That being said I am loving all the jokes and fun that has sprung out of this mustache.
Old 2010-07-06, 15:30   Link #92
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Actually, I don't think it makes him look older. It reminds me of these teenage boys trying to grow out a big manly beard and end up with some pathetic fluff under their nose. It doesn't look good on him and it's amusing to talk about it
I would have voted for the whiskers:

Spoiler for omakes:
Old 2010-07-06, 16:07   Link #93
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

OMG what is going on? An ending that has possibilities of a second series, but without leaving me feeling like they didn't tie up the story properly. Great series, for once I actually liked a re-make over the original
Old 2010-07-06, 17:30   Link #94
kitten320

^I think you fraced it slightly wrong... Brotherhood is the original since it is manga based. Even though 1st season anime appeared first, it was animation team idea.
Old 2010-07-06, 20:53   Link #95
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Someone from Live journal who came back from a French convention is saying the movie is going to be live action. If that's true not sure what I think about that.

http://community.livejournal.com/fm_...8.html?#cutid1
This article is full of sh*te.

No one from bones attended the french convention.

Dybex (the french distributor) organized a special projection of the last episode in presence of the french dubbers.
Dybex confirmed there would be a movie, but they had do since the movie was announced at the end.

Dybex doesn't know anything more than that. (or doesn't want to tell more). No one confirmed it would be a live action movie.
Old 2010-07-06, 22:51   Link #96
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

^ Yeap, I don't see a live action movie happening here. At least I don't want to...
Old 2010-07-07, 00:10   Link #97
Nosauz

I really liked the ending of the anime like 10-15 times better than the manga, The last five seconds of showing some resolution to the budding romance between edd and winry was excellent. Although it's not in the manga, those last couple of seconds were great, as if that emotional investment payed off because those characters we grew to love were able to obtain some closure in their lives. Bones really did add their little touch and I'm glad that they did because this adaptation has been great.
Old 2010-07-07, 03:56   Link #98
klare

this may be the least exciting eps in the entire series, but it is expected since all the fights were settled

feels a little bit weird to see Alphonse's human-look...

so far this is the best manga to anime adpation i have came across

and now this series is officially in my all time top 10
Old 2010-07-07, 18:25   Link #99
Grey

Pretty good final episode. Only one thing notably bothered me. The way they dealt with the Marcoh/Mustang deal. The manga said that Mustang would have to leave the military because he's blind--he'd lose a lot of his power and potential to affect change in the country. That gave a lot of meaning to Mustang's deal with Marcoh and using the Philosopher's Stone to regain his eyes. The anime skipped that, so a lot of significance is lost.
Old 2010-07-07, 18:27   Link #100
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Pretty good final episode. Only one thing notably bothered me. The way they dealt with the Marcoh/Mustang deal. The manga said that Mustang would have to leave the military because he's blind--he'd lose a lot of his power and potential to affect change in the country. That gave a lot of meaning to Mustang's deal with Marcoh and using the Philosopher's Stone to regain his eyes. The anime skipped that, so a lot of significance is lost.
Even in anime "Political Correctness"exists.
Closed Thread