Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-07-22, 05:46   Link #1081
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
so.... i think that when they get there... local police wont be outside anymore... rather, they are inside teh building.....
If those gunshots are indeed from the police station, chances are the police are holed up inside, having turned the station into a fortress, and there's probably a horde of "them" outside, too.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 12:32   Link #1082
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Police station will be a good fortress for Ammo/Weapons but you run out of food easily and then to get out it'll be the hell .

Ow if ever the zombies will overcome the fortress you can also hide inside the cell and lock it
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 13:42   Link #1083
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Police station will be a good fortress for Ammo/Weapons but you run out of food easily and then to get out it'll be the hell .

Ow if ever the zombies will overcome the fortress you can also hide inside the cell and lock it
Question is how strong are the zombies in force are they strong enough to bend or knock the bars out.

I do agree the police station has most likely been turned into a fortress similar to how Saya parents had their residence set up. There would be plenty of ammo. I however would not fire unless i had no other choice to keep from attracting more of 'them" to the area. The problem would be food but the Japanese are pretty organized i wouldn't doubt there would be rations or something stored in the station encase of something like massive earthquake.

I think we are do to see Shido and brain washed bunch sooner rather than later, thats if most of them survived and if they did if they make an arc out of the police station i dont think Shido will be around much longer afterward's. Hes most def got a number painted on him.
Old 2010-07-22, 22:10   Link #1084
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
If those gunshots are indeed from the police station, chances are the police are holed up inside, having turned the station into a fortress, and there's probably a horde of "them" outside, too.
Well it was already said there was rioting going on, and the people would be pissed as hell at the authorities, which just happens to be the police in this matter, not that it is their fault. But if there was indeed rioting, the police station would most likely be pillaged and pretty much destroyed.
Old 2010-07-23, 05:43   Link #1085
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
Well it was already said there was rioting going on, and the people would be pissed as hell at the authorities, which just happens to be the police in this matter, not that it is their fault. But if there was indeed rioting, the police station would most likely be pillaged and pretty much destroyed.
true... but i think local police would still have riot shields.... so that can be of good use....
Old 2010-07-23, 05:46   Link #1086
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Does the Japanese police force even have access to decent weaponry? I mean, they're service weapon is a five shot .38 special.

It doesn't instil in me the confidence they'd have a back room full of Howa Type-89s and ammunition coming out of their arses.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 06:59   Link #1087
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Does the Japanese police force even have access to decent weaponry? I mean, they're service weapon is a five shot .38 special.

It doesn't instil in me the confidence they'd have a back room full of Howa Type-89s and ammunition coming out of their arses.
mostly... police are equipped with riot level gear.... only SWAT tier police are equipped with AR's.... sadly....

if it is true.... then....
the gear found in the police station will be:
riot shields
.38 snub nosed revolvers and ammo
pump action shotguns and corresponding shells
nade launchers with tear gas or flashbangs
some SMG's (some use it for riot control as it is very compact in congested areas than a rifle), probably 9mm's and .45ACP's

BUT if its a main station where the SWAT tier police are present... theres a high chance that they'll also find:
TP89's and corresponding gear and ammo
flashbangs (zombies can NOT be blinded as they do NOT see but hear)
nades (unlikely but if theres some, GRAB IT AS IT WILL BE VERY VERY USEFUL)
body armor (i dont believe that japanese police have 'heavy' armored units for riot control like the MW2 juggernaut besides the Anti Riot squad)
combat knives (each of them HAS to bring them, with the exception of saeko)
Old 2010-07-23, 10:58   Link #1088
Z1FE

ive been thinking of starting high school of the dead is it any good
Z1FE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 11:16   Link #1089
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
mostly... police are equipped with riot level gear.... only SWAT tier police are equipped with AR's.... sadly....

if it is true.... then....
the gear found in the police station will be:
riot shields
.38 snub nosed revolvers and ammo
pump action shotguns and corresponding shells
nade launchers with tear gas or flashbangs
some SMG's (some use it for riot control as it is very compact in congested areas than a rifle), probably 9mm's and .45ACP's

BUT if its a main station where the SWAT tier police are present... theres a high chance that they'll also find:
TP89's and corresponding gear and ammo
flashbangs (zombies can NOT be blinded as they do NOT see but hear)
nades (unlikely but if theres some, GRAB IT AS IT WILL BE VERY VERY USEFUL)
body armor (i dont believe that japanese police have 'heavy' armored units for riot control like the MW2 juggernaut besides the Anti Riot squad)
combat knives (each of them HAS to bring them, with the exception of saeko)
As far as I know, only the Special Assault Team and the Counter-Firearms Units alongside the Special Investigations Team (and Martial Arts Attack Team, both special anti-riot squads) are the only police units with decent and good weaponry, including pistols.

But if we're gonna talk about spec ops team from the JSDF...

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 12:58   Link #1090
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
As far as I know, only the Special Assault Team and the Counter-Firearms Units alongside the Special Investigations Team (and Martial Arts Attack Team, both special anti-riot squads) are the only police units with decent and good weaponry, including pistols.

But if we're gonna talk about spec ops team from the JSDF...
talk about special forces in Japanese squadron....a rumor in my society said some of young Killers reported to Boss that A LOT of troop sent to give support at Tsunami disaster at Aceh-Indonesia actually Ninja in disguise.

After playing Resident evil 4 I have an idea when the party encounter zombie, I think its best to cripple their legs to immobilize them first before beheaded it.
And if Blade isn't available, even a broom stick can be useful to stab them to death (assumed you can stab them without yelling the name of your move)
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 13:28   Link #1091
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well as this happens in Japan , talk about Japanese policeman .

I don't know much about them but i know that i just saw them with pistols . But in their fortress dunno what they have .
Old 2010-07-23, 14:10   Link #1092
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Well as this happens in Japan , talk about Japanese policeman .

I don't know much about them but i know that i just saw them with pistols . But in their fortress dunno what they have .
thats the question.... as organized as they are, weapons are concern as only they are mostly armed with snub nosed revolvers that fire .38 specials. i think only higher ranks and detectives carry bigger caliber rounds. this is just a rumor but JP detectives are usually armed with .45ACP pistols. the TP89 probably is rare amongst the district police tho as i dont think even in riot scale levels police will arm the units with assault rifles. probably its just shotguns. but i'd like to see an AA12 or an 870MCS instead of the mossberg 500 tactical.....
Old 2010-07-23, 14:41   Link #1093
dfens

As far as I know the regular japanese police are lightly armed since they rarely ever get into situations requiring lots of ammunition or fire power.

If a officer is armed they are only equipped with the older japanese made NANBU M60 a smith and wesson copy and the Smith and Wesson model 37 both chambered in .38 special with either 2 or 4 inch barrels. Most of the time they just carry 5 rounds only and no spare speed loaders.

As for shotguns normal officers wouldn't need them and their is no mounts for them in their cars anyways so the chances of finding some are slim. So I'm assuming that a police station isn't going to have all the goodies we are hoping for.

From what I was able to find out only the SAT has all the real fire power and their is only 300 members active at all time across the entire nation of japan. They are the SWAT team called in when the SHTF. So only a handfull of stations would have these officers and their armory to go with them.

But detectives and other plain clothes investigative officers are issued Sig Sauer 230's in .380 acp, I think their specialty designated JP models and have a slide mounted manual safety added which Sigs do not have from the factory.

So are hero's might get lucky and find some new guns or be able to replenish their ammo but I doubt that. Unless their is a sniper rifle their Kohta and Rei isn't going to aquire more, Saya's Luger is 9mm a military caliber so the chances are slim to none. With Takashi he might get lucky and find some 00 buck shot but it all depends on the Police Stations load out.

I think people have a case of wishfull thinking going on. This is Japan not the United States where over here police officers are armed to the teeth.

A gun is better than no gun but Japan and it's total ban on firearms would be devastating if such a disaster ever happened in real life.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 15:05   Link #1094
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
As far as I know the regular japanese police are lightly armed since they rarely ever get into situations requiring lots of ammunition or fire power.

If a officer is armed they are only equipped with the older japanese made NANBU M60 a smith and wesson copy and the Smith and Wesson model 37 both chambered in .38 special with either 2 or 4 inch barrels. Most of the time they just carry 5 rounds only and no spare speed loaders.

As for shotguns normal officers wouldn't need them and their is no mounts for them in their cars anyways so the chances of finding some are slim. So I'm assuming that a police station isn't going to have all the goodies we are hoping for.

From what I was able to find out only the SAT has all the real fire power and their is only 300 members active at all time across the entire nation of japan. They are the SWAT team called in when the SHTF. So only a handfull of stations would have these officers and their armory to go with them.

But detectives and other plain clothes investigative officers are issued Sig Sauer 230's in .380 acp, I think their specialty designated JP models and have a slide mounted manual safety added which Sigs do not have from the factory.

So are hero's might get lucky and find some new guns or be able to replenish their ammo but I doubt that. Unless their is a sniper rifle their Kohta and Rei isn't going to aquire more, Saya's Luger is 9mm a military caliber so the chances are slim to none. With Takashi he might get lucky and find some 00 buck shot but it all depends on the Police Stations load out.

I think people have a case of wishfull thinking going on. This is Japan not the United States where over here police officers are armed to the teeth.

A gun is better than no gun but Japan and it's total ban on firearms would be devastating if such a disaster ever happened in real life.
well their cruisers ARE compact.... but also.... you can mod a shotgun into removing its stock, leaving only its pistol grip, and the barrel, thus shortening the gun.... i dont think that JP detectives are really armed with the original SiGs, but similar guns that fire sig manufactured rounds. i saw one time when i was in JP with me uncle on a business trip that we passed by a district station and notice three guys wearing civvies clothing holstering two M1911s and what looked like a 92fs
Old 2010-07-23, 15:08   Link #1095
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I kinda think that Yakuza got more gun than them .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
Well they'll play in Hard mode like me Melee weapons ftw
Old 2010-07-23, 17:28   Link #1096
Lummie

OMG, Yen Press licensed Highschool of the Dead......

source
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 18:08   Link #1097
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , in my country it's already licensed both manga and anime version .
Old 2010-07-23, 20:19   Link #1098
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
^ A fair price, however with the rate the manga is being released I'm inclined to pay until there's actually a heft amount of reading to do. Which doesn't look to be happening soon.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 20:22   Link #1099
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Now we will have to wait probably 6 or so months for them to even begin releasing an English version.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 21:32   Link #1100
Shmoof

Well that sucks.
Shmoof is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, author died, ecchi, gun pr0n, harem, horror, inazuma, shounen, torpedo tits, zombies