AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-16, 06:44   Link #41
cyth
Banned

I overstepped my boundaries and called it bullshit a little earlier, but it seems the director made some comments on some Nico Live show when the new season was announced. The news is basically word-of-mouth and how much you can trust people that spread the information, but no official announcement yet.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 07:03   Link #42
romcom89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That's wonderful news if it's true - is there a confirmation of that anywhere?
Don't know, of it's really official, but ...
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...nime-announced

"Buzz from Japanese Nico Live news watchers has the show planned for split-cour scheduling to cover the remaining manga material."
romcom89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 17:37   Link #43
Dop
Mmmm....

Certainly that would be brilliant if they adapt all the so far unadapted manga.
Spring and Autumn are going to be the seasons to really look forward to in that case.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 01:37   Link #44
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Just saw the premiere at Anime Japan. Hard to hear as the screening area is sandwiched between two loud Idol stages, and of course no subs. The good news is it looked like Mushishi - no CG or notable degradation in production quality. No OP, though that may be added later. The really exciting bit is that Nakano Yuto was there and gave an interview afterwards.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 02:10   Link #45
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
How much would I benefit from watching season one before this comes out? I saw the OVA and enjoyed it.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 02:14   Link #46
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
How much would I benefit from watching season one before this comes out? I saw the OVA and enjoyed it.
Hard question for a few reasons....

1. We don't know how much S2 will have deliberate tie ins to S1 (kinda doubtful, but who knows?)

2. Not quite sure what you mean by "benefit".

For me this is a very interesting series (the manga is only a little better, but we will see what S2 brings to the total sum comparison wise), and is rewarding in and of itself. But then again, stuff like this is my cup of tea.
Old 2014-03-22, 02:31   Link #47
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Hard question for a few reasons....

1. We don't know how much S2 will have deliberate tie ins to S1 (kinda doubtful, but who knows?)

2. Not quite sure what you mean by "benefit".

For me this is a very interesting series (the manga is only a little better, but we will see what S2 brings to the total sum comparison wise), and is rewarding in and of itself. But then again, stuff like this is my cup of tea.
It pretty much ties in with your first point. I was wondering if season 2 would be a direct continuation of season 1, and thus would I miss anything/be lost if I didn't watch it first. I should have just stated it that way to begin with, sorry.
Old 2014-03-22, 02:40   Link #48
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

There are some episodes in season 1 that deal with Ginko's past, which explains a lot about his background. You wouldn't quite get this or understand him as well without seeing them.

Mushishi is just a really amazing series though, I see no reason to watch the second season first while the first season is already there.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 02:43   Link #49
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
It pretty much ties in with your first point. I was wondering if season 2 would be a direct continuation of season 1, and thus would I miss anything/be lost if I didn't watch it first. I should have just stated it that way to begin with, sorry.
No probs. ^^

Well, the series is... episodic... a sort of sense of chronology for the MC does eventually develop but it is not shoved in your face, if you get my meaning. So sorta picture 26 eps like the OVA where one gets a sense of a chronological narrative after a while? Something like that?
Old 2014-03-22, 03:36   Link #50
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Indeed, Mushishi is one of the more episodic series out there, and the first season is launched into without all that much preamble or explanation. But there are episodes which fill in a lot of blanks, and those are important.

More to the point, if one was interested in Mushishi I just don't know why they wouldn't want to watch the first season, as great as it was. The TV special was very good, but it would have ranked as one of the weakest episodes IMHO. I really think Zoku Shou would be appreciated much more after watching the first season.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 06:06   Link #51
Relm

I just registered to this forum to say thank you for liking this series as much as i do.

I recently knew that a second season was coming up, and as several other people that have posted in this thread, i cannot express how i'm feeling right now.
Mushishi is the series i like the most of all the anime i have seen (and i have been watching for over 12 years now) and i had lost all hope of watching a second season, and even less, to have it with the whole core cast intact.

The joy increased even more when by means of your comments i realized that a special was recently aired, and rushed to see it... and i tell you, i don't care how ridiculous it might seem, i couldn't stop my tears from flowing, when all the characters form the previous season appeared one after the other for a brief moment, and i remembered how nice that experience was.

Thank you
Relm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 07:48   Link #52
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
There are a few recurring characters in the series. If you haven't watched the first season, you'll have no idea who they are. There are also concepts (including one that will be very important for the final arc IIRC) that were explained in season one that season two will most likely assume you know about, so you might be lost there.

In any case, there's really no reason not to watch the first season if you intend to watch this one. Mushishi is a masterpiece and one of the very best anime of all time, why wouldn't you want to watch it? There's no need to rush though, take your time. Mushishi is best enjoyed slowly.
Old 2014-03-22, 09:08   Link #53
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Very few shows have been able to capture life in a dreamlike way as well as Mushishi. I really can't wait to see new episodes. This really was one of the high points of my anime watching life, so I can't wait to experience more.

Thank Kami that we will finally get some high quality anime this year. It's been somewhat lackluster for a while in my opinion.
Old 2014-03-22, 15:03   Link #54
Cloudedmind

Thanks for the replies guys, it wasn't so much that I didn't want to watch it, just that I don't really have time, with work (I'm actually at work right now. ;_, and the other things I'm already doing I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get through season one before season two started.
Old 2014-03-22, 17:00   Link #55
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Looks like Aniplex is gonna stream this one as well.... Updating thread title here.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...e-next-chapter
Old 2014-03-24, 19:20   Link #56
MCAL

Finally finished the entire first season. And I am definitely am interested to see more episodes.

A few of the episodes whiffed on me (Probably wasn't in the right mood while watching), but even when they did they were still varied and interesting that it almost didn't matter. I'd give the anime a 9/10, but it totally deserves all those tens too.

Also Ginko is pretty cool.

Last edited by MCAL; 2014-03-25 at 19:23.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 02:07   Link #57
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Don't know if this has been posted here yet, but the first episode airs Friday in Japan. 24:00 (midnight Friday night) local time, 10:00am US Central Time.
Old 2014-03-30, 03:16   Link #58
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Mushishi's first season was very enjoyable- the only complaint about it (other than having no true plot/ending) was that a few of the episodes, while all having resolutions, didn't exactly end on a truly happy note. I'm just afraid that when we get those kind of episodes again, the feels are going to hit and stick around for the week between each episode.

But other than that, this is still going be be one of my most highly anticipated anime for this year.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 04:16   Link #59
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the replies guys, it wasn't so much that I didn't want to watch it, just that I don't really have time, with work (I'm actually at work right now. ;_, and the other things I'm already doing I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get through season one before season two started.
Don't feel obligated to watch S2 as it airs. It's episodic and it's not an anime-original like Kill la Kill or Nagi no Asukara, so you won't miss out on huge speculation discussions or anything. Finish S1 at your own pace. If that means an episode every two days, that's fine. Let the wonder come naturally.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 13:57   Link #60
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Mushishi's first season was very enjoyable- the only complaint about it (other than having no true plot/ending) was that a few of the episodes, while all having resolutions, didn't exactly end on a truly happy note. I'm just afraid that when we get those kind of episodes again, the feels are going to hit and stick around for the week between each episode.
That was actually one of the better things about it, IMO. I absolutely hate "angst for angst's sake", which I think we see far too often nowadays, but we got none of that with Mushishi. Bad things may happen, but they happen in the course of the story, not as the point of the story.

Also, the somewhat creepy atmosphere, along with the minimalistic score...the only show I can think of that I actively tried to make sure I was watching it with the lights out... ^_^