AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2012-01-01, 14:16   Link #1701
SkoolRumble4Ya

Why Gatoh keep on bring my hopes up. I really hope it is FMP season 4. Let's hope it's not the end of the world by then.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 17:48   Link #1702
Hippo
Careful now.

Ah, number 5 really does sound like it could be a new FMP series... I don't want to get my hopes up too much but it seems possible since it is something different from Cop Craft/ Another/ this new amusement park story (which sounds great by the way, I can imagine Bonta Kun turning up in it!) Fingers crossed!
Old 2012-01-01, 18:23   Link #1703
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Send a message via ICQ to Cenit Send a message via AIM to Cenit Send a message via MSN to Cenit
Oh look there is rumor again. New FMP anime? Never gonna happen!

Cenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 04:53   Link #1704
Skane
Anime Snark

Looks like this pretty much sums up the FMP! fandom on AnimeSuki... :P

Spoiler for YouTube Tidiness:

My Kingdom! My Kingdom for a season!
Old 2012-01-02, 08:15   Link #1705
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Looks like this pretty much sums up the FMP! fandom on AnimeSuki... :P

Spoiler for YouTube Tidiness:

My Kingdom! My Kingdom for a season!
That sums up my feelings right now. I want to believe, I really really do.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 09:15   Link #1706
NeoChan
Banned

Probably I will get married before a New Season appears.
NeoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 17:19   Link #1707
lightbringer
M9000

Lots of pessimism in here

That last one definitely sounds like it's gonna be "FMP last season" but well, if not, then there's always Sigma and the novels. The Sigma artist has great style; too bad his previous manga was axed just as it was getting interesting. Come to think of it, FMP is what ruined light novels for me - being the first LN I read and enlightening me that light novels really are just that... light. Extremely so, even.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 01:45   Link #1708
symphonious7
Emperor of Dorkdom

Wait... so do we actually have reason to believe they'll be another season? Or are people just wishful thinking... I would love to see another season! But I hope if they made one it would be more like the first season or Fumoffu, the second season was way too serious for me. The whole point of watching that show for me is scenes like when souske is follow Kaname and keeps insisting "it's just a coincidence", those are the things that make the anime great, and The Second Raid had very little of that.
Old 2012-02-08, 04:39   Link #1709
MidoriHiME

I think they're more likely to continue the main story than make another Fumoffu if they ever decide to make another anime at all, and the main storyline gets a LOT more serious than TSR. Personally I think FMP is best when it takes itself seriously (ironically, given the absurdity of its premise), but I can see why you'd miss the comedy. Fumoffu was pretty funny.
Old 2012-02-08, 12:06   Link #1710
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Send a message via ICQ to Cenit Send a message via AIM to Cenit Send a message via MSN to Cenit
Since they are about to release Another volume 3 i expect a Another Anime to be the next animated FMP project. Will watch it anyway.
Old 2012-02-08, 22:43   Link #1711
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Grr, it's really frustrating how they should know the fans are crying for more FMP anime, yet they don't give it to us. Especially when companies milk everything else. I like Evangelion, but how many iterations of it have been made? Then you have FMP which doesn't even have an anime of a large chunk of its story.

*sigh* At least they're making a manga of it. Though they wasted time and more than a whole manga volume on a side-story right in the middle of the final part of the novels. (I have no idea why they did that when the novels have been long-completed..............)
Old 2012-02-09, 11:07   Link #1712
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I have no idea why they did that when the novels have been long-completed..............
Because what you are reading are fan made translations by Illuminati-Manga. The chapters of FMPS volume 14 have been released around the same time the final FMP light novel got released (mid-2010). Back then they already started adapting DVMC into a manga due to Gatoh being a slow fuck. Thus they picked up the final light novel one year after its initial release for adapting it into a manga. As the fan made translations by IM proceed slow but steady you are now able to read what japanese speaking folks were reading about 2 years ago. Also they are reading the manga adaption for the final novel right now but it isn't finished yet. We will probably get the taste of it in a year or so.

Hope that helped. But i don't think you will get it.

Did you know the EVA manga is still ongoing while the TV series was finished 17 years ago?
Old 2012-02-09, 11:38   Link #1713
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenit View Post
Because what you are reading are fan made translations by Illuminati-Manga. The chapters of FMPS volume 14 have been released around the same time the final FMP light novel got released (mid-2010). Back then they already started adapting DVMC into a manga due to Gatoh being a slow fuck. Thus they picked up the final light novel one year after its initial release for adapting it into a manga. As the fan made translations by IM proceed slow but steady you are now able to read what japanese speaking folks were reading about 2 years ago. Also they are reading the manga adaption for the final novel right now but it isn't finished yet. We will probably get the taste of it in a year or so.

Hope that helped. But i don't think you will get it.
Umm, that doesn't quite apply to me. Because I'm not reading the fan translations. I'm reading the raw JP volumes as they come out. I can read Japanese.

The manga has been covering side-stories and stuff since volume 13. Currently, volume 16 was just released November of 2011, and they only got back to the actual story in the last 2 chapters of that volume.

Quote:
Did you know the EVA manga is still ongoing while the TV series was finished 17 years ago?
Yes I did; I'm reading that manga too. But Eva has like 3 iterations of the story I believe (if you include the movies), and they've made several re-releases of the TV series. >.>
Old 2012-02-09, 11:51   Link #1714
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Umm, that doesn't quite apply to me. Because I'm not reading the fan translations. I'm reading the raw JP volumes as they come out. I can read Japanese.

The manga has been covering side-stories and stuff since volume 13. Currently, volume 16 was just released November of 2011, and they only got back to the actual story in the last 2 chapters of that volume.
Yeah, but the serialization is way ahead of the manga releases. What released in November in a volume of Sigma had already been published in Dragon Age months prior. Sigma IS a serialized manga, I don't think a lot of people realize that... The DVMC storyline started about 2-3 months before ZSBM1 released.
Old 2012-02-09, 12:04   Link #1715
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
Yeah, but the serialization is way ahead of the manga releases. What released in November in a volume of Sigma had already been published in Dragon Age months prior. Sigma IS a serialized manga, I don't think a lot of people realize that... The DVMC storyline started about 2-3 months before ZSBM1 released.
I do know that. I have a couple issues of Dragon Age from a while ago with FMP Sigma chapters in them.
Old 2012-02-09, 12:17   Link #1716
FeistyDreams

Quote:
I do know that. I have a couple issues of Dragon Age from a while ago with FMP Sigma chapters in them.
If, if you know this, then why... say that they started doing side stories when the novels have "long been completed"? They did those side stories well before the novels were completed...

On another note, I still HIGHLY doubt they'd do an FMPAnother anime before finishing off the rest of the novels in anime form. I also still very much believe that the "long-awaited" project Gatoh mentioned will be more FMP anime. If not a full season, then hopefully at least a DVMC movie. We've all been waiting for that for a very long time. Gatoh's NEVER said before that he's been working on a project that the fans have been waiting for. He's said on other projects that it's something interesting or that he believes we'll enjoy, sure, but never once has he said it was something we've been waiting for on any of the previous projects. I BELIEVE.

Last edited by FeistyDreams; 2012-02-09 at 12:23. Reason: grammar fail
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 12:32   Link #1717
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
~~ I BELIEVE.
Befits your forum-name.

Cheers.
Old 2012-02-09, 12:40   Link #1718
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Quote:
I'm reading the raw JP volumes as they come out.
So wtf with the retarded question? Waste of time and energy.

@feistydreams: People want more anime. People don't care what kind of anime. "Another" Anime would sell at least twice the amount of DVDs/BDs compared to "Third Raid". Its gonna happen :P
Old 2012-02-09, 12:55   Link #1719
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
If, if you know this, then why... say that they started doing side stories when the novels have "long been completed"? They did those side stories well before the novels were completed...
Well to be honest I didn't realize the chapter composing volume 13, 14, and the first part of 15 were only published in Dragon Age when the novels were still ongoing. But the content of volume 16 came after the novels were finished, so they actually were still taking their time with side story material after the novels were finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenit View Post
So wtf with the retarded question? Waste of time and energy.
Well you did misinterpret my question and thought I was talking about the fan translations, which I wasn't.

And just for the record, I wasn't really asking anybody anything. I made a comment on the topic. People commented on my topic. I responded to the comments.
Old 2012-02-09, 13:00   Link #1720
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Quote:
But the content of volume 16 came after the novels were finished, so they actually were still taking their time with side story material after the novels were finished.
Feisty will soooooo kill you for that.

Just out of curiosity are you aware about the content of the light novels?

EDIT: Anyway sorry for rage. It was a misunderstanding after all.

Tags
there is a god!