AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-08, 14:52   Link #661
Mateus

Downloaded the demo the other night, I might try it out tonight or tomorrow.
Old 2012-10-08, 19:58   Link #662
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post

And has anyone played Mercenaries much? I thought I was pretty good at RE6 after all the campaigns but I barely scraped 20,000 points for a D rank in Leon's fight in the first area.

Any hints?
It's hard to A when you go solo. Try using split screen with a friend or go online and play with someone.

Technique here is to get first all the time extend then kill off a few zombies, then shoot the bonus point, also equip skill Time extended, that is how I got my A on a solo.

Jake is pretty much the top tier here since he can dash to enemies and pick 'em up and throw them.

Characters All taunts
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-10-08, 20:42   Link #663
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
It's hard to A when you go solo. Try using split screen with a friend or go online and play with someone.

Technique here is to get first all the time extend then kill off a few zombies, then shoot the bonus point, also equip skill Time extended, that is how I got my A on a solo.

Jake is pretty much the top tier here since he can dash to enemies and pick 'em up and throw them.

Characters All taunts
YouTube
really? people find it hard to get A rank? I guess everything feels easier when you play on pro first time through lol
Old 2012-10-08, 21:13   Link #664
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

lol WWE's Cody Rhodes and Piers Nivans

http://sadpanda.us/images/1222644-PUJ2JFP.jpg
Old 2012-10-09, 00:44   Link #665
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I want to play as that BSAA agent so freak bad.

I wanna know who he is!

Is he Hunk or what? I need answers!
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 00:55   Link #666
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Well I recall being uneasy about the game before it's release for some reason, and I had low expectations for the game after the HUGE disappointment that was RE5, but I must say this game proved me wrong which was nice.

The length is a huge improvement over RE5 which was my biggest complaint, there are more QTE moments than there were in RE5 which is nice, and the pace is pretty decent. About the only thing I have to complain about is the lack of cool death scenes, sure they stepped up the death scenes from Resident Evil 5 but it still doesn't compare to the variety of death scenes there were in Resident Evil 4.

Sure there are a lot of haters out there who want to cling onto the old style of Resident Evil and while I TOTALLY disagree with Capcom's logic that they should totally change it's style to get some of that COD style money, I see nothing wrong with Capcom evolving the franchise after a certain point and I think after 4 sequels and 3 spin offs of the old survival horror style they were allowed to get away with upgrading the series to the action style.

But I do admit co-op still did make it so the survival horror would be NON-existent, it had that old vibe when you played as Ada but that was mainly because YOU WERE ALONE, thus proving my point that if you're gonna make a survival horror game you HAVE to be solo with no AI or player controlled partner. Resident evil 4 was able to combine both action and survival horror QUITE well due to you playing solo. Action is great when you combine it with survival horror in my opinion.

Hence is why I'm VERY worried about Dead Space, while I'm aware that co-op is strictly only an option and you won't have a AI controlled partner, I'm a bit worried that EA will totally get rid of the survival horror element because of them adding the ability to go co-op and that It'll ONLY be action(During co-op). But we'll wait and see, I enjoyed Dead Space 2 for it's blend of survival horror and action and I'm hoping Dead Space 3 will give me the same enjoyment.

Overall I definitely enjoyed the game more than I thought, and if people would stop clinging to the past so much and embrace change at least a little more then I'm sure others will too. Besides it's not like in the future Capcom won't give us more our good old fashion survival horror style RE games in the future right??????
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 02:45   Link #667
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
OST's coming out by November 14.

Such a long wait.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 06:52   Link #668
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post

But I do admit co-op still did make it so the survival horror would be NON-existent, it had that old vibe when you played as Ada but that was mainly because YOU WERE ALONE, thus proving my point that if you're gonna make a survival horror game you HAVE to be solo with no AI or player controlled partner. Resident evil 4 was able to combine both action and survival horror QUITE well due to you playing solo. Action is great when you combine it with survival horror in my opinion.
This.

Also RE has evolved over the years, nothing much we can do not unless Ca$hcom releases a new horror survival game.
Old 2012-10-10, 23:00   Link #669
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

http://www.original-gamer.com/articl...ked-by-modders

Disc Lock Content

Quote:
Update: It's been brought to my attention that most of the content is unlockable via multiplayer, RE.net, and completing the game. Per the YouTube user, there are partial files of DLC that is on-disc but not complete:

Here's additional information about each multiplayer DLC mode by looking at files on the disc:

Onslaught: Sounds similar to Slayers from RE5 in that's it's basically a competitive mercenaries, but it's played on 2 seperate maps. You can cash in your combo to send more enemies to your opponent's stage. There's a medal for killing your opponent with monsters you sent by cashing in combo. And a medal for sending all possible monsters, so I guess there's a maximum. You can send normal enemies and hidden bosses to your opponent. I think this mode is 2 players maximum.

Survivors: Similar to last man standing, supports both free for all and team based. Your goal is to kill other players. When dying you spawn as a monster, you can kill 2 players to spawn as a human character again. There's mentions of using enemy points to spawn as a tougher enemy, I dunno if that's for this mode or something else. Amount of points earned depends on weapon used. Whenever you get hurt, other players get to know your position. When there's one human player left, he wins.

Predator mode: One player is Ustanak, other players have to kill him as normal characters. Melees work better than weapons to rescue players from Ustanak. You can respawn when playing as a human character, but it is game over if all players are dead at the same time (I think Ustanak also wins if time runs out). As Ustanak, you can can switch between different arms (claw arm, wrecking ball arm and shotgun arm).

Siege mode: Team based hostage mode. One team play as monsters, other team play as human characters protecting civilians. As a monster, you can accumulate enemy points in order to spawn as tougher monsters. Human players can give orders to civilians. Enemy creatures respawn very quickly. Monster players get to know position of civilians when they are hurt. There are bonus crystals you can destroy, I don't know what they are for.

Update #2: CVG has recevied this statement from Capcom regarding on-disc DLC:

"We still have unannounced DLC for RE6 that will be revealed in the coming months and while virtually all such content will not be on the disc there will be one piece of content, that for technical reasons, requires the use of a combination of newly downloaded data and data that is included on the retail game disc."

Old 2012-10-11, 07:26   Link #670
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Siege and Predator mode sounds awesome
Old 2012-10-13, 18:00   Link #671
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Two free DLCs coming up- Ada gets a co-op partner and the "No Hope" difficulty is added. source

Just completed the campaign on Normal- doing a Veteran run with alternate characters which also doubles as a emblem run.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 05:00   Link #672
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Free Disc Lock Contents from Ca$hcom lol

Also doing emblems. Damn it. I need to use Piers and Sherry in 2 of the emblems hunts since they access a certain area where the main characters don't. =/

Unlocked all the costumes and Carla. Seems if you want the alternate costume color aka Costume color 2 you need to buy it with RE points in RE.net and yes the RPD Helena is very slutty with the bike pose her you know what is exposed.
Old 2012-12-04, 21:51   Link #673
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ustanak Mode
YouTube
Old 2013-01-22, 18:02   Link #674
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Dunno if I should make another thread.

But there is an announcement of a RE Revelations for the Xbox360, Ps3 and WII-U.
HELL YEAH!!!

YouTube
Old 2013-03-05, 14:22   Link #675
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
http://www.destructoid.com/resident-...e-243965.phtml
Old 2013-03-05, 14:25   Link #676
Sumeragi
Banned

I think they were expecting too much.

Frankly, RE has grown too big in the story scope.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 15:33   Link #677
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The game still sold millions, I really don't see why it's considered a failure.

Yet they're trying so desperately hard to justify that DmC was a success by slashes expectations... >_>
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 15:43   Link #678
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ ca$hcow demands more $. they still havent had enough $ to swim around in
their office, so it's consider a failure.

Quote:
Resident Evil 5 currently sits at 6 million and Dragon's Dogma at 1.3 million. DmC: Devil May Cry is expected to shift 1.2 million, while Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate has been considered "successful."
i guess they should start making Monster Hunter for Vita and Ps3/ps4 more since
it's considered "SUCCESSFUL."
Old 2013-03-05, 15:56   Link #679
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The game still sold millions, I really don't see why it's considered a failure.

Yet they're trying so desperately hard to justify that DmC was a success by slashes expectations... >_>
Profits must not have exceeded the dev-costs, I'd imagine.

It had a pretty huge budget after all.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 15:56   Link #680
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

PC IGN: Valve, Capcom Partner for Resident Evil 6, Left 4 Dead 2 Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC IGN
Capcom and Valve have revealed the Resident Evil 6 x Left 4 Dead 2 crossover project. According to the announcement today, characters from Left 4 Dead 2 will be featured in the PC release of Resident Evil 6, while Resident Evil 6 enemies will appear in the PC version of Left 4 Dead 2. The crossover content will be free in both games.

Resident Evil 6 will allow players to choose Left 4 Dead 2’s Coach, Nick, Ellis or Rochelle while playing the PC’s exclusive The Mercenaries No Mercy mode, and each will come equipped with “a special customized weapon load-out created just for use in Resident Evil 6.” Special Infected zombies The Witch and Mini Tank will also appear in the mode. The Left 4 Dead 2 content will be available in the PC version of Resident Evil 6 beginning on April 5th.

Meanwhile, Left 4 Dead 2 will receive the Lepotitsa, Napad and Ogroman enemies from Resident Evil 6, all “brought to life in Left 4 Dead 2 by Valve’s renowned developers using its Steam Workshop tools.” The additional enemies will be available this Spring.

“We’re huge Resident Evil fans, so when the opportunity arose to work directly with Capcom to combine L4D2 and RE6, we jumped at it,” said Valve’s Chet Faliszek.

“The Resident Evil 6 team really enjoyed working on this crossover, and we’re confident that our fans will have a great time with it too! We hope you enjoy this unique content,” Resident Evil 6 producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi added.
At least it's free, though it's still quite a strange, if oddly logical, crossover.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote