AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 54 56.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 21.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 11.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.17%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-03-10, 00:45   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Nisemonogatari - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Nisemonogatari, Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 10:40   Link #2
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Damn it.....it's official. This season is going to end next week. They can definitely fit the rest of the novel within the last episode. Sorry mates no webisodes for us this season.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 12:03   Link #3
Miraluka
Banned

Ikki: I shall return alive from my own ashes, burn yourself Phoenix!!!

Didn't expect much from this episode but ended being good.

+1 for Kaike and the ED card.

I finde myself enjoying this series more than Bake.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 13:10   Link #4
leorodri100

OK...i already knew she was a phoenix that's not a surprise for me, i knew she would regenerate what i wasn't expecting was the way araragi turned into his former vampire self at least the 10%
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 13:12   Link #5
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

loved this ep, lot of tension in the second half, though with this series i cant be sure how its gonna end, also that berserk araragi BGM, gotta get this series begm just for that one.
Old 2012-03-10, 13:14   Link #6
DorkingtonPugsly

I liked this episode. It had a good balance of usual talking and actual serious conversations. And the end surprised me a little since I was not expecting anything quite like that this time. I'm kind of perplexed though, how they were able to fit the content of one book into just four episodes, must've skipped a bunch of stuff.
I enjoyed all the references, scenes, and phrases to/from Bakemonogatari, and the multiple uses of the key word "nisemono". Like how Karen and Tsukihi are both Nisemono but in totally different ways. Awesome.
Old 2012-03-10, 13:38   Link #7
pampz21
ShipCore

Do we see Vampire Araragi or Kiss-shot Next episode?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 13:42   Link #8
leorodri100

probably araragi at its full 10% after kisshot drunk lots of his blood
also. that scene when tsukihi is destroyed, that's totally censored.
Old 2012-03-10, 14:50   Link #9
tsunade666

So the story for Tsukihi phoenix finally starts to take action. At first with Moe Shinobue demanding donuts and also rape time for Koyomi on his imouto Tsukihi then into facepalm Kaiki -_- with the finally the weird duo proclaiming that they are ally of justice -_-

I wondr what happen to the real Tsukihi.
Old 2012-03-10, 15:07   Link #10
NewlyGolden
Unholy Wanderer

Too much Shinobu win for words, I'll leave that to others.

For some reason, I found it hilarious that the Big Bad of the previous arc just so happened to be eating donuts at the shop, and was able to have a conversation with Araragi while doing so.

And I absolutely want to see 10% Araragi and Shinobu take on the two onmyouji.
NewlyGolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 15:33   Link #11
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Hang on, hang on. My inner Bakemonogatari fanboy is still trying to formulate a rationalization of Araragi's stone cold sober grab-assing (grab-boobing?) of his underage sister. Oh! I got it. Maybe she had a mastectomy, and this was the only way to demonstrate that it had grown back. Ahhh... there we go. Cognitive dissonance averted!

The rest of the episode was awesome. Lots of Shinobu goodness, a great Kaiki reveal, and some good payoff to the new duo's sinister aura. Tsukihi's hysterical tendencies make her hilarious in a dark sort of way, and I was pleased to see the awl make a return. "Go away! I'm pretending I'm not here!"

It's interesting how the "genuine" duo of justice isn't so likable as the imposter Fire Sisters. They're lucky they're so powerful, or Araragi would have made hamburger out of them, vampire or not. You can hardly blame him for going feral on them; that was pretty cold, even if Tsukihi is a monster, as they say.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 15:39   Link #12
leorodri100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Hang on, hang on. My inner Bakemonogatari fanboy is still trying to formulate a rationalization of Araragi's stone cold sober grab-assing (grab-boobing?) of his underage sister. Oh! I got it. Maybe she had a mastectomy, and this was the only way to demonstrate that it had grown back. Ahhh... there we go. Cognitive dissonance averted!

nope, he just grabbed it cuz he wondered how it feels to touch a breast, no deep meaning there
Old 2012-03-10, 16:08   Link #13
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Well I would hardly say that Tsukihi is an evil one as she is staying as a supernatural in a family of normal humans, cuz aren't all three of them supernatural?
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 16:23   Link #14
Hiro Hayase

Going by this trend, the next episode will seem much more fast paced, especially the conclusion and epilogue to normalcy.

It was cute seeing Shinobu at mister donuts animated. Donut heaven lol.

"Go away! I'm pretending I'm not here!" - I do that all the time too hahaha.
Old 2012-03-10, 16:29   Link #15
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

My lord, Shinobu was so bloody awesome in this episode. She's quickly becoming one my favorite character in the series. Not too many characters can manage to be badass and heart-attack-inducingly adorable at the same time. She makes it look like the most natural combination in the world.

I didn't expect to see Kaiki again so soon, and was very pleased with his return. I love how casual it was too: he was simply eating donuts at another table behind Araragi; the latter's reaction when he saw him was hilarious
It's understandable, as he never thought he'd see him again, much less in that kind of restaurant.

Kagenui turned out to be an onmyouji, and Tsukihi a phoenix -- no surprises there. What makes the situation more interesting than the previous ones is that Tsukihi herself is the phoenix and is not simply its host. That means she can't get exorcised. More importantly, that means she isn't truly Koyomi's sister... I doubt it will matter much to him though. Fake or not, he's lived with her for the past 14 years, she's just as real to him as Karen.

I guess he'll have no choice but to kick Kagenui's ass to make her back down. It won't be a piece of cake.
Old 2012-03-10, 16:35   Link #16
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Shinobu is just awesome. Lol Kaiki showed up again. So Tsukihi didn't get anything, but is in fact the phoenix itself. Araragi going crazy was pretty cool as well. Is it really going to end next week? I want more.
Old 2012-03-10, 16:36   Link #17
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Considering that Kagenui managed to stop Koyomi when he went berserk, she must be really strong. Though I dont knw how strong Koyomi himself is at full vamp-mode
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 16:37   Link #18
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I didn't expect to see Kaiki again so soon, and was very pleased with his return. I love how casual it was too: he was simply eating donuts at another table behind Araragi; the latter's reaction when he saw him was hilarious
I love how Kaiki just casually keeps taking people's wallets.

Quote:
I guess he'll have no choice but to kick Kagenui's ass to make her back down. It won't be a piece of cake.
I hope they wont troll us here. A proper fight between Araragi and Kagenui would be awesome.

And damn, the fake sister reveal was totally unexpected.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 17:03   Link #19
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Shinobu is just awesome. Lol Kaiki showed up again. So Tsukihi didn't get anything, but is in fact the phoenix itself. Araragi going crazy was pretty cool as well. Is it really going to end next week? I want more.
I'm a bit confused because I thought Ononoki said she's possessed but then she's also a Phoenix herself? Which is it? Or is it some sort of medium of the two?
Old 2012-03-10, 19:03   Link #20
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
9/10, could very well be 10/10 if they did something more interesting with the background art or 100/10 if Tsubasa was involved

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Damn it.....it's official. This season is going to end next week. They can definitely fit the rest of the novel within the last episode. Sorry mates no webisodes for us this season.
Seems so, but I would like to know what they have skipped, since it's impossible that 2 episodes covered 150-200 double-pages

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Do we see Vampire Araragi or Kiss-shot Next episode?
Reading (or later this year watching) Kizu- could answer that question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
So the story for Tsukihi phoenix finally starts to take action.
Eh?! what about all the foreshadowing/exposition/almost-spoiler appearances of Tsukihi throught Nise- Did you miss them

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I wondr what happen to the real Tsukihi.
Was there a real one to begin with? or is the fake the real one? I hope we'll see next episode, instead of some stupid fight, that wouldn't fit neither SHAFT nor NishiOIshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Maybe it's my old age, but haven't a family member, or close friend, or ex-girlfriend asked you to check out some private part for a tumor or something? Dunno seems very normal to me for siblings and friends to do so for scars... it might be misunderstood by outsiders, but there is nothing sleazy about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I love how Kaiki just casually keeps taking people's wallets.
True, another testament to Hitagi's insignificance, next to dental hygiene

Quote:
I hope they wont troll us here. A proper fight between Araragi and Kagenui would be awesome.
NO Action scenes would just waste the budget in lame shounen crap (IMHO)... better have a proper resolution like all the novels have done so already.

Quote:
And damn, the fake sister reveal was totally unexpected.
Unfortunately, I was spoiled like a n00b in the novel thread a couple of years ago. Still though the way it was revealed was excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmaKarma View Post
I'm a bit confused because I thought Ononoki said she's possessed but then she's also a Phoenix herself? Which is it? Or is it some sort of medium of the two?
CR-quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoahyuu View Post
Best episode of the season!
Nah... ep.04 (cathedral bathroom X Tsubasa) or ep.08 (Tooth-brushing EPIC) were far better visually, audibly, and character/story-wise... however much a vocal minority abusing the forums rules hates them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoahyuu View Post
Also, Tsukihi is still technically Koyomi's imouto.
I don't know the specifics, but it seems to me like the question if an adopted child is technically your child I guess it depends on how each persons makes his/her own definitions
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote