AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS+ Plus - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 35 68.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 17.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 7.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-16, 23:27   Link #41
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Wasn't she supposed to have green eyes though or was that a translation mistake?
It definitely is a translation mistake. The Japanese word for that (青い )(pronounced as aoi) has two meanings; either blue or green, but it relates more to blue than green.

Anyway, this has got to be the best episode I've watched in Amagami SS. Full of laughter and wackiness. I think I laughed the hardest when I saw the foreign version of Miya...lol at the foreign version of nishishishi...

And Jessica is awesome too like Haruka. Haruka with "Lovely" as her middle name and Jessica with "Sexy" as her middle name...haha...

EDIT: Yeah, I remember harkua's middle name having Love or something. Thanks for letting me know it's Lovely, Sumeragi

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~

Last edited by eplipswich; 2012-03-16 at 23:58.
Old 2012-03-16, 23:32   Link #42
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eplipswich View Post
And Jessica is awesome too like Haruka. Haruka with "Love" as her middle name and Jessica with "Sexy" as her middle name...haha...
It's actually Lovely. Basically....

Haruka Lovely Morishima
Jessica Sexy Morishima
Old 2012-03-17, 01:15   Link #43
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

LOL Hibiki gets roped into one of Haruka's roleplaying games I was worried she might just die from embarrassment !! I know I would if I had to call someone 'papa' and proclaim one of them to be pregnant

Jessica Sexy Morishima... Now I've seen it all...

P.S - Junichi be a man! Do the right thing!
Old 2012-03-17, 01:29   Link #44
relentlessflame

*Administrator

After seeing the episode, I now totally understand why they saved this arc for last. It's not just because Haruka's a popular character, but because her story deals with graduation, and the underlying theme is nostalgia, saying farewell, and moving on -- just like we're all going to have to do. So it's perfect for a conclusion to this show (omake OVA notwithstanding).

Other than that, I have to agree with the general consensus here that this was probably one of the best episodes of the show. It's actually funny because, despite being one of the more bold and adventurous characters, "Haruka in love" is actually quite bashful too. That's why they had to introduce Jessica to provide the little bit of extra push that Haruka herself provided in the early part of the first season (so it's no surprise they they're practically twins). Of course, no surprise either that Jessica's extra "forwardness"... and her extra bust size... are attributed to her being a foreigner. Ah, stereotypes...

Also, going back to the shack was a good call-back. Not all the other arcs had such obvious call-backs, but this one fit in really well.

Well, the ending of next week is pretty much telegraphed: Haruka graduates, and Junichi proposes... but I'm looking forward to seeing it play out anyway. Should be a fitting ending (again, with the OVA to come).
Old 2012-03-17, 09:35   Link #45
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
It's actually Lovely. Basically....

Haruka Lovely Morishima
Jessica Sexy Morishima
You know, sometimes i wonder what was their grandfather thinking when he gave them those names.
Spoiler for What i'm talking about:
Old 2012-03-17, 15:50   Link #46
chaos_animagic

Jessica...

I wonder what'll be Junichi's reaction if Jessica and Haruka did a "switch"... LOL

Since the only difference is hair color and some accents.

*delusions rising*
Old 2012-03-17, 16:46   Link #47
pikachuwei

^you forgot boob size
Old 2012-03-17, 20:51   Link #48
Anime-fan10

Haruka has been my favorite since the first season and she still is now. Her relationship w/ Junichi is ahead of the other girls; Haruka's thinking about marriage for crying out loud, haha. The episode was good and I can't wait for the next one. We all know they get married based on the first season, so I'm sure this season's ending will not disappoint.
Old 2012-03-18, 05:12   Link #49
Divini
Senpai!

This episode was just win.

- Seeing Haruka all flustered over her secret and Jessica's kiss
- Epic roleplaying with Hibiki - "P-Papa... Okaerinrin!"
- For some reason Blond Miya's "Nishishishi" made me rofl for a while.
Old 2012-03-18, 08:39   Link #50
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Of course, no surprise either that Jessica's extra "forwardness"... and her extra bust size... are attributed to her being a foreigner. Ah, stereotypes...
I try not to let that kind of stuff bother me, as it's pretty benign overall, but it is still very silly... at best. Another mitigating factor is the fact that Jessica came across as an extremely likeable character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's actually funny because, despite being one of the more bold and adventurous characters, "Haruka in love" is actually quite bashful too. That's why they had to introduce Jessica to provide the little bit of extra push that Haruka herself provided in the early part of the first season (so it's no surprise they they're practically twins).
That's a good point, Haruka has changed a lot now that she's actually developed serious feelings for Junichi. On one hand, it's an interesting irony that she, as you point out, is getting the same push applied to her now, but on the other, I feel that perhaps she's changed a little too much. I'd surely be lying if I said I didn't enjoy seeing Haruka blush and fluster, but I think I miss her more assertive and bold personality traits a bit. (Not that they're gone, of course, just a bit subdued.)

It is a minor gripe regardless; she's still an amazingly entertaining character, and this was a very entertaining episode. I'm happy they held onto this arc all the way to the end this time. I felt that they played their trump card right out of the bat last season, and that resulted in a bit of a downward slope. This time, Haruka was the top of gold waiting at the end of the rainbow, and we're finally there.
Old 2012-03-18, 09:33   Link #51
SoKanon

very good episode. If the second half its like the first it would be great. Cant wait for next episode. Morishima-senpai still my favourite.
Old 2012-03-18, 19:34   Link #52
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That was so silly. Sexy as a middle name, really?

And her eyes were not green. Someone made an oops.
Old 2012-03-19, 13:26   Link #53
Candyshark

I never could get into Haruka's Club. She is too playful and too sweet for my liking. But episode was great simply great with Hibiki and role-play. Being daring is always a plus in my book.
Old 2012-03-20, 14:04   Link #54
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
That was so silly. Sexy as a middle name, really?

And her eyes were not green. Someone made an oops.
She cool, though.
Old 2012-03-21, 06:21   Link #55
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

how many hours more before episode 12 airs?
Old 2012-03-22, 16:09   Link #56
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

edit: *sees post date* It aired 5 hours ago. :P
Old 2012-03-22, 23:54   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This was a fun episode. The roleplay games Haruka gets into are just too fun . Even better that Hibiki got dragged into them. The priest wasn't too bad, the doctor was a bit tougher, but then she gets the job of being their child . She did a pretty good job though of teasing both Haruka and Junichi.

Junichi's imagination is something that will never stop amazing me .

It is fun to see Haruka a bit flustered. Obviously wanting Junichi to propose on her graduation day, but not wanting to outright ask for it. Though subtle hints might be too tough for Junichi to decipher.