AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-30, 14:31   Link #61
hyoism

I lovvvelovelove NC. My first thoughts on chapter 126 and reply to some of the posts here. (Warning, it's unnecessarily long lol)

Spoiler for Recent manga chapters:
Old 2009-01-21, 11:16   Link #62
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Update on the Nodame Author

~ Courtesy of ANN ~

Manga artist Tomoko Ninomiya reported on her personal blog on Tuesday that she has carpal tunnel syndrome, and thus has continued to put her Nodame Cantabile series on hold. She said that her hand would get numb when she tried to write words a month after she gave birth to a boy on October 24. The symptoms gradually spread to both arms to the point that there was swelling and eventually pain, especially in the morning when she woke up. She went to a doctor who confirmed the diagnosis.

Ninomiya took time off from her manga drawing in October, the last month of her pregnancy, to have her baby. After her baby was born on October 24, she reported in a November 3 blog entry that she could not raise her right arm because an unknown pain in her shoulder and arm. The new Nodame Cantabile: Paris anime sequel premiered in Japan in October, and two live-action films were announced last month for 2010. Del Rey will publish the 16th of the 21 current volumes of the manga in North America next month.

Source: Oricon

Guess that the manga will still be on hold for a while more... Hope that she will get well soon!
Old 2009-01-23, 15:06   Link #63
hakisak
Banned

Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyoism View Post
I lovvvelovelove NC. My first thoughts on chapter 126 and reply to some of the posts here. (Warning, it's unnecessarily long lol)

Spoiler for Recent manga chapters:
This a great post! I just just disagree about one point

I think their personalties balance each other very well. (Despited him being extremely thickheaded at times)

Chiaki because of his sense of abandonment was very detached. It kept him from forming bonds. Nodame because of her clingy, obsessive, "I love you senpai I will do anything to make you happy!"ways. Helped him, to be able to form bonds with people. Because of her he he made friends, he became attached to people. Because of this he flourished and his life changed. For once he saw people not as instruments. He didn't just care about talent. He was touched by their feelings. The person themselves...

He wasn't afraid to get involved with others. He actually cared about another beyond what kind of music music they made. Nodame brought that out and indeed only someone as forceful, batty, talented, lovable and as determined to make him her man-- Would ever stand a chance of breaking down those thick walls he surrounds himself with

Likewise, Chiaki taught Nodame not to be a quitter. To have more confidence in her abilities. He made her want to try, and not just quit. He changed her from being a total slacker. He not only taught her she did love her music and it was indeed an important part of her. He taught her how to love it. He also taught ( this is just because he is such a blockhead at times.)

She doesn't have to obsess over whether or not he will be snatched away by someone with more talent than her. She doesn't have to mold herself into an image that isn't her at all. Just to please him and make him desire her. She realized she won't die without him if he doesn't return her love. Nor will her life end as she know because of it.

Because of that she's stronger and more independent. She has focus, she has structure, (<---Something her family never gave her -->) she has stability... everything she is now she owes to Chiaki.
(He also prevented her eventual death from stomach poisoning )

The type of character Chiaki has, only a total opposite would compliment him. Can you a imagine a female Chiaki-type? I would slit my wrist from emo over load...

The one complaint I have is, I love Chiaki as much as I do Nodame...No a bit more.

Her character always moves forward, there is always progression...
While Chiaki takes two baby steps forward than a GIANT step back. It irritates the hell out of me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce View Post
~ Courtesy of ANN ~

Manga artist Tomoko Ninomiya reported on her personal blog on Tuesday that she has carpal tunnel syndrome, and thus has continued to put her Nodame Cantabile series on hold. She said that her hand would get numb when she tried to write words a month after she gave birth to a boy on October 24. The symptoms gradually spread to both arms to the point that there was swelling and eventually pain, especially in the morning when she woke up. She went to a doctor who confirmed the diagnosis.

Ninomiya took time off from her manga drawing in October, the last month of her pregnancy, to have her baby. After her baby was born on October 24, she reported in a November 3 blog entry that she could not raise her right arm because an unknown pain in her shoulder and arm. The new Nodame Cantabile: Paris anime sequel premiered in Japan in October, and two live-action films were announced last month for 2010. Del Rey will publish the 16th of the 21 current volumes of the manga in North America next month.

Source: Oricon

Guess that the manga will still be on hold for a while more... Hope that she will get well soon!
omg! *dies*

So she can't just record her thoughts and get a an artist to draw it?
It will still be hers...

Omg...I am being so insensitive!

Thanks for this post. Now I know the reason for the drought. It was seriously driving me crazy because I couldn't figure out where the heck was the new chapters.

Last edited by hakisak; 2009-01-23 at 15:17.
Old 2009-02-11, 11:22   Link #64
Nosauz

YESSSSS!!! Nodame will be back in march, I is excited eh I'm pretty sure i read it on ann, heres the link http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...azine-in-march
Old 2009-03-21, 20:03   Link #65
typhonsentra

I just started watching this show earlier today and something kept crossing my mind while it was on: How can something like this possibly work without the music? It just.... it seems so weird.
Old 2009-03-22, 00:07   Link #66
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I just started watching this show earlier today and something kept crossing my mind while it was on: How can something like this possibly work without the music? It just.... it seems so weird.
It's actually a reason I find it difficult to read the manga.

And why I prefer the anime and live action.
Old 2009-03-30, 09:31   Link #67
MissInformed

Surprisingly, it works quite well, I think. The mangaka kind of weaves together the story either in the music or behind the music and the story of the characters. It is different, but interesting. That being said, I do love the anime (first season mostly) because of the music.
Old 2009-04-03, 09:01   Link #68
ffantasy24

anyone read the newest chapters yet?

Spoiler for chp 128:
Old 2009-04-06, 19:35   Link #69
strategos

When does every chapter get release?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2009-04-07, 14:22   Link #70
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

It seems like Chiaki is beginning to think not that Nodame is lucky to have him but, in fact it has been he who was lucky to have had her. He no longer has to worry about overshadowing her but should actually start worrying about being overshadowed instead by her.

I wonder if Nodame is conflicted because she no longer wants to perform with an orchestra just so she can get closer to to Chiaki, but actually wants to be part of the music for her own pleasure.

I hope the relationship between those two doesn't change to much, I love those two little love birds together.
Old 2009-04-09, 09:59   Link #71
kari-no-sugata

129 is out in RAW...

Nodame, what are you up to...?
Old 2009-04-23, 08:28   Link #72
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Well it appears that she is at an "uncertain" stage again... even though she got rave reviews, it appears that she's completely worn out from the entire experience.

I guess this was why Auclair was so strict with her... her growth might be tremendous but it seems that he was trying to moderate her wildly swinging emotional response....
Old 2009-05-16, 23:18   Link #73
strategos

when are the chp of nodame release? once a month?

Old 2009-05-25, 08:27   Link #74
kari-no-sugata

Chapter 130 is out (next chapter will be out in 2 weeks).

Spoiler for chapter 130:
Old 2009-05-30, 02:24   Link #75
strategos

Damn, that ending :O. WTF. I been reading some rumors that seems the manga might be ending in less than a year, will it be true?

Old 2009-06-03, 08:25   Link #76
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
Damn, that ending :O. WTF. I been reading some rumors that seems the manga might be ending in less than a year, will it be true?
I remember seeing a post about that, but I wonder...

In the first B&W from the latest chapter, there's some text saying "4th Movement" (ie this is the start of the 4th major story-arc of the series). I don't think it's going to be ending any time soon...
Old 2009-07-10, 15:26   Link #77
Claes
Claes lover

lol, I just got my copy of Volume 21
lololololololol Is that Velkan magic circle?
Way to go Franz!
Old 2009-08-02, 08:56   Link #78
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
132 has been released in the usual places. It is just as how Auclair has lambasted Stresseman for "ruining" his student, Nodame appears to be seeking a new path for herself.

Though admittedly, I thought she had already obtained her answer at the end of the first contest she took part in. That she wanted to be a pianist because she sought to make others happy. Guess its time to look for the reason that makes herself happy.
Old 2009-09-01, 16:52   Link #79
Claes
Claes lover

Chapter 134

I like hows the recent chapter progress
More Yadviga (or Yadovi as NCIS translate it) is more fun!
Old 2009-09-24, 23:47   Link #80
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Sigh, sad news. Nodame manga is coming to an end next issue on October 10

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-on-october-10

I wonder how it will end though...but... NnooooOOoOOoooo.... Chiaki Senpai, i will miss youuuu... :X
Closed Thread